Today's Other Games

Besty

Blackburn 0-1 Portsmouth, 1500

Bolton 1-1 Tottenham, 1500

Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea, 1600

RESULTS:

Aston Villa 2-0 Everton, 1400

35 minutes into the Man Utd - Chelsea game and Mikel's just been sent off.

Ridiculous sending off, absolutely appauling. Butt's challenge that sparked the catfight today was far worse IMO. Also, 2 mins of added time doesn't mean 2 mins 36 seconds. Unite always get the fucking luck, always get a few extra seconds and the big decisions. Also, was never a pen vs Saha, diving scum. Rooney should have got a a second yellow also for the 'challenge' vs Cole. Would have been a yellow if he wasnt already booked, I hate it when refs do this. Cowards.

Edited by bassplayerjj

Ridiculous sending off, absolutely appauling. Butt's challenge that sparked the catfight today was far worse IMO. Also, 2 mins of added time doesn't mean 2 mins 36 seconds. Unite always get the fucking luck, always get a few extra seconds and the big decisions. Also, was never a pen vs Saha, diving scum. Rooney should have got a a second yellow also for the 'challenge' vs Cole. Would have been a yellow if he wasnt already booked, I hate it when refs do this. Cowards.

Cowards somes up prem refs pretty nicely, they all are and it ruins games. They bottle big decisions, they take easy options at all times, they shit themselves where the big 4 are concerned, they pander to them and when players of the big clubs are in their face shouting at them and surrounding them they do fuck all, when a few yellow cards each time woudl kill it within weeks no problem.

^ That's a pretty ridiculous and very stupid generalisation.

Refs in England are better than pretty much anywhere else in europe or the world. More often that not they let common sense rule.

If that's the case the i'll expect to see them standign up to these players and booking them for dissent, surroundign refs and screamign abuse at them then. I'll also expect to see blatant pens not ignored agains man u at OT and i'll expect them to struggle to get them sometimes. I'll expect refs to actually give pens for incidents like what happened to Rozenhal vs Derby instead of taking the easy option and ignoring it, but i won't hole my breath.

The myth that our refs are any good is a wonder, just because refs in other countries are shit as well. But its not just being shit people get annoyed by its their inconsistency, their favourng of big clubs and home teams and their gutless nature. They are shit so i'll say they are, when they're good i'll say they are. And as a matter of fact the linesman today was good, he saw things and stood his ground agaisnt that prick Reilly who continued to ignore him because he thinks he knows better.

Every single week if you watch your teams game, the live matches and MOTD you will see a string of ludcirous and scandelous decsions that have affetced/ruined games every sibgle week, its toally unacceptable and if anything just gets worse. Human error where you miss something is fine, nothing you can do about that, but the number of piss poor decisions when they've blatantly seen what happened and know fine well what the rules are is embarassing.

Look at the Derby game, from point blank range the ref allowed Rozenhal to be bear hugged and thrown to the ground twice with no penalty, the linesman gave Owen offside when he wasn't last man and was in his own fucking half and Smith should have walked for two yellows, thats about the only 3 real decisions they had to make and all were wrong, yet easy to see.

Refs in England are better than pretty much anywhere else in europe or the world. More often that not they let common sense rule.

I don't think it is simply about the quality of referees but rather the refereeing culture in the different leagues. Stick the likes of Riley or Dean into La Liga for a certain amount of time and you'll probably see a new record in bookings and sendings off...

I don't think it is simply about the quality of referees but rather the refereeing culture in the different leagues. Stick the likes of Riley or Dean into La Liga for a certain amount of time and you'll probably see a new record in bookings and sendings off...

Actually yes you're right, didn't word it the best way (because we sometimes see English or Brit refs struglle in international and european games). But that's what I meant about common sense being so prominent in England. The easiest comparison for me is with French football. Refs are simply terrible. Illogical and idiotic at times :(