Mourihno Leaves Chelsea

Tom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked. I think it's clear that this has been building for a long time, Jose didn't seem to be happy about the board room interference with his set up so walked I reckon. Pity as he was the only thing I liked about Chelsea, now I can fully dislike them.

With all this, I can't help but think back to 97 and when Keegan quit. There's certainly some similarities.

Apart from us winning every worthwhile domestic trophy in three years and getting to two champs league semi-finals before the sudden exit from the hot seat =)

Edited by bassplayerjj

So where do people think he will end up?

What jobs are open? (and high profile enough)

Who might pay enough to interest him?

Who might he fancy building with?

Portugal? One of the Italian clubs? Barca?

I'm actually going to suggest the USA even though I think it's extremely unlikely. The only thing that got me thinking was that the USSF announced that they were looking to appoint a sort of "Director of Football" position for the national team program. They've certainly got the money, and the anonymity he might want after the whole English tabloid treatment....

With all this, I can't help but think back to 97 and when Keegan quit. There's certainly some similarities.

Apart from us winning every worthwhile domestic trophy in three years and getting to two champs league semi-finals before the sudden exit from the hot seat =)

aye :huh:

So where do people think he will end up?

What jobs are open? (and high profile enough)

Who might pay enough to interest him?

Who might he fancy building with?

Portugal? One of the Italian clubs? Barca?

I'm actually going to suggest the USA even though I think it's extremely unlikely. The only thing that got me thinking was that the USSF announced that they were looking to appoint a sort of "Director of Football" position for the national team program. They've certainly got the money, and the anonymity he might want after the whole English tabloid treatment....

The US nee chance.

The last thing I can see Mourinho doing is suffering the politics and limitations of a national team.

He'll sit out and wait for the inevitable position at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or another high profile club to become available.

Either that or Laura's already tapped him up and if Sam doesn't sort himself out soon he'll be toon manager by Christmas :huh:

I think Abramovich has underestimated the Mourinho factor in Chelsea's success, and he'll regret sticking his nose in when the new boss is nowhere near as capable of winning trophies as Mourinho was. Good stuff though, hopefully it'll return Chelsea to the also-rans they always were.

SWP and Ballack in Janaury please.....

Think they are going to miss him as well like, and 3 days before playing Man U? You would have thought he was scared of losing his home record...

Shot themselvs in the foot there I think, All the players loved Jose, His home record is nothing short of amazing, 2 premierships in three years and champions league semis. Mourihno is up there with Fergie & Wenger as one of the top managers in the world. Hope chelski fall apart now

Grant set to take over at Chelsea

Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.

The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

More to follow.

from bbc.

:huh:

be interesting to see the fallout, I think Abramovic is foolish to let Mourinho go, blatantly the reason the team changed from top 5 to top 2. Terry, Lampard etc all stated their love of their boss, so it'll be interesting to see who stays.

Lampard to Barce maybe?

Fuck me what is Roman thinking?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7004083.stm

Grant set to take over at Chelsea

Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.

The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

Grant will be named as the new manager at Stamford Bridge later today, BBC Sport's Garry Richardson has revealed.

The 51-year-old, who is a close friend of Roman Abramovich, arrived at Chelsea in the summer and was told by Mourinho not to interfere in team affairs.

Grant, who up until now has held a place on the Chelsea board, arrived at Stamford Bridge after a spell as technical director at Portsmouth.

Previously he guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006 and he has also coached Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...sea/7004083.stm

Published: 2007/09/20 06:50:20 GMT

© BBC MMVII

They've been trying to push him out for about a year now. Coupled with all the interfering from the 'Dutch camp' at Stamford Bridge, the uncalled for purchase of Schevchenko and the hiring of this new Israeli DOF (I'm guessing he's been in there tinkering as well)..Jose shows he takes no shit and walks.

Breath of fresh air when he first came here, had turned into a paranoid whinging prick by last season.

It's what happens when you earn £5m a year and have to guarantee success. That kind of environmemt wears everybody down.

They've been trying to push him out for about a year now. Coupled with all the interfering from the 'Dutch camp' at Stamford Bridge, the uncalled for purchase of Schevchenko and the hiring of this new Israeli DOF (I'm guessing he's been in there tinkering as well)..Jose shows he takes no shit and walks.

I think he's probably decided to jump before it was pushed.

Plus I think he's been a bit worried/sick anyway with Man U shoving them out of the way last season and not being as successful as he might have hoped in Europe.

In its own way Cheski is a posioned a chalice as Newcastle has been, and if you don't basically win EVERYTHING with that much money and those players you are always going to take criticism and be on a bit of a hiding to nothing.