Great performance by Viduka

Dr Gloom

when he plays like that, he's one of the best strikers in the league. not just the goals but the hold up play, distribution and strength on the ball - when he's on song he offers a target and an outlet that neither of our other strikers that can manage. shame he can't play like that week in week out.

i loved the way we looked a different side second half with n'zogbia at left wing. i think smith has to be dropped next game to allow milner to play on the right, zoggy on the left and enrique at left back. beye looked decen too.

good game from harps too. given must be scratching his head though.

Viduka on song is probably about as good as anyone, but as you say, you won't always get that and he does miss games with injury. But his performance is even better as all game the defenders were allowed to foul him at will and he got punished for it!

And i think we'd all like to see Enrique with Zog in front of him runnign defences ragged from the wing, and Millner on the right where he should be able to swing crosses over with pace better.

I have to say i really can't fault Harper this season, aside from his distribution and he totally deserves his place in the team, yet i'd still bring Given back! But i can't knock Big Sam at all for keeping Harper in on current form.

Viduka on song is probably about as good as anyone, but as you say, you won't always get that and he does miss games with injury. But his performance is even better as all game the defenders were allowed to foul him at will and he got punished for it!

And i think we'd all like to see Enrique with Zog in front of him runnign defences ragged from the wing, and Millner on the right where he should be able to swing crosses over with pace better.

I have to say i really can't fault Harper this season, aside from his distribution and he totally deserves his place in the team, yet i'd still bring Given back! But i can't knock Big Sam at all for keeping Harper in on current form.

i agree it would be harsh on harper but given has to play for me. your best player should always walk back into the side.

martins looked lively too. shame he couldn't take his chance.

i agree it would be harsh on harper but given has to play for me. your best player should always walk back into the side.

martins looked lively too. shame he couldn't take his chance.

Yeah, i think no.2 keepers are unlicky as it is the one position where the top guy can straight from injury be ready to walk back into the team no matter what the udnerstudy has done, but that's football. As it is though, Harper has responded excellently.

Martins does look very lively if still erratic, but he's a threat and i think will work quite well with Viduka and his pace along with Zog's pace if he's pushed up is a massive threat.

My mate is a Leeds UTD season ticket holder and he said that one of the mad mysterys of football is Mark Viduka. He was awesome when he got 4 v Liverpool, then a few days later, he couldnt be bothered and they got beat.

Mental, I hope he can play like this more with Owen been injured.

My mate is a Leeds UTD season ticket holder and he said that one of the mad mysterys of football is Mark Viduka. He was awesome when he got 4 v Liverpool, then a few days later, he couldnt be bothered and they got beat.

Mental, I hope he can play like this more with Owen been injured.

Quite nice that Allardyce plays him sparingly then ... perhaps he already has his mind sussed

Got to be Viduka & Martins for the next league game simple as that.

Meanwhile, I'd take the League Cup opportunity v Arsenal to play Smith up front a bit.

I think Smith should definitely be used up front sooner rather than later. Owen is looking unlikely to feature much and Viduka will miss games with injury so Smith should start up fron alongside Martins when Viduka isn't available. It'll give Smith a chance in his favoured position and a goal would do him good if he could get one, plus i'd rather have him up there than Shola and it would improve ouir midfield as Smith is struggling out wide.

When Enrique came on just before the 3rd goal we looked a whole lot better. Well balanced with Zog and Milner on the wings, and the two fullbacks behind them. Martins very lively up front, Beye was strong and I couldn't fault Butt today. Solid 2nd half, with us looking particularly good playing 4-4-2.

Ive also heard mad rumours about his attitude in training with the younger lads in the team. Not training etc and saying he is feeling ill etc

I heard a story along these lines about him at Boro. On a rehab programme and was given a programme of stuff to do in the gym. Was left to do it and sat and pissed about on his mobile, never doing any of the stuff he was asked to do, while one of the physios spied on him. Came back after an hour and asked him how the training had gone and he lied about how he'd found it hard etc. :( He was challenged on it and got a bollocking off some of the senior pros (Southgate etc) when they got wind of what he'd been up to.

Meanwhile, I'd take the League Cup opportunity v Arsenal to play Smith up front a bit.

I think Smith should definitely be used up front sooner rather than later. Owen is looking unlikely to feature much and Viduka will miss games with injury so Smith should start up fron alongside Martins when Viduka isn't available. It'll give Smith a chance in his favoured position and a goal would do him good if he could get one, plus i'd rather have him up there than Shola and it would improve ouir midfield as Smith is struggling out wide.

Aye, I was thinking along these lines too. Pretty much resigned to losing Owen for a run of games, so wouldn't mind seeing Smith up front with Martins or Smith and Viduka or whatever. He looks a different player up front, although I thought he had a good game all in all today.

Ive also heard mad rumours about his attitude in training with the younger lads in the team. Not training etc and saying he is feeling ill etc

I heard a story along these lines about him at Boro. On a rehab programme and was given a programme of stuff to do in the gym. Was left to do it and sat and pissed about on his mobile, never doing any of the stuff he was asked to do, while one of the physios spied on him. Came back after an hour and asked him how the training had gone and he lied about how he'd found it hard etc. :( He was challenged on it and got a bollocking off some of the senior pros (Southgate etc) when they got wind of what he'd been up to.

:P

When Foe had heart attack he was still playing for Leeds, monkey heed was in charge. Anyways, the start of the season Monkey Heed asked them to warm up by running round the pitch, Viduka told the young lads he wasnt doing it and Monkey Heed himself because he was scared of having a heart attack!

Edited by wykikitoon

That is fact. Think I posted it originally actually. One of my friends used to be a physio at the smogs.

Agreed. Smith, Milner and the Zog all looked happier after the changes today.

That is fact. Think I posted it originally actually. One of my friends used to be a physio at the smogs.

I was told by a lad at work who is also friends with the physio. :P Maybe we have mutual acquaintances.