Bluetongue outbreak hits Britain

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I heard on the news today that some fields which were to be left fallow are being planted with wheat to stave of a shortage of grain.

What happened to the grain mountain, have the mice eaten it all?

Etheopia finally finished it.

We'll be drinking etheopian's breast milk before we know it

I heard on the news today that some fields which were to be left fallow are being planted with wheat to stave of a shortage of grain.

What happened to the grain mountain, have the mice eaten it all?

Etheopia finally finished it.

We'll be drinking etheopian's breast milk before we know it

Bastard Ethiopians, coming over here, taking our breasts' jobs

not really - we get most of our food from overseas - cheaper that way

most politicians have links to farmers that's all -

I'd be interested in the stats to back that up and I'd guess a huge amount of food consumed in the UK is also produced here. Not to mention that most of the land in the UK is managed by farmers either. Plus the long-term need to produce more food locally for the good of the environment. And the idea the Labour Government is pro-farmers in any way is ludicrous. Fairly standard 'I'm alright Jack' stance from you though.

Edited by alex

There are less farmers in the UK than Indian restaurant staff

There are several books out there about the links between politicians, the upper reaches of the Civil Service, the CofE etc and farming - which is one of the resaons there is no central list of who owns what land-wise in the UK

and think of all those disasters they bring us - BSE, veal calves, foot and mouth, MR meat...................

And that makes them less important does it? :icon_lol:

There are several books out there about the links between politicians, the upper reaches of the Civil Service, the CofE etc and farming - which is one of the resaons there is no central list of who owns what land-wise in the UK

And you've read them all I take it? Seriously doubt their are many in the current Labour government with strong farming links. They treat farmers, along with the rest of the countryside, like shite.

and think of all those disasters they bring us - BSE, veal calves, foot and mouth, MR meat...................

Probably not helped by supermarkets squeezing their margins so much. It's an inevitable price of years of the consumer demanding cheap food over quality food imo.

And that makes them less important does it? :friends:

And you've read them all I take it? Seriously doubt their are many in the current Labour government with strong farming links. They treat farmers, along with the rest of the countryside, like shite.

Probably not helped by supermarkets squeezing their margins so much. It's an inevitable price of years of the consumer demanding cheap food over quality food imo.

this place always has the capacity for surprise

I never really saw Alex as a Young Farmer................. :icon_lol::razz::blush: :blush:

And that makes them less important does it? :good:

this place always has the capacity for surprise

I never really saw Alex as a Young Farmer................. :icon_lol::razz::blush: :blush:

Few had you down as an air steward :friends: