Ameobi - Always the whipping boy....

bassplayerjj

It makes me fucking sick.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

He didn't have the best of games, but people are making out that he missed 3 open goals and gave the ball away all the time....The lad had one half chance and just missed the target.

Ameobi may not be the answer, but to bash him when for me he has contributed more than Viduka, is quite unfair.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

He didn't have the best of games, but people are making out that he missed 3 open goals and gave the ball away all the time....The lad had one half chance and just missed the target.

Ameobi may not be the answer, but to bash him when for me he has contributed more than Viduka, is quite unfair.

You're right. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch and I sincerely hope nobody's blaming him for the defeat, but sadly he's being used as a scapegoat as always. To criticise him is fine, however to single him out for extra criticism and in fact abuse, is frankly ridiculous. He's been out for ages and has barely played since and still showed decent form in pre-season. It's his first start of the season and the team plays rubbish, however he's the one who gets all the abuse. Bramble and Luque haven't got nearly as much abuse as he has - it's pathetic really.

I don't know why everyone abuses him. There's normally some reference to how he's never been good enough, which is strange really because before the operation he clearly WAS good enough as he was regularly scoring and making goals. It's his first competitive start for months and he gets all this abuse already.

Here we go again... :icon_lol:

He's not being used as a scapegoat, he's being criticised for being a brainless idiot. Up to his usual tricks yesterday.

I've seen all our games this season... and that is simply not true. Viduka was poor against Boro, but good against Wigan. As for being offside and giving away free kicks, you're simply talking crap.

Here we go again... ;)

He's not being used as a scapegoat, he's being criticised for being a brainless idiot. Up to his usual tricks yesterday.

I think the point of the post...oh forget it.... :icon_lol: ..... its like GroundHog day.

I will leave this thread alone by saying that Alan Smith is going to be my scapegoat number 1, every time we lose. Just don't like him. :icon_lol:

I've seen all our games this season... and that is simply not true. Viduka was poor against Boro, but good against Wigan. As for being offside and giving away free kicks, you're simply talking crap.

So you obviously missed the many freekicks Viduka gave away (this is because the lump can't jump off the ground and the modern day ref doesn't like his shearer-esque wrestling vs the centre halves) against both boro and Villa, and he only played a half at Wigan. To simply say I'm talking crap when the facts state otherwise is a bit harsh.

Edited by bassplayerjj

You've not really helped your case in proving he isn't a scapegoat by not explaining why all the other players didn't get abuse from you - certainly not in the same vain as Ameobi. He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

Then again he's a brainless idiot, so should be shot. :icon_lol:

So you obviously missed the many freekicks Viduka gave away (this is because the lump can't jump off the ground and the modern day ref doesn't like his shearer-esque wrestling vs the centre halves)

... are you sure you are still talking about Viduka? That is the very basis of Shola's game :icon_lol:

You've not really helped your case in proving he isn't a scapegoat by not explaining why all the other players didn't get abuse from you - certainly not in the same vain as Ameobi. He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

It's simple really...

For example: Smith and Geremi were bad, they have been at the club for two months. Shola has been the same player up to the same tricks for 6 years. Why should I explain why I'm not giving other players abuse in a topic about Shola?

It's incremental. I think Allardyce should take a big share of the blame for the defeat last night... However I am also very much inclined to believe he can learn from his mistakes.

So you obviously missed the many freekicks Viduka gave away (this is because the lump can't jump off the ground and the modern day ref doesn't like his shearer-esque wrestling vs the centre halves)

... are you sure you are still talking about Viduka? That is the very basis of Shola's game :icon_lol:

yeah it has been on many occasions but I thought last night he won a fair amount of headers and his general play wasn't too bad at all, better than I've seen from Vid. I must have been watching a different game.

People also forget that during his last start he set up Owen with a great through ball to beat that rather stubborn Barnsley team.

It's simple really...

For example: Smith and Geremi were bad, they have been at the club for two months. Shola has been the same player up to the same tricks for 6 years. Why should I explain why I'm not giving other players abuse in a topic about Shola?

It's incremental. I think Allardyce should take a big share of the blame for the defeat last night... However I am also very much inclined to believe he can learn from his mistakes.

Not the most original of arguments; the old Ameobi has always been rubbish argument.

I doubt you were honestly complaining about his performances before his operation. Granted he was making mistakes, but scoring and making goals frequently also, whilst carrying an injury. That can't be a bad thing surely? Or did you still want him shot for the terrible crime of making a few mistakes? He comes back from his operation and plays badly in his first start - hardly a surprise for any player really.

Then again it's Shola, so let's give him plenty more insults. :icon_lol:

Why didn't you give players like Bramble and Babayaro nearly as much abuse? Prejudice perhaps?

Edited by TheInspiration

yeah it has been on many occasions but I thought last night he won a fair amount of headers and his general play wasn't too bad at all, better than I've seen from Vid. I must have been watching a different game.

You really must have mate. Really.

Ameobi played better against Wigan than Viduka did tbh.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play.

He did more than Viduka did last night, I'll give you that but I have to admit it was a close one. Had Marky boy made his missus a cuppa at half time then Id have to disagree.

Why didn't you give players like Bramble and Babayaro nearly as much abuse? Prejudice perhaps?

Maybe because neither got to play that regularly, and eventually burnt their bridges. Bramble did get the stick he deserved.

What prejudice though? I get wound up and annoyed when because a Newcastle player is repeatedly crap and makes the same mistakes over and over?

As I said, there will always be people who will be ready to defend him no matter what. It sickens me. The fact even Gemmill isn't playing devil's advocate here says a lot to me.

Ameobi played better against Wigan than Viduka did tbh.

Not too sure about that... Viduka was good in the first half, but that last ditch tackle by Shola on Zog who was about to smash it with his left foot was world class I'll give you that.

Wake up and smell the coffee all you Ameobi sympathisers, he shouldn't lace up another pair of boots for NUFC again, I can cope with players occasionally having a bad game but Shola last night was symply inept.

Yes, on the most part the whole team was shit last night, but Shola took the definition of shit to whole new level.

Anyone willing to accept that kind of performance should accept us being in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

Thats something I'm not willing to do.

Yes, its prejudice. I will freely admit that Im a crapist, I see a player whos crap and abuse him. As for Bumble not getting as much abuse? I remember him getting as much if not more regularly.

Guest James_coDurham

Yes, its prejudice. I will freely admit that Im a crapist, I see a player whos crap and abuse him. As for Bumble not getting as much abuse? I remember him getting as much if not more regularly.

Bramble was also able to have the occasional good game. Shola constantly looks shit.

How many times do we have to go over it? Ameobi can't shoot, pass, header, tackle or make space for himself in this league, therefore he shouldn't even be at the club never mind getting his game. It's no coincidence that he bangs goals in when playing for the reserves, thats his level.

He's had more than his fair share of opportunity's and from what I've seen of young Carroll, and thats not much he's a far better player.

Fuck Off Shola!

Shouldnt have had it fixed. Clearly was in his prime then I guess. He's always been poor in overall play even when he's managed to grab his goals here and there.

Again, the overall balance of risk vs profit makes it not worth playing Shola.