James Blunt

Guest James_coDurham

You mean Prince who had to give away his latest release because it wouldn't sell one copy?

Good argument.

Have you calmed down now? Think. What would James do?

He wouldn't lose no sleep on this. Cos he's got a plan.

Seeing as you have no come back for it i guess it really wasn't a good argument.

Did you want to play "who's sold more records" then? Think long and hard before you answer.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest James_coDurham
You mean Prince who had to give away his latest release because it wouldn't sell one copy?

Good argument.

Seeing as you have no come back for it i guess it really wasn't a good argument.

Did you want to play "who's sold more records" then? Think long and hard before you answer.

Pathetic comeback in this era of digital downloading in all honesty.

Good argument.

Pathetic comeback in this era of digital downloading in all honesty.

:huh:

First Album was a CLASSIC

:huh:;)<_<

Leave. Leave and never come back.

Speaks the prince fan.

You say that as if there's even a comparison to be made. <_<

I've seen Prince live, and I'm a fan of his guitar playing and his musical talent. Wouldn't call myself a Prince fan really though.

Although I would GLADLY call myself a Prince fan if the alternative was saying I'm a James Blunt fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing <_<

One's been around for over 20 years and still has sell out concerts around the world. The other is the latest 5 miinute wonder who's released an album that did OK. He's the latest 'David Gray' tbh

Guest James_coDurham

Speaks the prince fan.

I've seen Prince live, and I'm a fan of his guitar playing and his musical talent. Wouldn't call myself a Prince fan really though.

Although I would GLADLY call myself a Prince fan if the alternative was saying I'm a James Blunt fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing <_<

One's been around for over 20 years and still has sell out concerts around the world. The other is the latest 5 miinute wonder who's released an album that did OK. He's the latest 'David Gray' tbh

So you've heard the new album then?

Speaks the prince fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing :lol:

Nope....

He's still a 5 minute wonder who released an album that did OK. That is unless you have a delorean and can tell me how the new one has done? <_<

A lass at work recommended me his first album when it came out, even knocked me up a copy. Gave it a listen at work the same day she gave it to me and politely sent her an e-mail asking her to never reccomend music to me ever again.

Blunt himself is a pure cock as well, he moved to America as soon as he faced the backlash here, no wonder like the yanks love their wet blanket pop music.

The only thing I'll give him credit for is boning Petra Nemcova, a fine piece of ass.

Time for a comparison....

as a musician, i can apreciate prince for his level of talent and creating some of the technically best albums i've ever heard. the production on a couple of his records is actually very special.

as a musician i can apreciate james blunt has about as much talent as stephen hawkings has at swimming, note thats without the optional outboard and inflatable raft on his wheelchair.

james blunt is an anodyne talent free wanker thats shagged a couple of half decent bits of totty. thats it for me.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing ;)

He's not even the most talented acoustical singer/songwriter in his oh so tight jumper, let alone "of recent times", Blunt is not the worst singer/songwriter to pick up a microphone... but he's nowhere near to being close to the most talented.

If you are a fan of acoustical singer/songwriters... instead of Blunt try; Jeff Buckley, Newton Faulkner, Scott Matthews, Joe Purdy, Ray Lamontagne, Joshua Radin.. off the top of my head.

By the way, Prince's level of success didn't come along by chance, I dare to get his back catalogue and not appreciate the mans ability, even if you dislike the music.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing ;)

He's not even the most talented acoustical singer/songwriter in his oh so tight jumper, let alone "of recent times", Blunt is not the worst singer/songwriter to pick up a microphone... but he's nowhere near to being close to the most talented.

If you are a fan of acoustical singer/songwriters... instead of Blunt try; Jeff Buckley, Newton Faulkner, Scott Matthews, Joe Purdy, Ray Lamontagne, Joshua Radin.. off the top of my head.

By the way, Prince's level of success didn't come along by chance, I dare to get his back catalogue and not appreciate the mans ability, even if you dislike the music.

Wise words

Fuck me, the class of argument has gone reet doonhill here these days.

Prince v Blunt? Theres just no comparison, as has been said many times already Princes back catalogue reads like a history of music while Blunts consists of 1 album. Prince has been influential on many other artists while Blunt has done nowt (he even felt the need to add in the F word on the album version to try and give himself a rebellious streak).

As for shagging, Princey boy has had his fair share of the laydees, Madonna, Sheila E, Carmen Electra, Kim Basinger, Kirsty Allie, Susanna Hoffs to name but a few whereas Blunt nobbed a puddytat doll and never shuts up about it.

However Fish I have to disagree on the Newton Faulkner bit, now that is one shite album. If we're going for the acoustic types then Jack Johnson is the only one that cracks it tbh

Speaks the prince fan.

One's a freak show who's name is a symbol and one is one of the most talented acoustical singer/songwriters of recent times. Aye, I know which is the least embarrassing :lol:

Nope....

He's still a 5 minute wonder who released an album that did OK. That is unless you have a delorean and can tell me how the new one has done? <_<

At least a DeLorean's stainless steel body will last forever structurally, more than you can say for James blunts work!

Absolute tragedy what happened to buckley. :razz:

agreed, the world was robbed.

Yes and no, any person that is stoopid enough to go swimming in the Mississippi river and expects to survive really hasn't got the brains to continue on this earth (anyway everyone knows he's working at Elvis's fish and chip shop in Warrnambool, Victoria).

Fuck me, the class of argument has gone reet doonhill here these days.

Prince v Blunt? Theres just no comparison, as has been said many times already Princes back catalogue reads like a history of music while Blunts consists of 1 album. Prince has been influential on many other artists while Blunt has done nowt (he even felt the need to add in the F word on the album version to try and give himself a rebellious streak).

As for shagging, Princey boy has had his fair share of the laydees, Madonna, Sheila E, Carmen Electra, Kim Basinger, Kirsty Allie, Susanna Hoffs to name but a few whereas Blunt nobbed a puddytat doll and never shuts up about it.

However Fish I have to disagree on the Newton Faulkner bit, now that is one shite album. If we're going for the acoustic types then Jack Johnson is the only one that cracks it tbh

Woah thought you were trying to big Prince up!!

If we're going for the acoustic types then Jack Johnson is the only one that cracks it tbh

Totally agree... :huh:

Totally disagree, he's just a surfing James Bl©unt!

Without going all Patrokles on ya'ass get out there and listen to something that hasn't had the life ripped out of it by a major label A&R wanker!