Newcastle United Vs Derby County (away)

Tom

It's one game lads. There's 30-odd to go. I know it was shite and it was disappointing, but this is the first defeat of the season and people are carrying on like we're bottom of the league.

No, but we lost to a team that were!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall a terrible performance by all imo

Something very roederesque about the whole thing from selection to performance. Butt - outfought, Smith - was he playing?, Zog - wasted, Milner - wasted on the left, Ameobi - Lets all pray for the hip injury to return, Taylor - Didn't help his contract talks

Best team won.

It's one game lads. There's 30-odd to go. I know it was shite and it was disappointing, but this is the first defeat of the season and people are carrying on like we're bottom of the league.

Most worrying thing is though, we haven't played anyone yet. Dismal defending against Boro, scraping a win against Wigan. You could say we caught Bolton on a really bad day.

People were tugging themselves senseless over Rozenhal and Cacapa's performances against Wigan. Wigan ffs.

Went through a 15 minute spell tonight where we couldn't even keep the ball in play.

Its not the result, its the manner of it.

Couldn't have said it better, I could've taken it on the chin if we were in the match in any way, but fact of the matter is we were shite from start to end. Against a team we should beat by a good margin.

I honestly thought that performances like that would be a thing of the past - probably over optimistic but still galling.

The only positive for me is that with any sense Given will be back in goal after another display of Harper-position magic.

I honestly thought that performances like that would be a thing of the past - probably over optimistic but still galling.

The only positive for me is that with any sense Given will be back in goal after another display of Harper-position magic.

Can't really put any blame on Harper tbh

Agreed but i feel happier with Given in

I don't exept a repeat of this dreadful performance either. But the game was a good example where you get to when you have a team that is just full of grafters without any footballing class. That's why I would never ever have allowed someone like Solano to leave without having any replacement whatever the personal circumstances were.

If most of the player have a day off like nearly every player had today, this is what you get. Smith was too busy going in stupid tackles and arguments with the referee (which imbecil made him captain?). N'Zogbia's and Geremi's set pieces were horrible. Butt looked like he had attempted suicide by taking an overdose of sleeping pills, Milner has the pace of a snail suffering from MS and Ameobi wouldn't even make the England women team.

Edited by Isegrim

Disagree - the first two jobs of a keeper are to stay on their feet (see Alonso) and to be in the right position for anything that may happen - he was off the middle of the goal for no reason whatsoever - it was a good strike but I blame him - nowt against him just think He's not good enough.

Lets have a bit of perspective. We've lost our first game of the season, we played shit and didn't look up for it.

Do you think Allardyce will learn from that? Do you think he saw Ameobi's performance and won't play him again unless we're down to the bones? Do you think he saw the set piece delivery and will have them working on it this week? Do you think he'll download the stats off Pro-Zone and pull the midfield to bits? Do you think he'll introduce his fullbacks, the ones he brought in to improve the team (also allowing him to move Zog forward)?

He's not daft you know. It's a setback and a massive disappointment but lets see how we come back from this before writing off the season

:icon_lol:

Lets have a bit of perspective. We've lost our first game of the season, we played shit and didn't look up for it.

Do you think Allardyce will learn from that? Do you think he saw Ameobi's performance and won't play him again unless we're down to the bones? Do you think he saw the set piece delivery and will have them working on it this week? Do you think he'll download the stats off Pro-Zone and pull the midfield to bits? Do you think he'll introduce his fullbacks, the ones he brought in to improve the team (also allowing him to move Zog forward)?

He's not daft you know. It's a setback and a massive disappointment but lets see how we come back from this before writing off the season

He's a witch! Burn him! :icon_lol:

Do we know why Owen was taken off yet?

Probably confused as to why there were black stripes on his white shirt tbh

It would probably be funnier if we had actually played in black and white. Shows that I've forgotten the game already.

Guest Patrokles
Butt looked like he had attempted suicide by taking an overdose of sleeping pills, Milner has the pace of a snail suffering from MS and Ameobi wouldn't even make the England women team.

German humour. :icon_lol:

Butt looked like he had attempted suicide by taking an overdose of sleeping pills, Milner has the pace of a snail suffering from MS and Ameobi wouldn't even make the England women team.

German humour. :icon_lol:

Ve don't make jokes, I vas serious. :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles

In all seriousness, though, it was an embarassing display going forward. Cacapa and Rozenhal still look fairly decent as a central defensive partnership, though. You'd hope that with Enrique in so that N'Zogbia can play further forward, and Barton back, maybe things will be a bit better. Terribe today, though.