Newcastle Utd vs West Ham Utd

Besty

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win, sends us up to 4th however fleetingly.

In other games, Villa winning 2-0 against Everton and Pompey have taken the lead against Rovers.

If those remain the same, we will be at least 6th come 6pm.

Hugely pleased with the result... some strong negatives do stand out though:

- Milner

- Owen, Martins has to start next (league) game, regardless of the "England man"'s condition.

- Midfield in general. Thought Butt did okay, that's not the point, again you can't zero creativity from all 4 of them.

But loads more positives it has to be said :huh:

Viduka and Zog especially. Class acts today.

what a mint game, was nice to watch, some good football was played and martins is looking sharp apart from the chance he missed. it looks like martins and ameobi will start on tuesday.

moving on..... that habib beye is looking good, some brilliant and strong challenges, harper was at no fault at all in this game, he played well.... viduka looking like he did in his leeds days and i cant wait until he gets fully fit.

so all in all i reckon we had a pretty strong performance, and i hope we can continue that on against arsenal and progress in the league cup.

Very good result and a good second half imho. First half became gradually horrible after the early goal. It was only a question of time for the West Ham goal to come. There was some decent passing stuff from Newcastle that earned them the majority of possession but 90% were back- or sidewards. There was a worrying lack of attacking mind then. But fair play to the Zog. He had some awful lapses of concentration in the first half but made up for it with his good assists. It was also notable to see the total difference he made to the team when he moved further up the field. I think him at left wing and Joey Barton in midfield will make a huge difference to the current team.

Glad to see Jose Enrique take to the field, that coupled with N'Zogbia's performance you would hope would be a great argument for changes to the midfield with N'Zogbia playing on the wing.

- Milner

- Owen, Martins has to start next (league) game, regardless of the "England man"'s condition.

- Midfield in general. Thought Butt did okay, that's not the point, again you can't zero creativity from all 4 of them.

But loads more positives it has to be said :huh:

HOw the HECK was MIl;ner a negative? I thought he won a few challenges, helped out at the back, and always provided width and is so tricky for any full back to deal with because he's comfortable crossing with both feet as he showed a few times today. I thought that the Midfield did very well in the second half, best midfield performance I have seen from us this year which still has a lot of room for improvement.

Positives for me were best performances in a toon shirt from Viduka, Smith, Geremi, N'Zogbia and a fantastic debut from Beye =) Looks really strong in the challenge and I didn't expect him to be as potent going forwards.

Viduka really shone for me, considering how disappointed I was with his overall play against Boro and Villa I thought he was terrific today. Won much more in the air, played a bit deeper at times getting involved in our build up play, took his first goal magnificently and was in the right place at the right time for his second.

Zog was fantastic, thought he was very solid defensively, even winning headers, and just showed how much better off we will be when he is playing at LM with Jose at left back as it gives us genuine pace, trickery, and most importantly goals from the wing =).

Agree with you as I suspect many will about MArtins. He has to start our next league game, get Owen 100% physically fit, even if he has to have an op, we don't want to be dealing with that when Martins is carted off to the African Nations. England can fuck off, they have more than enough cover now with Ashton looking on form, Defoe, Johnson, Bent. Owen's done his bit for England scoring 3 very important goals, we need him fit and healthy which he clearly isn't at the moment.

Viduka and Zog especially. Class acts today.

Agree. I forgot about Viduka. He demonstrated why he is classes ahead of Ameobi. Very good game. Not only his goals, but also the way he was always able to keep the ball and fend off opposition players was class.

- Milner

HOw the HECK was MIl;ner a negative? I thought he won a few challenges, helped out at the back, and always provided width and is so tricky for any full back to deal with because he's comfortable crossing with both feet as he showed a few times today.

A negative in the context of the game I thought. Yes you're right, he did provide width, but his decision making in crossing was off today, and he didn't really create anything attack wise. I just think he was in a sort of comfort zone and we need to get back over to that right side.

Anyway hardly in mood to be discussins anything negative after the win :huh:

For me the big plus point was a very solid performance from Beye, Viduka had a canny game and obviously got two goals but lazy MOTM award I felt. Sponsors see nothing but goals.

so who would you have given it to ???

For me the big plus point was a very solid performance from Beye, Viduka had a canny game and obviously got two goals but lazy MOTM award I felt. Sponsors see nothing but goals.

Zog.

Zog.

agreed for me but I was wonderin who Pud would have given it to ?

Missed all 4 goals so far the neet. Pretty terrible.

On the plus side, the Zog strikes again. Look who's provider - Martins. Look who didn't do FA - Owen.

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :(

Solid performance with for me, Butt, Zog and Viduka the top performers. Viduka showed what a quality performer he can be despite being fouled continually by their defenders and penalisedhismelf for no good reason. Zog has been on form all season and most goals look like they'll involve him in some way and that's playing at left back! Meanwhile Butt, especially first half was everywhere, winning the ball, covering for others and passing it about nicely.

Good debut from Beye i thought, solid and looks capable going forward. Also got an ar,/elbow in the face early in the first half as a defender blocked him off from chasing a ball going out for a goal kick and he just jumped straight back up and didn't bat an eyelid, so looks like he'll be able to mix it in the prem

And finally a word for Mike Reilly, the man is a fucking clown who shouldn't be anywhere near the top flight of refereeing. Whether it was continually ignoring his linesman (who was competent) when he was telling him he'd fucked up a decision, or letting their strikers/defenders continually foul when jumping for the ball, and bizarrely punishing our players for it, or stopping our attacks to do fuck all but allowing them to play on he was just a waste of fucking time. He also has zero authority as for both teams he'd count out ten yards, they'd barely move towards where he pointed, he'd ignore that and then they'd shuffle forward 1 or 2 yards and he'd ignore tha as well absolutely useless.

Missed all 4 goals so far the neet. Pretty terrible.

On the plus side, the Zog strikes again. Look who's provider - Martins. Look who didn't do FA - Owen.

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :(

Tainting a positive thread with your anti-Martins propaganda once again =/

Usually after 6 games we'd have 4 points max and be in the shit, so this is a great start by NUFC standards!

It makes the Derby game even more annoying as you look at it and think we could be sitting on 14 pts in second place and still have a game in hand on some of the teams around us!

But the good thing is we responded instantly to the Derby peformance by beating West Ham and just need to follow that up with a few more good performances.