Tescos Jersey

Toonraider

Have any of you bought DVDs from Tescos, Jersey online? There's a few I want that are cheaper there as there's no VAT, but I'm worried about having to pay customs :( Or have I got that all wrong?

I think Amazon lives there too (or did), they could be closing that loop hole though, but at the moment it's still fine.

Amazon Jersey is different from Amazon UK (although Amazon Jersey prices are sometimes listed on Amazon - or they were at least). You have to pay VAT on normal Amazon UK purchases.

Amazon Jersey is different from Amazon UK (although Amazon Jersey prices are sometimes listed on Amazon - or they were at least). You have to pay VAT on normal Amazon UK purchases.

I may have been thinking of another of the online retailers (Play etc.) or even pre-2003-2004ish, not sure.

I just remember it coming up in the issue about closing down internet VAT avoidance (a few years ago it was easy to avoid a lot of tax with Internet Credit Card purchases until that whole tax on country of origin agreement, but since then they've been intent on closing down loopholes closer to "home" as well).

I may have been thinking of another of the online retailers (Play etc.) or even pre-2003-2004ish, not sure.

I just remember it coming up in the issue about closing down internet VAT avoidance (a few years ago it was easy to avoid a lot of tax with Internet Credit Card purchases until that whole tax on country of origin agreement, but since then they've been intent on closing down loopholes closer to "home" as well).

Yeah, I think you got it wrong too.

Yeah, I think you got it wrong too.

Heh you've got to win one eventually when you spend as much time trying to as you do. :P

(especially when I said I was unsure in the first place - good one to pick to "win" though I agree :()

they have wild hogs for a tenner!!

Dont do it !!!!!

On NOOOO, is it that bad? :(

I thought it was a bit shit but you are a women so you never know :P

*runs*

:nufc:

ps.

It was hubby who wanted it!!

Edited by Toonraider