Ameobi - Always the whipping boy....

bassplayerjj

So when Shola got us from lower-mid table to europe at the end of the 05-06 season with a dodgy hip he couldn't shoot, pass, header?

Ah yes, I forgot, he done it all by himself as well.....Fuck Off.

He shoots like an old woman, headers like Steven Hawkins and can trap a ball further than i can pass it.

H E I S N O T G O O D E N O U G H F O R T H E P R E M I E R L E A G U E.................R E C O G N I S E

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Shola got us from lower-mid table to europe at the end of the 05-06 season with a dodgy hip he couldn't shoot, pass, header?

Ah yes, I forgot, he done it all by himself as well.....Fuck Off.

He shoots like an old woman, headers like Steven Hawkins and can trap a ball further than i can pass it.

H E I S N O T G O O D E N O U G H F O R T H E P R E M I E R L E A G U E.................R E C O G N I S E

Without his goals at that crucial time, we'd never have been near 7th place, then again, Roeder would never have kept the job so we can blame Shola for that.

If someone like Kanu was at this club and received as little service as Shola got last night he'd be given the exact same treatment. Natural, instinctive-flair is dismissed as clumsiness in these parts.

If someone like Kanu was at this club and received as little service as Shola got last night he'd be given the exact same treatment. Natural, instinctive-flair is dismissed as clumsiness in these parts.

What a supid thing to say...

You must mean if Kanu had been at the club for over 6 years and never shown any type of consistent form or inteligence on the pitch and, as a 25 year old premierleague footballer, still continues to regularly be offside from set pieces, then you are right he would get the same treatment as Shola.

Highly speculative though I think. You're looking at it from the wrong angle. The hatred towards him is a consequence of what he does not the cause.

What a supid thing to say...

You must mean if Kanu had been at the club for over 6 years and never shown any type of consistent form or inteligence on the pitch and, as a 25 year old premierleague footballer, still continues to regularly be offside from set pieces, then you are right he would get the same treatment as Shola.

Highly speculative though I think. You're looking at it from the wrong angle. The hatred towards him is a consequence of what he does not the cause.

He's at the wind up now matt :icon_lol:

Shola was the whipping boy.....

And, as on countless other occasions in the past, with good fucking reason. Can't blame it on a dodgy hip these days either!

What exactly did he do wrong apart from the 2 offsides eh? What did he do wrong given the lack of service he and the other forwards received? I'll tell you what he did right, he won his fair share of headers, and held the ball up well for no-one to run onto because the midfield was shite.

As a striker, sometimes you only get one chance in a game in the Prem (if that). The question is, would you back Shola to finish it?

He's just....really bad. Thats about it really.

Allardyce says:

To beat that you have to score when your chances come. Our best two chances came early on for David Rozehnal and Shola Ameobi and they didn’t even hit the target.”

Says it all tbh

So you've never seen Shearer miss a half-chance Shola dragged just wide of the post from outside the box eh?

Leave it out already another moronic thing to say... it's about repetition and the amount of times you've seen players do that. For Shola scuffing shots and hitting them wide is the norm. Not so much for players like Owen, Shearer, Ronaldo etc... Doesnt mean they never do it. Can you comprehend that?

How many times do we have to go over it? Ameobi can't shoot, pass, header, tackle or make space for himself in this league, therefore he shouldn't even be at the club never mind getting his game. It's no coincidence that he bangs goals in when playing for the reserves, thats his level.

He's had more than his fair share of opportunity's and from what I've seen of young Carroll, and thats not much he's a far better player.

Fuck Off Shola!

Carroll had a stinker by all accounts for Preston tonight.

It makes me fucking sick.

To be fair to Ameobi, I saw the game last night, and he did more for me than Viduka has done so far in his general play. All I've seen Viduka do is score that spectacular goal against Boro (fantastic goal from a player who has it in him to do something like that out of nowhere). Ameobi was offside a couple of times last night, but Viduka has been offside way more this season and has given an awful lot more free-kicks away. Ameobi for me won more in the air than Viduka has done. Also he did hold the ball up well on a few occasions waiting for our far too defensive minded midfield to get forward.

He didn't have the best of games, but people are making out that he missed 3 open goals and gave the ball away all the time....The lad had one half chance and just missed the target.

Ameobi may not be the answer, but to bash him when for me he has contributed more than Viduka, is quite unfair.

to be fair to you, if u think shola did more than viduka has you are a myopic retard. Shola was a fucking disgrace. Viduka has actually won the hopeful ball and laid it off, Shola missed just about every single chance to do so. He was absolutely fucking PATHETIC.

I wish somebody would whip him. Might make him move a bit faster.

Doesn't seem any different to me now that he has a new hip.

Maybe if they had given one of his team mates a new whip instead of shola a new hip we might have seen some improvement

Seriously, the amount of shite I come across here is just too funny.

Bramble getting more abuse? I can't accept that. No one here ever repeated "F**k off Bramble" all the time and called him a load of very insulting remarks. And people stuck up for him also. Bramble occasionally having a good game and Shola constantly rubbish is yet more nonsense. Shola's had more good games than Bramble has in my view.

This whole singling out Ameobi because he's been rubbish for six years is pathetic also. That time period included him being young and developing and also injured for ages. He's done absolutely NOTHING recently worth all the abuse. How many times do I have to point out he's been out for ages, it's his first start, and his form before the operation was excellent? The whole team plays crap yesterday, but Shola gets the blame when really the rest of the team should be no less exempt from criticism, regardless of how long they've been here. If most of the team were rubbish yesterday, regardless of how good/bad you think Shola is, you shouldn't be surprised if he's also rubbish. Singling him out like that is just downright stupid.

Still can't understand how anyone can defend him... I'm just glad people defending him are in no way connected to the club, or we'd see Shola get a new and improved ten year deal no doubt... "He'll come good... he's bound to, I tell you!"

bigrolleyesiw8.gif

If being unable to, pass, head the ball, stay on side, stay on your feet, run, shoot, is acceptable as a Newcastle United footballer I expect to have my contract in the post tomorrow and a thread started by The Inspiration drooling over my footballing skills by the afternoon.

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

Edited by bassplayerjj

yeah so winning a fair share of headers yesterday, setting up Owen with a wonderfully weighted through ball the game before and scoring almost 1 in 2 from christmas until the end of the 05/06 season after which he had a hip operation means he's unable to pass, head, stay on side, stay on feet, run and shoot.

It's far too easy to say shit like that Shola, and whenever he does have a decent game there is far too little recognition. Most of us are a fickle and unreasonable bunch.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

If being unable to, pass, head the ball, stay on side, stay on your feet, run, shoot, is acceptable as a Newcastle United footballer I expect to have my contract in the post tomorrow and a thread started by The Inspiration drooling over my footballing skills by the afternoon.

Slight error there. I'm afraid I don't see myself being a big fan of yours, and neither am I a big fan of Shola, and neither do I drool over his skills (might want to read my posts as you seem a bit mistaken). I'm merely defending a player who gets ridiculous amounts of abuse. By all means he should be criticised, but the way people react to him is as if he's done something horrific. I assume he's responsible for world poverty also?

He's not even picking himself anyway - we all know he shouldn't have played yesterday, but why not take that out on the manager?

It may however please you to know I won't jump to saying I despise you, call you a brainless idiot and tell you to f**k off, but to say I'll drool over your footballing genius is probably a bit too far methinks.

If you can accept performances like Ameobi demonstrated last night then you have no ambition or expectation for this club to be anything other than lower table mediocrity.

I don't accept his performance last night - nor do I accept the performance of most of the other players. I take it you do?