Accident in the Leazes

Tom_NUFC

Did anyone see what happened with the lad in the Leazes just before half time?

There was a big thud, and all of us in the NE corner looked over and there was a bloke sprawled out in the aisle between the 1st and second tier of the Leazes - out cold for a couple of minutes until the Paramedics brought him round. They carted him off on a stretcher, but he was back out just as the second half was starting, so I asume he's OK. I'm just wondering if anyone saw how it happened?

One of my mates reckoned somebody had fallen down the stairs and that it took a fair while for stewards/st johns lot to react and do anything. But i saw him return and from the glimpse i got he had a a swollen eye and forehead area but seemed fine as he sat down.

One of my mates reckoned somebody had fallen down the stairs and that it took a fair while for stewards/st johns lot to react and do anything. But i saw him return and from the glimpse i got he had a a swollen eye and forehead area but seemed fine as he sat down.

It did take a while. There was a big thud, we all looked around, and he was just lying there in the aisle, with loads of people at the front of the second tier waving frantically, and a few people going over to him. It took a minute or two for the steward to spot the comotion, and even then he was stood looking, and then he realises and starts waving madly at the paramedics.

He tripped near the bottom of the stairs and the thud was his head cracking off the wall at the bottom. Normally there would have been a steward stood about 10 foot away but for some reason today there wasnt one. One lad had to run across to the East Stand to gain the attention of one of them then it took another couple of minutes for St Johns Ambulance to appear. In the meantime we scored our second but frankly everyone was too busy seeing if this bloke ok to care.

I was talking to the head steward at half time who reckons the SJA were actually away getting themselves a pie and cuppa thats why it took so long for anyone to get there.

Personally, I dont think he should have been allowed to stay, any kind of head trauma normally results in a trip to hospital to have it checked out properly...doesnt it??? If I could hear the thud from 50 yards away then it cant be nowt.

Personally, I dont think he should have been allowed to stay, any kind of head trauma normally results in a trip to hospital to have it checked out properly...doesnt it??? If I could hear the thud from 50 yards away then it cant be nowt.

Aye, that's what a few of us were saying when he came back. We couldn't understand why he hadn't gone to hospital.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Aye, that's what a few of us were saying when he came back. We couldn't understand why he hadn't gone to hospital.

Especially if he lost consciousness. Although you can't make someone go to hospital if they don't want to go.

Happened more or less in front of where I was sat. The lack of any stewards to be seen or found for a couple of minutes was a disgrace. He returned to his seat about 5 minutes into the second half but about 20 minutes later the paramedics and stewards came and got him and took him away again. Surely he should never have been allowed to return to his seat?? Absolute lunacy!

One of your mates eh Neil? :(

You still not learned your lesson from that day at the Trent? :P

Happened more or less in front of where I was sat. The lack of any stewards to be seen or found for a couple of minutes was a disgrace. He returned to his seat about 5 minutes into the second half but about 20 minutes later the paramedics and stewards came and got him and took him away again. Surely he should never have been allowed to return to his seat?? Absolute lunacy!

You must sit near me, i gave my dad my ticket today as i was playing football but he reckons he slipped while celebrating and cracked his head. Came back to his seat to a round of cheers from the crowd, and then did exactly the same again for our 3rd goal :(

edit - i just seen puds version of events so either you or my dad is lying!

Edited by J69

You must sit near me, i gave my dad my ticket today as i was playing football but he reckons he slipped while celebrating and cracked his head. Came back to his seat to a round of cheers from the crowd, and then did exactly the same again for our 3rd goal :(

Lying about what?

Pud is right it didnt happen whilst celebrating the 2nd goal as he had already hit the concrete before Viduka put it in as we were all looking to see how he was and barely caught the ball hit the back of the net?

Pud is right it didnt happen whilst celebrating the 2nd goal as he had already hit the concrete before Viduka put it in as we were all looking to see how he was and barely caught the ball hit the back of the net?

Aye, in the NE corner we weren't really paying attention when the goal went in - definitely happened before the goal was scored.

Aye, in the NE corner we weren't really paying attention when the goal went in - definitely happened before the goal was scored.

the bloke was off his head when he came into the ground looked doped up

You must sit near me, i gave my dad my ticket today as i was playing football but he reckons he slipped while celebrating and cracked his head. Came back to his seat to a round of cheers from the crowd, and then did exactly the same again for our 3rd goal :P

Lying about what?

lying about whether it happened before or after the goal. Looks like it was my dad who was lying then :(

You must sit near me, i gave my dad my ticket today as i was playing football but he reckons he slipped while celebrating and cracked his head. Came back to his seat to a round of cheers from the crowd, and then did exactly the same again for our 3rd goal :P

Lying about what?

lying about whether it happened before or after the goal. Looks like it was my dad who was lying then :(

Why doesn't that surprise me with a son like you :nufc:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Did anyone see what happened with the lad in the Leazes just before half time?

There was a big thud, and all of us in the NE corner looked over and there was a bloke sprawled out, but he was back out just as the second half was starting, so I asume he's OK. I'm just wondering if anyone saw how it happened?

Thought it was the Duke scambling in the 2nd goal :(

Christ get your stories right lads!

Did anyone see that "Falling man" thing about a bloke that jumped from the top of the World trade centre and they were trying to identify him? This is gonna end up like that if anymore variations of what happened to this daft bastard appear on here.

I was in the north west corner of the leazes and didn't see a thing. Probably cos of my restricted fucking view!

Lying about what?

Why doesn't that surprise me with a son like you :nufc:

Well we cant all produce kids like you to be proud of can we.

talking to a lad at work who was saying that when the kid came back in he sat down a few seats away from him, about 20 mins in and his nose just suddenly exploded like, blood everywhere. He got up to wander off and fell over again on the steps (just flat on his arse this time) 30 seconds later and we scored again! This lad needs to suffer every game like! :P

Thats when the paramedics came and grabbed him back, seems exploding noses after a head trauma just arent a good sign at all....allegedly.

And yes, J69 your fatha was lying to you, in fact I reckon he didnt even go to the game just heard the stories afterwards and recounted them to you to cover his tracks. :(

talking to a lad at work who was saying that when the kid came back in he sat down a few seats away from him, about 20 mins in and his nose just suddenly exploded like, blood everywhere. He got up to wander off and fell over again on the steps (just flat on his arse this time) 30 seconds later and we scored again! This lad needs to suffer every game like! :P

Thats when the paramedics came and grabbed him back, seems exploding noses after a head trauma just arent a good sign at all....allegedly.

And yes, J69 your fatha was lying to you, in fact I reckon he didnt even go to the game just heard the stories afterwards and recounted them to you to cover his tracks. :(

A bleeding nose afterwards sounds as bad as blood coming from the ears, hope he's alright...dozy fucka

Bet he's not even your fatha tbh.