friday ice GIF

:lol:

The conversation at the barbers…

“ What style would you like, tovarich?”

” Motorbike helmet”

” No, no, Komrad Roman, I can do yo…”

” MOTORBIKE HELMET! “

“Da”

The Panorama episode this evening has been quite enlightening. I bet there's still Chelsea supporting muppets trying to defend him having watched it.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If PIF want to make Newcastle a global brand, and popular in Saudi, I can imagine MBS having a word with this bloke about his offer. 

I think it’ll be a similar situation to Sheffield United, they’re owned by another bloke from SA. If it goes to him they’ll maybe go on to be somewhat like Arsenal, backed by a decently wealthy consortium headed by the bloke mentioned. 

Seems like I’m right that the mackems are frothing at the mouth over it, mackems will see posts like mine and think it’s hilarious as they’ll see it as delusion but this purchase would have zero impact on us. It’s a less wealthy version of Chelsea’s current set up, it just so happens the bloke is connected to SA rather than Russia - it’s a step down for Chelsea and zero impact on us. They’re welcome to get all excited if they want but that’s a bit weird given their sudden interest in the denial of SA business in football, surely this should upset them? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think it’ll be a similar situation to Sheffield United, they’re owned by another bloke from SA. If it goes to him they’ll maybe go on to be somewhat like Arsenal, backed by a decently wealthy consortium headed by the bloke mentioned. 

Seems like I’m right that the mackems are frothing at the mouth over it, mackems will see posts like mine and think it’s hilarious as they’ll see it as delusion but this purchase would have zero impact on us. It’s a less wealthy version of Chelsea’s current set up, it just so happens the bloke is connected to SA rather than Russia - it’s a step down for Chelsea and zero impact on us. They’re welcome to get all excited if they want but that’s a bit weird given their sudden interest in the denial of SA business in football, surely this should upset them? 

Aye hopefully they just end up our poorer Saudi relation. The first thing that a new Chelsea owner needs to address is the fact that the club can't wash its own face and hasn't been able to for years. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye hopefully they just end up our poorer Saudi relation. The first thing that a new Chelsea owner needs to address is the fact that the club can't wash its own face and hasn't been able to for years. 

Aye that’s how it’s going to have to be, sounds like this bloke is a Chelsea supporter so he likely just wants to save the club and be involved in running it. The excitement that there’s some link to PiF is rubbish really, if the PiF had wanted a side like Chelsea they’d have bought one - they tried to buy Liverpool, Spurs, and Manchester United at various points but were put off by the valuations due to their aims. As you say, they’ll become poor relations and will have to figure out a new way to run - the bloke and his consortium don’t seem to have Abramovich money and are paying a fucking hell of a lot more than he did for it. 

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Would this disqualify the bid?

It depends on whether it's the company making the bid or just the guy who owns part of it. Either way it's a non-starter imo as Chelsea will be looking for a quick sale and will want a preferred bidder who is going to sail through the Fit and Proper test.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It depends on whether it's the company making the bid or just the guy who owns part of it. Either way it's a non-starter imo as Chelsea will be looking for a quick sale and will want a preferred bidder who is going to sail through the Fit and Proper test.

I suspect sailing through the fit and proper is a given, no matter who.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I suspect sailing through the fit and proper is a given, no matter who.

Agree on this. It'll be fast-tracked due to the uncertainty around the future of the club. 

Then cue the ignorant element of our fanbase who will kick off because our sale took 18 months to get through that stage. Aside from being the transfer of ownership of a football club, the two situations are not in any way comparable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agree on this. It'll be fast-tracked due to the uncertainty around the future of the club. 

Then cue the ignorant element of our fanbase who will kick off because our sale took 18 months to get through that stage. Aside from being the transfer of ownership of a football club, the two situations are not in any way comparable.

It will, but will be interesting to see how "fast" that fast track is, legal searches take time etc.

It should take a few weeks minimum, if it's 48 hours there's a rabbit off.

Wonder who the money from sale price will go to.

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Wonder who the money from sale price will go to.

Charities supporting those affected in Ukraine is what I heard it was likely to be. Couldn't be a more apt use for it - Russia's dirty money being used to clear up the carnage being left behind by Russia.