Faye: first impressions?

Dr Gloom

i know he had little time to impress but i thought his first performance for us was reminiscent of his namesake amady. slow clumsy and a shocking first touch. does anyone know if he's been signed primarily as a defender or a midfielder?

I'd say he's bought to be a squad player. Maybe to be used against physically stronger teams. Didn't look too clever last night though.

not exactly a game changing super sub was he?

apart from martins, how bench last night was shockingly bad. pattison ffs?

Whats everyone think of Beye?

Didn't think he looked that bad tbh, knocked the simple ball. Wasn't entirely the perfect game for him to come on though and make an impression.

Well anyone but fucking Carr or Babayaro at right back tbh,

Not sure where he was at last night like, presumably right back though

would rather have brought smith off for Beye and not Taylor, and stuck him at right mid as he can bomb it up and down and cross a ball. It's nice to know we have two former captains of champs league teams in the back four though =) Let's hope he settles in as well as Cacapa has pretty soon.

He made one mistake when he got caught on the ball, but looked very composed the majority of time. I wouldn't say he played simple passes. He made vital passes under pressure and looked a better player than Butt did in the little time he was given.

I'd replace Butt with Faye in our next game personally.

Didn't exactly have a lot of time to impress, but it will be interesting to see if he plays and where/if Taylor plays in our next game. I thought Taylor played a good game, but I would be chopping and changing him & Rozenhal in central defence and playing him at right-back when needed.

Wasn't impressed at all with Rozenhal in the air, but everything else he did, apart from miss a sitter, I thought he did a decent job. Mind, it says something when you've got him & Taylor bursting forward instead one or two from midfield. :icon_lol:

Thought Faye did very well when he came on, nothing spectacular but retained possession under pressure and kept the ball moving about. Also, was quite mobile and looked to be picking out space to run into.

Generally, we were a load of old cock though.

I think its too early to form an opinion of either. They joined late in a game where the team was collectively gash and I don't recall seeing anything of note by either of them.

Having said that, the TV I watched the match on last night was gash too and some dick kept putting the jukebox on when I was trying to listen to what was going on so I could have missed something from them :icon_lol:

Didn't exactly have a lot of time to impress, but it will be interesting to see if he plays and where/if Taylor plays in our next game. I thought Taylor played a good game, but I would be chopping and changing him & Rozenhal in central defence and playing him at right-back when needed.

Wasn't impressed at all with Rozenhal in the air, but everything else he did, apart from miss a sitter, I thought he did a decent job. Mind, it says something when you've got him & Taylor bursting forward instead one or two from midfield. :icon_lol:

Rozehnal did some things well, but I thought he had a stinker in general. He lost the ball due to a poor first touch in the 2nd half, then, during recovery, left a man drift behind him, completely oblivious. For a big lad, he didn't win a single header either.

Wasn't impressed at all with Rozenhal in the air, but everything else he did, apart from miss a sitter, I thought he did a decent job. Mind, it says something when you've got him & Taylor bursting forward instead one or two from midfield. :huh:

Thats exactly what we dont want to do! We have possibly our best CB pairing in living memory for me! Why chop and change them?

Wasn't impressed at all with Rozenhal in the air, but everything else he did, apart from miss a sitter, I thought he did a decent job. Mind, it says something when you've got him & Taylor bursting forward instead one or two from midfield. :huh:

Taylor was poor tbh