Mourihno Leaves Chelsea

Tom

Breath of fresh air when he first came here, had turned into a paranoid whinging prick by last season.

It's what happens when you earn £5m a year and have to guarantee success. That kind of environmemt wears everybody down.

That's it, pretty much Premiership title and/or CL title every year is what was expected.

Although I think he is more than a bit of a whiner when things don't go his way, pressure or not.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avram Grant is going to be as welcome as Camilla at Diana's memorial

Former Chelsea player Pat Nevin

:huh:

Getting a bit like Tel aviv - Stamford Bridge. Avram, Pini Zhavi, Roman himself, the other advisor Tenenbaum...Roman seems happiest surrounded by people of similar culture it seems. I really think him and Kenyon have been getting too involved for a year or so.

Edited by Parky

Gutted he's gone, I did like him as a manager and was quite a funny guy.

Well done Roman, youre about to ruin the EPL with your style mate, but glad Jose didnt stand for your shit.

Jose & Lampard = Barca bound IMO.

Jose is hated in Barca now after his performance when he played them.

Gutted he's gone, I did like him as a manager and was quite a funny guy.

Well done Roman, youre about to ruin the EPL with your style mate, but glad Jose didnt stand for your shit.

Jose & Lampard = Barca bound IMO.

Jose is hated in Barca now after his performance when he played them.

Football is a funny thing

He's on his way to manage Portugal - FACT

Would be gutted if he did as I'm begining to really despise the Portugese national side.

Always loved Jose. Would have him here in a flash. I think he could get the best out of Ameobi lol. :huh:

From the Guardian..On Avram..

"He's certainly highly intelligent, knows the right people and is very media friendly," said one source. "He only met Roman Abramovich in June 2005 when Israel played Ireland, yet he immediately set about cultivating him, becoming his friend and confident. Grant's friendship with Pini Zahavi, who works closely with Abramovich, certainly has done him no harm."

How many intrigues is this Zhavi behind? The mind boggles.

Thu, 20th Sep 2007

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Avram Grant and Steve Clarke will be in charge of the first team from today (Thursday).

The club is delighted that in Avram we have an experienced man who can come in immediately at this difficult time to help deliver our objectives.

In Steve we have a Chelsea man and he will be a crucial part of the management team going forward.

Avram and Steve have our full confidence and support.

Looks full time :huh:

Thu, 20th Sep 2007

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Avram Grant and Steve Clarke will be in charge of the first team from today (Thursday).

The club is delighted that in Avram we have an experienced man who can come in immediately at this difficult time to help deliver our objectives.

In Steve we have a Chelsea man and he will be a crucial part of the management team going forward.

Sounds part time to me ;)

Thu, 20th Sep 2007

Till summer 2008 would be a reasonable bet.

Thu, 20th Sep 2007

Till summer 2008 would be a reasonable bet.

Yup like the BBC article says, should be some managers going spare after euro 2008....

Edited by khay

Got to love it, this is getting to fat Freddy proportions!

Where's Roeder when you need him?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7007930.stm

Doubts raised over Grant's future

Avram Grant's long-term future as Jose Mourinho's successor at Chelsea could be in doubt because he lacks the required coaching licence.

Uefa and Premier League rules require anyone wishing to manage in the top flight to hold the Uefa pro licence.

But Chelsea have confirmed that Grant does not have one, and he now requires special dispensation to manage the club for more than 12 weeks.

The pro licence requires 240 hours of study and usually takes a year to gain.

In the past the Premier League has granted extensions beyond the 12-week period of grace in a couple of exceptional cases.

Glenn Roeder received an extension on health grounds while Gareth Southgate was deemed to have had restricted opportunities to gain a licence because of his international career.

Martin O'Neill was also granted an exemption after undergoing a five-day refresher course.

Grant has not held a manager's position for five years but won league titles when coaching in Israel.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...sea/7007930.stm

Published: 2007/09/22 07:17:58 GMT

© BBC MMVII

I'm interested to see what Jose ends up doing, can't be many jobs out there that are equal or better than Chelsea. I wonder how he will spin a step down to say, Lyon, for purely an example, that will be a press conference not to be missed.

I'm interested to see what Jose ends up doing, can't be many jobs out there that are equal or better than Chelsea. I wonder how he will spin a step down to say, Lyon, for purely an example, that will be a press conference not to be missed.

He said he wants to try a new language, German and Italian at the top of his list. He can already speak Spanish, French, English and Portugese. Not a bad set of languages them.