Newcastle Utd vs West Ham Utd

Besty

Missed all 4 goals so far the neet. Pretty terrible.

On the plus side, the Zog strikes again. Look who's provider - Martins. Look who didn't do FA - Owen.

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :(

You're a moron, Gemmill, and maybe you should learn a thing or two about American football because God knows you don't know shit about the English version.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=16068

Owen needs surgery, he's limping off after 50 mins every game now, but he wants to delay it so he can play for England? When are you going to get it? THIS GUY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NUFC.

He must be dropped for the City game and I doubt there's anyone with a grain of sense who'll disagree with that. He isn't fit, he doesn't care, and he is not the right choice for this club any longer if he ever was!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side, the Zog strikes again. Look who's provider - Martins. Look who didn't do FA - Owen.

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :P

You're a moron, Gemmill, and maybe you should learn a thing or two about American football because God knows you don't know shit about the English version.

Owen needs surgery, he's limping off after 50 mins every game now, but he wants to delay it so he can play for England? When are you going to get it? THIS GUY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NUFC.

He must be dropped for the City game and I doubt there's anyone with a grain of sense who'll disagree with that. He isn't fit, he doesn't care, and he is not the right choice for this club any longer if he ever was!

Don't bite dude, you'll only encourage him :(

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :P

Tainting a positive thread with your anti-Martins propaganda once again =/

I haven't even mentioned his name. Other than that, yeah you've got me bang to rights.

:(

Great result for the Toon, Plenty of plus points. Viduka looked great and weighed in with a couple, Zoggy was different class, Butt was solid and committed, Cacapa , Rozey and Beye looked a decent unit along with Zoggy/Enrique, but Zoggy needs to be on the wing to get the best out of him IMO.

Harper is doing all that is asked of him and keeping Shay on the bench, fair play to BS for picking players on form and hope he sticks to it all over the pitch.

Geremi and Owen had off days, Milner was avarage and Smith did ok but I thought he looked more comfortable when he went up top

Oba`s miss was a nightmare but he showed his pace by getting into that position and I hope BS gives him a few chances or I fear we will loose him come Jan

Look forward to seeing Beye capaca Rozy Enrique all start at the back with Zoggy and Barton in midfield with Butt and Geremi offering protection plus Viduka with Owen/Oba up top.

That will be some team

:(:P:nufc:

The problem I have with you, you clueless tit, is that you think that a) Martins is a better player than Owen, and :( that Owen doesn't try when he plays.

He should be dropped because he's not fit at the minute. Not because he doesn't try or because Martins is better than him - both statements are bollocks, yet you persist with them.

Keep up with the "you don't know shit", "the whole nine yards" American bollocks speak though. It's entertaining.

As much as I like the mad little bastid, Owen is better than him. Owen's commitment may be questionable but his quality? Certainly not. People who want rid of him are just plain daft. He'll score goals but it's obvious he's not 100% fit.

Riley was a total disgrace, the sheer ignoring his linesman flagging away for a corner when he (as well as everyone else in the ground) could clearly see it came off their keeper was stupidity at its best. Then whatever the hell it was that happened when Milner broke clear I'll never know.

The problem I have with you, you clueless tit, is that you think that a) Martins is a better player than Owen, and :( that Owen doesn't try when he plays.

He should be dropped because he's not fit at the minute. Not because he doesn't try or because Martins is better than him - both statements are bollocks, yet you persist with them.

Keep up with the "you don't know shit", "the whole nine yards" American bollocks speak though. It's entertaining.

There's no point in discussing anything with you. Point A is hopeless. You have a plainly irrational hate for Martins. If Martins scores 50 this season you'll still say he's a know-nothing speedy retard with no first touch.

Point B equally so. The evidence is clear. Owen only wants to play for England and be some kind of big national hero. As for NUFC, we're paying the bills and THAT IS IT for him. If Man U comes along in January and says "here's 1.5x the already ridiculous rate the Toon is paying you" he'll be off like a flash. Hell, if Man City came along and offered that kind of money he'd go.

I have said a million times and it continues to be true: Owen doesn't play for this club, he makes cameo appearances. He's like the occasional celebrity appearances in TV shows, he comes on long enough to get the round of applause, has his thirty seconds on air, and then it's off to the "main event" again. The sooner we're rid of him, the better. I hope after he's done saving England's qualifying battle he goes under the knife and is out for the rest of the goddamn season, because it can only be good news for Newcastle United. Either that or he goes out now while Martins is fit and ready to play and comes back ready to actually put in the effort for us.

...but, it'll more likely be a long recovery that finally ends in March, at which point he comes back a savio(u)r, scores a few, is the talk of the Toon, and buggers off to Man U in June.

He doesn't care about this club. I wish the club would return the favo(u)r.

There's no point in discussing anything with you. Point A is hopeless. You have a plainly irrational hate for Martins. If Martins scores 50 this season you'll still say he's a know-nothing speedy retard with no first touch.

Point B equally so. The evidence is clear. Owen only wants to play for England and be some kind of big national hero. As for NUFC, we're paying the bills and THAT IS IT for him. If Man U comes along in January and says "here's 1.5x the already ridiculous rate the Toon is paying you" he'll be off like a flash. Hell, if Man City came along and offered that kind of money he'd go.

I have said a million times and it continues to be true: Owen doesn't play for this club, he makes cameo appearances. He's like the occasional celebrity appearances in TV shows, he comes on long enough to get the round of applause, has his thirty seconds on air, and then it's off to the "main event" again. The sooner we're rid of him, the better. I hope after he's done saving England's qualifying battle he goes under the knife and is out for the rest of the goddamn season, because it can only be good news for Newcastle United. Either that or he goes out now while Martins is fit and ready to play and comes back ready to actually put in the effort for us.

...but, it'll more likely be a long recovery that finally ends in March, at which point he comes back a savio(u)r, scores a few, is the talk of the Toon, and buggers off to Man U in June.

You have a point in the first paragraph. Shame you begin to talk utter shite after that.

You pick all that up from the odd televised game? Impressive. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about - anyone that can come out with "the sooner we're rid of him, the better" in reference to Michael Owen.....seriously, do you expect me to take anything you say about football seriously after reading that? And you have the fucking nerve to tell me that I don't have a clue about the game?! You're talking complete shite about a game you know nothing about mate. Either that or you have a hatred of Michael Owen every bit as irrational as you claim mine is for Martins.

Here's the 411, buddy. Owen is frickin AWESOME when he's in the zone. I'm gonna go the whole 9 yards here and say he's our MVP when he's fully fit. You're a goddamm horse's ass if you think otherwise.

Dean Ashton is a canny player. Wish we'd taken a chance on him when he was still at Norwich and Shearer was winding down. Carlton Cole on the other hand is garbage.

Thought Rozenthal struggled a little bit with the physical side against two big front men. I would have taken him off for Taylor at half time, taken Smith off and brought Enrique on and gone with:

Milner Geremi Butt N'Zogbia

--------Viduka Martins

but Sam knows better than me. Milner, The Zog and Smith instantly looked happier and more comfortable when he made his changes.

I'm presuming Owen is fucked now and needs an op. If that's the case, the sooner he has it the better. For us and England.

Stick to the NFL and leave the football talk to people who know what they're on about, k thanks. :nufc:

The problem I have with you, you clueless tit, is that you think that a) Martins is a better player than Owen, and :P that Owen doesn't try when he plays.

If Gemmill's dislike of Martins is irrational then I don't know what your drivel about Owen is... :(

Owen is clearly an infinitely more accomplished player than Martins, a blind man could see that.

Having said that, I think Martins - Smith is a good back-up pairing for Owen - Viduka. We're lucky to have a good quartet. And Shola :(

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

........... a savio(u)r,

............................. the favo(u)r.

Wots gannin on heor, some sod pointin' oot spellin' differences like?

Aa live across the pond as weel but aa've nivvor changed the way aa wus telt te spell in school.

Used to get angry with secretary or typist when they changed my spelling in business letters they would type for me. I insisted that if I wrote labour or harbour with a 'u' in a rough copy then that's the way I wanted it typed and would have them do it again.

To be fair to Gemmill, Martins was in textbook headless chicken mode when he came on for Owen, who looked reasonably sharp til he had to come off I thought.

As I've been in India for two months I have no idea why we're playing Harper instead of Given, who whilst reasonably solid nearly gave a goal away with a Bramble-esque clanger in the opening minute.

You pick all that up from the odd televised game? Impressive. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about - anyone that can come out with "the sooner we're rid of him, the better" in reference to Michael Owen.....seriously, do you expect me to take anything you say about football seriously after reading that? And you have the fucking nerve to tell me that I don't have a clue about the game?! You're talking complete shite about a game you know nothing about mate. Either that or you have a hatred of Michael Owen every bit as irrational as you claim mine is for Martins.

Here's the 411, buddy. Owen is frickin AWESOME when he's in the zone. I'm gonna go the whole 9 yards here and say he's our MVP when he's fully fit. You're a goddamm horse's ass if you think otherwise.

I pay to watch every NUFC game, so no matter what your views on my views are, I'll thank you not to question my support for the Toon. It's the last refuge of every would-be internet pundit - when in doubt, just accuse your opponent of being a plastic fan. So piss off, yeah? Just because I live in the States doesn't mean I can't be a real fan.

All I have left to say to someone as clearly deluded as you is this: wait and see how much Owen contributes to this club and how much Martins contributes to this club. This is just counting this year. I'm not counting last year, when Martins's goals saved us from relegation and Owen was - oh, what was it? - injured all season.

It's easy for you to say Owen is the MVP "when he's fully fit." But that hasn't happened in ages. Come to terms with reality - he's been knackered for almost all of his time on Tyneside and he's knackered again now, so divvent give me that load of cobblers, ye daft sod, Ah'm nae fool and Ah'm nae Texan either like, alreet?

p.s. nobody really says "horse's ass" over here any longer. the rest was good though, I admit.

I pay to watch every NUFC game, so no matter what your views on my views are, I'll thank you not to question my support for the Toon. It's the last refuge of every would-be internet pundit - when in doubt, just accuse your opponent of being a plastic fan. So piss off, yeah? Just because I live in the States doesn't mean I can't be a real fan.

All I have left to say to someone as clearly deluded as you is this: wait and see how much Owen contributes to this club and how much Martins contributes to this club. This is just counting this year. I'm not counting last year, when Martins's goals saved us from relegation and Owen was - oh, what was it? - injured all season.

It's easy for you to say Owen is the MVP "when he's fully fit." But that hasn't happened in ages. Come to terms with reality - he's been knackered for almost all of his time on Tyneside and he's knackered again now, so divvent give me that load of cobblers, ye daft sod, Ah'm nae fool and Ah'm nae Texan either like, alreet?

p.s. nobody really says "horse's ass" over here any longer. the rest was good though, I admit.

Do you appreciate the difference between "being injured" and "not trying/caring"? Strikes me that you don't.

Whenever Michael Owen is fit and on the pitch he gives his all. And his all is way better than Obafemi Martins'. As for who will contribute the most to the club, again, I'll ask if you appreciate that someone that's injured can't be expected to turn out for the first team. Martins will contribute more by default if Owen has to go under the knife. But that doesn't make him a better player or mean that he cares more about the club. Nor does it support your "the sooner the better" argument in reference to Owen leaving the club.

*insert a-hootin' and a'hollerin' here*