"Don't tase me bro!"

Gemmill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is sickening.

Ok the guy is a bit nuts, but that is EXACTLY what tasers will be used to do in the UK under their new rules.

NOT to stop violence in a situation where a gun might otherwise be used (i.e. to avoid lethal force in a situation that doesn't really merit it - as they were originally brought in for), but rather to ENFORCE behaviour (much let CS spray moved from self defence to enforcement of behaviour).

What they basically do to that guy with the taser is pretty much TORTURE (and yes tasers are classed as devices of torture by the UN - in fact you couldn't be deported from the UK to a country that is alleged to use taser torture, highly ironic), but expect to see such things used against demonstrators (and probably people just arguing a parking ticket) in the UK sooner rather than later. :icon_lol:

In fact we've probably had our first (indirect) taser death in the UK already, in the USA taser deaths are numbering in the 1000's now.

Hooray for freedom. :icon_lol:

As much as that guy was a bit of a nob who couldn't string a cohesive sentence together that is terrible.

Same kind of thing is happening in the UK.

We aren't allowed to protest a for over a square mile around Parliament FFS....

That is sickening.

:icon_lol:

You have read the new "rules" regarding tasers deployment to UK police forces haven't you?

Aye I thought NOT. :icon_lol:

It isn't a "conspiracy" that they'll be able to taser you for pretty much anything they like (as they can in the USA and much like CS spray is now used here - originally tasers we ONLY to be used by trained FIREARM officers in situation where convention guns were thought to be overkill) and tasers are to be handed out with only a couple of hours point and shoot "training" (not the massive training and regular testing firearms officers currently go though).

That's what we call "policy" here, not conspiracy.

I tell you what I really hate, it's those traffic lights with a "push" button for pedestrians that has absolutely no effect. They know it does nothing, we know it does nothing, but still we push it every time. It's a giant Pavlovian complot!

Bit much, in all honesty, but I can't have been the only one hoping for a spot of pistol-whipping by the end of that video.

Also, this left me feeling even less sympathy for him:

Details emerged of Mr Meyer's online writings and videos, raising the question of whether his harangue was genuine or a stunt. His web videos include one of him standing in a street with a sign that says "Harry Dies" after the latest Harry Potter book was released. In another, he acts like a drunk in a bar while trying to pick up a man dressed in drag.

Sounds GREAT.

It isn't a "conspiracy" that they'll be able to taser you for pretty much anything they like (as they can in the USA and much like CS spray is now used here - originally tasers we ONLY to be used by trained FIREARM officers in situation where convention guns were thought to be overkill) and tasers are to be handed out with only a couple of hours point and shoot "training" (not the massive training and regular testing firearms officers currently go though).

Sorry mate, but my dad was a copper when he was a lad and I've two mates who are coppers now and they're not the belligerent malevolent force you seem to be suggesting. The Police force as an entity is despised and held in contempt by so many people with no legitimate reasoning. Often it's people who haven't the bottle or sense of social responsibility (however misguided)to actually put up with the inordinate amount of bullshit from people who are quick to point the finger but slow to congratulate their unpublicised good works. I'm not saying every policeman is a Samaritan, just that they're not the devil.

I get that police carrying weapons is a scary thought because there will be a few who haven't the restraint that a weapon should require, but I'd rather they carried nonlethal weapons to subdue criminals than we go the American route and have ordinary bobbies walking around with hand cannons.

I'm know that maybe I'm over-protective of the police force, but it's because all I hear is a tirade of abuse towards them, then when the human inside the uniform makes a mistake that abuse is seen to be warranted. They do some really shitty jobs, they do it for an average salary and all the while they're hated sometimes with a venom that should be reserved for politicians, mimes and the criminals they're meant to be policing.

oh add to that, at the moment they're being held responsible for the parenting of teenagers who's parents are too stupid, lazy or thoughtless to do it themselves.

Im all for a harsher police force in this country but that was a joke. I was hoping the crowd would wade in to stop it tbh. With 6 police there, no weapons involved and no actual violence on his part, I cant see any justification for doing that.

If he'd have been black they'd have just called in a swat team and shot him.

Kerry the clown he should have stopped it....

the police had him pinned to the floor (admittedly he was struggling) and he was in handcuffs. To be tasered by a copper stood above him was bang out of line.

Would it have been acceptable for the old bill to have tasered the bloke who was resisting being thrown out of the SJH stand at the Juventus friendly?? That was funny! :huh:

I'd love to taze a student with a cone on his head in this country. "Wupert! Wupert! Look at me! I've got a cone on my RARRGHH...*bzzzzzz*..HYACHACHA.....*bzzzzz*...SQWUNZZZZ...*bzzzzzzz*............

.W-w-wupert.........what happened Wupert?" :huh:

So did the bloke who wouldn't leave SJP back in July ;)

Oh aye, I remember now. He fucking gobbed in the copper's face an'all. Definite candidate for tazing.

Aye...

Did fucking well to stay in there as long as he did to be fair to him! :huh:

Sorry mate, but my dad was a copper when he was a lad and I've two mates who are coppers now and they're not the belligerent malevolent force you seem to be suggesting.

No police are just average arseholes (although the job itself does seem to attract genuine arseholes or make them worse to be fair)........... how many average arseholes do you think would behave well if given a taser and more or less free use?

Aye exactly.

The Police force as an entity is despised and held in contempt by so many people with no legitimate reasoning. Often it's people who haven't the bottle or sense of social responsibility (however misguided)to actually put up with the inordinate amount of bullshit from people who are quick to point the finger but slow to congratulate their unpublicised good works. I'm not saying every policeman is a Samaritan, just that they're not the devil.

Again they are just average arseholes (very, very average these days with the state of recruitment).

I get that police carrying weapons is a scary thought because there will be a few who haven't the restraint that a weapon should require, but I'd rather they carried nonlethal weapons to subdue criminals than we go the American route and have ordinary bobbies walking around with hand cannons.

Which is frankly the way we are going.

Did you MISS (again) that tasers were originally brought in to be only used by TRAINED FIRE ARMS OFFICERS (who are only used in specific circumstances and have specific, extensive and continuous training) but now are going to be handed out to pretty much everyone with less that ONE DAYS "training".

Have you seen how Community Warden powers have escalated?

We're now at the same place as USA police where you can and will be tasered (again suspicion of taser torture means you CANNOT be deported to that country from the UK yet we're "legally" bringing it in) for pretty much anything.

It will however make the job of removing passive protesters much more efficient I agree. <_<

I'm know that maybe I'm over-protective of the police force, but it's because all I hear is a tirade of abuse towards them, then when the human inside the uniform makes a mistake that abuse is seen to be warranted. They do some really shitty jobs, they do it for an average salary and all the while they're hated sometimes with a venom that should be reserved for politicians, mimes and the criminals they're meant to be policing.

Hehe, their job isn't that shitty, and their salary is certainly far from shitty (although maybe in comparison to your trust fund? Who knows? ;)).

oh add to that, at the moment they're being held responsible for the parenting of teenagers who's parents are too stupid, lazy or thoughtless to do it themselves.

Now that is a shitty job that pays really shitty wages. :huh:

And although you've gone off on a complete tangent, you've still NOT explained how anything I said before was "conspiracy" as opposed to 100% FACT. <_<