Taylor to quit if dropped

Barney

Taylor set to quit if droppedSep 16 2007

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

TOMORROW is D-Day in Steven Taylor’s contract dispute with Newcastle.

If, as he fears, the defender is dropped for new boy Habib Beye for the visit to Derby, he is set to tell United he is prepared to leave in January.

Taylor has already turned down one contract offer described by his dad, Alf, as “completely inadequate”.

And both father and son are understood to be angry that United boss Sam Allardyce criticised Taylor Sr for speaking out on the issue.

But with Taylor being dropped at Derby a more likely prospect than Newcastle chairman Chris Mort meeting his £30,000-a-week wage demands, talks planned between the two parties for Wednesday look set to fail.

And that will alert Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea to the possibility of persuading the Magpies to part with Taylor in January.

Allardyce is also ready to upset goalkeeper Shay Given by keeping faith with his long-time understudy Steve Harper at Derby.

Meanwhile, Newcastle have no fears over main backers Northern Rock’s problems, having already received most of the money from their £25 million sponsorship deal up front.

Fucking hell, the papers really have nothing to write about do they?

There are no quotes from either side, this is utter speculation and reacting to it is daft. Haway man Scott, you know damn well that papers will create news Steven Taylor has been played out of position game after game after game without so much as a squeak of complaint, he has played hard every time he's pulled on the shirt. Do you really think he's going to throw his toys out of the pram the moment we have a strong squad, a good manager and the bow of the ship is pointing in the right direction for the first time in ten years?

If there's any truth in this, he needs a good talking to. Given that we do have direct quotes from Alf, I think it's a reasonable assumption that there is. Apparently it's ok to go bad-mouthing the new regime to the press, as long as they don't make any reasonable comments in return via the same medium.

If we sell him, sell him abroad. It'd be a right kick in the teeth to see him challenging for trophies with teams in the top four.

He wouldn't be in the first team of any of the big four.

Edited by ewerk

If we sell him, sell him abroad. It'd be a right kick in the teeth to see him challenging for trophies with teams in the top four.

Debatable.

Fucking hell, the papers really have nothing to write about do they?

There are no quotes from either side, this is utter speculation and reacting to it is daft. Haway man Scott, you know damn well that papers will create news Steven Taylor has been played out of position game after game after game without so much as a squeak of complaint, he has played hard every time he's pulled on the shirt. Do you really think he's going to throw his toys out of the pram the moment we have a strong squad, a good manager and the bow of the ship is pointing in the right direction for the first time in ten years?

I said IF there's any truth in it, slaphead!

IF it's true then I hope Sam gives him a hand packing his bags....

In my mind, there's only one player at the club currently head and shoulders above his rivals for position in terms of talent and Allardyce isn't even picking him!

Gemmill's right, he's been over-praised far too early in his career and its beginning to sound like he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is!

In my mind, there's only one player at the club currently head and shoulders above his rivals for position in terms of talent and Allardyce isn't even picking him!

Gemmill's right, he's been over-praised far too early in his career and its beginning to sound like he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is!

Given?

EDIT: and Enrique ;)

Edited by Shearergol

Given?

EDIT: and Enrique ;)

Ameobi ldo.

No stupid at all, the stupid people are the ones getting worked up and turning on Taylor because of something they have read from a source who has countless number of times spouted absolute bollocks.

But its ok because during their Taylor is an arrogant prick rant they have put an "IF" at the start of the sentence.

:icon_lol:

Edited by Gejon

Debatable.

too error prone. think a mikael silvestre or wes brown or senderos of arsenal with an ego the size of south shields. thats steven taylor... i agree with the selling him overseas thing.

Guest James_coDurham
No stupid at all, the stupid people are the ones getting worked up and turning on Taylor because of something they have read from a source who has countless number of times spouted absolute bollocks.

But its ok because during their Taylor is an arrogant prick rant they have put an "IF" at the start of the sentence.

How fun would the forum be if everyone's stock response would be "no quotes, not true" to every single article like this. I think it's fair to make a comment on Taylor based on this article, whilst stating that it only applies if the article is true.

This all winds down to Gay Jon being on his high horse. Constantly. Tbh.

Edited by James_coDurham

Who's worked up? If it keeps you happy though, I'll try and curtail my one sentence "rants". :icon_lol:

If there's any truth in this......I'll be jolly well annoyed, let me tell you.

Given?

EDIT: and Enrique :icon_lol:

The former is the one I was referring to...

(we seriously need to change the wink smiley - this one is freaking me out :icon_lol: )

How fun would the forum be if everyone's stock response would be "no quotes, not true" to every single article like this. I think it's fair to make a comment on Taylor based on this article, whilst stating that it only applies if the article is true.

Sorry who are you? :icon_lol:

All well and good discussing it but some people need to calm down, especially due to the source and the fact it has 0 quotes.

Oh well lets just all assume Taylor is an arrogant prick who thinks he is a lot better than he is and is obviously demanding wages that dwarf anyone else at his level. Much more fun.

All well and good discussing it but some people need to calm down, especially due to the source and the fact it has 0 quotes.

Oh well lets just all assume Taylor is an arrogant prick who thinks he is a lot better than he is and is obviously demanding wages that dwarf anyone else at his level. Much more fun.

There would hardly be a single thread about Owen if you got rid of the "If..." rule though.

Its more the people who seem to be genuinely worked up with Taylor about it (so i apologise Gemmill).

Basically one story with quotes from his dad when all we know Taylor could be as pissed off as the rest that his dad has been approached and commented as he did and now its all "Taylor is an arrogant prick, nowhere near as good as he thinks he is" etc etc...

16 pages of it on N-O but unfortunately thats to be expected.

Fucking hell, that's told him.