Chelski

Rob W

22 minutes ago, Craig said:

What about commercial assets? The ground, the hotel, Cobham? 

Imagine Fulham rocking up and buying Cobham off them for a nominal fee. I bet their fans are having a fucking field day BTW. Years having to live in Chelsea's shadow and be ridiculed for being owned by Al Fayed and look how successful their season is too. 

Given that they can’t even selling a Chelsea branded key ring then I imagine that selling the above wouldn’t be allowed.

I don't really understand why they've blocked the club from selling tickets and merchandise. It basically dooms them if you just prevent them bringing in income. 

Just prevent any proceeds from leaving the club but let them trade. 

When you take a step back btw, this is an insane level of power the govt has got. In the hands of these incompetents too ffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

I don't really understand why they've blocked the club from selling tickets and merchandise. It basically dooms them if you just prevent them bringing in income. 

Just prevent any proceeds from leaving the club but let them trade. 

When you take a step back btw, this is an insane level of power the govt has got. In the hands of these incompetents too ffs. 

They should just put the money in a pot and surly that ensures it doesn't go to Abramovich.  

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Assume the arsehole is implying us.

Looks like the tweet has been deleted. 

Tbf it would only take a journo to get into Yemen with a film crew to make life very uncomfortable indeed for Staveley and the Reubens...not suggesting  PiF would be sanctioned or anything but in the current climate we'd all have to face some hard facts about our owners that will make the current NUFC bitching across all media look like a kids tea party...

Saudi Arabia are not a direct existential threat to the UK. It’s not hypocrisy, it’s completely different. That’s not an excuse for the behaviour of the Saudi regime in Yemen, at home etc. Which makes me feel deeply uncomfortable, despite enjoying the transformation of the club and ( hopefully) local investment. The two situations are not analogous. Saudi Arabia are our allies, however unpalatable that is. It’s somewhat ridiculous that’s it’s taken Russia invading Ukraine for the government to start biting the hand that has fed it for far too long though 

• Like 3

The irony is if the ODT had been in place in 2003, there's no way the sale to Abramovich would have been sanctioned. Talk about closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

'Three' have announced they're reviewing their relationship with Chelsea. Hyundai are reported to be doing the same. There's going to be fuck all of a revenue stream left by the time we get to Sunday's match.

Thing is the insistence on defining PCP legally as not being owned by the Saudi state or MBS means they'd have to overreach to do the same even if they sanctioned either the state or the individual. 

Thanks Masters. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

'Three' have announced they're reviewing their relationship with Chelsea. Hyundai are reported to be doing the same. There's going to be fuck all of a revenue stream left by the time we get to Sunday's match.

£40m a year Three is worth apparently

1 hour ago, Craig said:

The club will have to be cleansed of anything he's put in there effectively. Basically it's administration and doesn't that attract points deduction? 

I think they're fucked. Surely they'll have to liquidate assets, and rapidly?

They're not allowed to as far as I can see. Player trading banned.

Is that Chelsea Hotel, the clubs or Abramovich's ??

Just now, Toonpack said:

They're not allowed to as far as I can see. Player trading banned.

Is that Chelsea Hotel, the clubs or Abramovich's ??

Yeah I was referring to commercial assets rather than players and to so to fund operating the club as a going concern rather than for profit. Surely they're be allowed to do so to pay wages, won't they?