Chelski

Rob W

On 11/03/2022 at 03:05, Christmas Tree said:

Dont get me wrong, I’m hoping for nothing but Saudi backed glory to see out my time on this floating ball. 

Hey, you fucking young ’un! The mood of the room does not need this absolute shite!

On 11/03/2022 at 14:58, Toonpack said:

Must admit I do find it contentious when we in the west (UK in particular) get all high and mighty about human rights in countries which are 100 or so years (or more) behind us in the development of society, when we ourselves were less than righteous in our recent past (e.g. 100 years ago, average life expectancy in India under the Raj was under 30, that is mind boggling)

Tangentially to this, this popped up my feed today and is an interesting read for anyone who's got the time for it (so not you, CT):

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/04/mohammed-bin-salman-saudi-arabia-palace-interview/622822/

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Tangentially to this, this popped up my feed today and is an interesting read for anyone who's got the time for it (so not you, CT):

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/04/mohammed-bin-salman-saudi-arabia-palace-interview/622822/

Excellent read Meenzer, thanks for that, I guess these short quotes make the point I was trying to make:

"Cultural practices decades or centuries old do not yield suddenly".

"Sometimes this is how absolute power relaxes its grip: slowly, without anyone noticing. In England, the transition from absolute monarchy to a fully constitutional one took 200 years, not all of them superintended by the most stable kings".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

🙃

This'll be fucking interesting if it comes off. They won't be able to be critical of us and not Chelsea in the same breath. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

This'll be fucking interesting if it comes off. They won't be able to be critical of us and not Chelsea in the same breath. 

I’m not a gambling man, but wanna bet? :lol:

They’ll be wanking themselves daft. 

No direct government links :lol: the chairman is the minister of culture. Bet this doesn’t take 18 months 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

:lol: Aye the mental gymnastics will be incredible here. You don’t make that level of money in SA without being connected, or in many ways complicit with the leaders of SA. 

The other piece I’m going to assume without going onto twitter or forums is the Chelsea fans (and likely mackems) will be absolutely over the moon with all of this, all completely into the idea this will make us some type of feeder or secondary club to them - despite it being the same situation as Sheffield United in that it’s just a rich Saudi bloke buying a club. 

Am I right in saying the government have to agree to this proposed sale? ….. even for these amoral fuckin twats that’s going to take a lot of balls in the current climate… I expect they’ll find a way all the same…

Edited by PaddockLad

Mackems have already let slip what this is really all about. 

“the mags will be fuming, the money is coming from the same place”

”we’re tha richest club in tha…..toon” 

Says ready to go. They’ll be desperate for this to go through. Despite the fact the bloke is worth less than Mike Ashley :lol: 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Final bids on Friday for Chelsea, according to some dude in James Richardson's podcast. Looks like they're trying to get the sale over with quickly. 

Hopefully sold to the cockney Barry Moat.