Chelski

Rob W

Chelsea owner could net up to £8 billion from latest oil deal

Russia's state-controlled energy giant Gazprom appears close to buying Roman Abramovich's oil interests as banking sources confirmed that the company was actively casting around for a multi-billion dollar acquisition loan.

energy 365

State controlled you say?......

31791[/snapback]

yes - its not really privatised - but its really an independent empire and one of the last strongholds of old style Russian Communist management

They run their own airlines, hotels, towns .... and security

Very very big and very very powerful

• 16 years later...
4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

16 years later :lol: 

This forum will probably soon qualify as resource of historical importance tbh.

I'm sure it already does :icon_lol:

• Haha 2

Aye but that won't realistically be factored into the valuation. You can't say I value the club at £1.5bn but I want you to pay me back the £1.5bn I spunked on the likes of Crespo, Veron and Shevcenko.

There are motivated sellers and then there's a man under severe pressure of having his British assets frozen. There's a very limited market for this sort of sale and I'd expect whoever does buy them to do it for well under the market value.

Edited by ewerk

Chelsea fittingly linked with Ineos boss Jim Ratcliffe this afternoon . Could be a double trial for crimes against humanity  at The Hague featuring both him and Putin, Ratcliffe for the unspeakably evil act of banning the morning tea break at Grangemouth Refinery :cuppa:

• Haha 1

Isn’t he asking for £3B? It honestly seems like just a gesture to take the heat off and make it look like he’s trying to sell to ward off any asset stripping situation. Maybe he thinks alongside the public statement where he has distanced himself from running the business, he thinks if he’s showing he is trying to sell it the UK Govt might be okay leaving it with that. 

• Like 3

For a price point that high, there’s only one man for the job imo. It’s a man with a track record of putting together loads of unnamed consortiums, which have resulted in MULTIPLE fake bids. 

B5360D20-A7C1-452F-9DFD-5C6EB3C7ED8D.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It's absolute bollocks that he's even being given the opportunity to sell. If he's sanction-worthy, fucking sanction him, don't give him a chance to liquidate assets. 

There's some suggestion he's pledged to donate proceeds of the sale to charity for help in Ukraine. Can't help but think that's utter bollocks mind you.

37 minutes ago, Howay said:

For a price point that high, there’s only one man for the job imo. It’s a man with a track record of putting together loads of unnamed consortiums, which have resulted in MULTIPLE fake bids. 

B5360D20-A7C1-452F-9DFD-5C6EB3C7ED8D.jpeg

He looks like Phil Collins circa 1984 with added whiskers.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Chelski