Applying for a new job....

Guest James_coDurham

Guest James_coDurham

I'm sick as fuck of my job and want to move on. Not sure who to put down as a reference from my current job. If I ask them about it tonight, they'll be onto me and know I'm wanting out. They can't sack you for wanting out can they? I'm just a young pup, don't know about these things :huh:

No employer will ask for references until you've been offered your new job and accepted. So don't say anything at work about the fact that you're looking, then when you hand your notice in, you ask your boss if you can put him down as a reference.

Last couple of application forms I've filled in have asked for the references on the form. :huh:

Then put someone down - your boss - without asking, but mention on a covering letter that you don't want them to ask for references yet as your current employer doesn't know you're looking.

No employer will ask for references until you've been offered your new job and accepted. So don't say anything at work about the fact that you're looking, then when you hand your notice in, you ask your boss if you can put him down as a reference.

If I did any of the above I'd get lynched! Every job I apply for, I'm obliged to inform my boss of. It's just seen as the correct protocol to tell my boss that I've applied for another job.

References are always asked for before you even get a interview....but I'm sure this isn't always the case, depending on the job you're going for.

Guest James_coDurham

I pulled a sicky last night, as kind of protest at how shit i'm being treated at the minute at my current place. I also informed my team leader of my desire to leave when I find something else. I'm due in at 11 tonight, so we'll see how bad they want me to stay :huh:

Guest Patrokles
I pulled a sicky last night, as kind of protest at how shit i'm being treated at the minute at my current place. I also informed my team leader of my desire to leave when I find something else. I'm due in at 11 tonight, so we'll see how bad they want me to stay :huh:

McDonalds are cunts, right?

Guest James_coDurham

Original. Saying that, half of the Mcdonalds staff can most likely sing better than you Ben, so they're above you tbh.

Guest Patrokles

Original. Saying that, half of the Mcdonalds staff can most likely sing better than you Ben, so they're above you tbh.

Where do you work at the moment?

Edited by Patrokles

Guest James_coDurham

Important because...? Nowhere that serves food that's for sure.

Guest Patrokles

Important because...? Nowhere that serves food that's for sure.

So evasive!

Guest James_coDurham

I'll give you a clue. We have an enviable track record in the automotive sector going back over 50 years and are a dynamic, innovative and competitive world class designer, developer and manufacturer of chassis structural and suspension products to top marques such as BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Jaguar, Land-Rover, Nissan and VW Group.

Guest Patrokles
I'll give you a clue. We have an enviable track record in the automotive sector going back over 50 years and are a dynamic, innovative and competitive world class designer, developer and manufacturer of chassis structural and suspension products to top marques such as BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Jaguar, Land-Rover, Nissan and VW Group.

You're a grease-monkey? Assembly line? You answer to a team leader (lowest of the low in terms of management), so you can't be anyone important.

Edited by Patrokles

Guest James_coDurham

You're a grease-monkey? Assembly line? You answer to a team leader (lowest of the low in terms of management), so you can't be anyone important.

I'm part of quality personnel for what it's worth. It's comfortable, unlike some wannabe big shot who, well, sucks. By the way I'm referring to you, your music fucking sucks dude.

You shouldnt really have taken that from your website. A simple google will reveal all..... :huh:

I'm part of quality personnel for what it's worth. It's comfortable, unlike some wannabe big shot who, well, sucks. By the way I'm referring to you, your music fucking sucks dude.

Bet you work in the Chennai plant anarl?

Quality personnel? If that's anything like the automotive manufacturers that I produce work for, they are usually the species that are one step up from Simia primates, who check to make sure the weld/finish/body fit and gap are acceptable enough that the average punter won't whine to much.

You'd be better off at mcdonalds, at least you'd have to learn some "people" skills.

Edited by sammynb

You'll go far kid. All the way to the dole office with that attitude.

Guest James_coDurham

Bet you work in the Chennai plant anarl?

Quality personnel? If that's anything like the automotive manufacturers that I produce work for, they are usually the species that are one step up from Simia primates, who check to make sure the weld/finish/body fit and gap are acceptable enough that the average punter won't whine to much.

You'd be better off at mcdonalds, at least you'd have to learn some "people" skills.

I think you're referring to the audit staff. Quality is a whole different department cockrot.

Edited by James_coDurham

Guest James_coDurham

You shouldnt really have taken that from your website. A simple google will reveal all..... :huh:

Your point? The company employs thousands, and I give a shit about revealing who they are? Erm no, I actually pasted it assuming that you would google it, pussydrip!

Edited by James_coDurham

Guest James_coDurham
I pulled a sicky last night, as kind of protest at how shit i'm being treated at the minute at my current place. I also informed my team leader of my desire to leave when I find something else. I'm due in at 11 tonight, so we'll see how bad they want me to stay ;)

Who are you like the fucking MD? Fuck off :huh:

I pulled a sicky last night, as kind of protest at how shit i'm being treated at the minute at my current place. I also informed my team leader of my desire to leave when I find something else. I'm due in at 11 tonight, so we'll see how bad they want me to stay ;)

Good point. I'd lead with that in the next interview...

Guest James_coDurham
I pulled a sicky last night, as kind of protest at how shit i'm being treated at the minute at my current place. I also informed my team leader of my desire to leave when I find something else. I'm due in at 11 tonight, so we'll see how bad they want me to stay <_<

Good point. I'd lead with that in the next interview...

I don't usually need to make a good impression on interviews, my CV has usually already made their mind up ;)