Fao Daves

The Fish

Dave

'Dave' channel targets young men

Dave

Executives want the channel to have a "noisy personality"

TV channel UKTV G2, which shows cult comedy and game shows aimed at young men, is to be rebranded Dave.

UKTV says the new name is based on the idea that "everyone knows a bloke called Dave".

The channel, which carries shows like Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Top Gear, will be available on Freeview for the first time when it launches in October.

The move will mean Dave can be watched in 20 million homes across the country, according to UKTV.

The head of Dave, Steven North, said: "Changing the channel name to Dave enables us to create a strong and noisy personality for the channel that immediately aligns us with our core 16-34 male audience."

UKTV is a joint venture between the BBC's commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, and cable TV provider Virgin Media.

Dave, which starts up on 15 October, will replace UKTV Bright Ideas on Freeview.

:huh:

have you got a channel named after you? I think not, this honour is reserved for me and the bird off Neighbours

Edited by The Fish

The only Dave I properly knew was a boring twat, never took the lead as far as doing anything, when he eventually found a bird (fucknows how, she was a bunny boiler though) he became an even more boring twat. Fucknows what he's doing now, and frankly, who gives a fuck? All Dave's are twats.

I can assure you we Daves are multifarious in our appearances, interests experiences and abilities.

for every Dave Schwimmer, there's a Dave Ginola, a Dave Watson, Dave Grohl, Dave (of David and Goliath fame)

oh and pud?... shuttit werepig :(

The only Dave I properly knew was a boring twat, never took the lead as far as doing anything, when he eventually found a bird (fucknows how, she was a bunny boiler though) he became an even more boring twat. Fucknows what he's doing now, and frankly, who gives a fuck? All Dave's are twats.

Fuck me did you all grow up in the same street? :(

Fuck me did you all grow up in the same street? :(

[ insert something witty and cutting about you being freakishly tall and looking like a werepig here]

:P

I can assure you we Daves are multifarious in our appearances, interests experiences and abilities.

for every Dave Schwimmer, there's a Dave Ginola, a Dave Watson, Dave Grohl, Dave (of David and Goliath fame)

oh and pud?... shuttit werepig :razz:

Dave Ginola. :icon_lol:

Can he really be classed as a Dave?!

More of a davv-id!