Chelski

Rob W

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah I was referring to commercial assets rather than players and to so to fund operating the club as a going concern rather than for profit. Surely they're be allowed to do so to pay wages, won't they? 

Depends on ownership, if the assets are linked back to Abramovich via the club they'll be frozen too.

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's right to an extent though, there should be some degree of self reflection for NUFC fans today. Which I'll get to when I've finished laughing. 

I've been randomly chuckling away to myself all morning. Couldn't have happened to a more horrible bunch of cunts. It's tremendous.

• Like 1

Yeh we’ll have our own moral dilemmas to contend with and the media will make sure that we do. For now a laugh at Chelsea is quite therapeutic.

Its funny, all the blue ticks lecturing on sportswashing point straight towards NUFC in a relegation battle rather than the current league champions. 

So proof sportswashing works :) 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't really understand why they've blocked the club from selling tickets and merchandise. It basically dooms them if you just prevent them bringing in income. 

Just prevent any proceeds from leaving the club but let them trade. 

When you take a step back btw, this is an insane level of power the govt has got. In the hands of these incompetents too ffs. 

But wouldn’t allowing the frozen asset to carry on generating money defeat the punishment? Since freezing rather than stripping is only meant to be short term if they allow the club to carry on generating money there’s no real punishment to him other than losing control of the asset for the short period it’s frozen. That was my assumption anyway. 

I’ve had a Chelsea fan twisting on at me all morning, even implying this is some elaborate conspiracy by the UK government to gain money from the sale :lol:. The UK government is a lot of things but I don’t think they were all that arsed about getting whatever proceeds they’d receive from this, it’s either the normal function under a sale of a frozen asset or they’re allowing a special sale due to the meaning of a football club do that it stays operational, in which case where else would the money go? It cant go back to Chelsea otherwise the sale was essentially for £0. I’ve not even seen anywhere that they will allow a sale mind let alone that they’re getting the money so there’s a chance he’s making all that up because he’s being hysterical. 

Edited by Howay

They’re conflating things. Be annoyed that football was allowed to get into bed with people like Abramovich, the UK Government wasn’t doing this specifically for Chelsea it’s just an unintended consequence of freezing Abramovich’s assets, frozen companies go bust if the freeze lasts long enough it’s not some fucking conspiracy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

What you gonna do lads? Vote Labour? :lol: 

This is the same Chelsea who were part of the shitehawks who tried to create the breakaway ESL, opposed our sale to PCP and veto'd the sponsorship deals we tried to make. That's not being forgotten in a hurry by any of us either. 

Dry your eyes FFS Chelsea, you've been existing for 19 years on the funds of a crooked shyster and everyone knew it. 

It's reminding me of the day FIFA were raided by the FBI. Everyone knew that was corrupt to fuck as well.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 3

So people are now saying Abramovich never got round to writing off that £1.5b loan, meaning it makes it even fucking harder to sell the club if it’s actually allowed. Since any sale would basically be an asset strip at this point his incentive to write off that loan would be eliminated, and if eventually his assets are unfrozen he’d be able to demand payment of that loan from CFC, so if that’s all the case anyone that bought Chelsea is doing so with that hanging over the club. It looks like they’re fucked. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

So people are now saying Abramovich never got round to writing off that £1.5b loan, meaning it makes it even fucking harder to sell the club if it’s actually allowed. Since any sale would basically be an asset strip at this point his incentive to write off that loan would be eliminated, and if eventually his assets are unfrozen he’d be able to demand payment of that loan from CFC, so if that’s all the case anyone that bought Chelsea is doing so with that hanging over the club. It looks like they’re fucked. 

Wonder if he's saying that to try and pressure the government into unfreezing it.  If the club is lost because of this it's mad tbh

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

:aye: and I'll lose fuck all sleep over it.

Chelsea mate is saying they're fucked, but that it's entirely hypocritical of a government that's quite happy to be in bed with the Russians when it benefits them.

Question for the financials on here; Why would anyone pay money for the club to Abramovic/Charitable trust when they could wait for administrators (or whatever the equivalent is for this unprecedented situation is) to wade in and sell stuff off for pennies on the pound?

21 minutes ago, Howay said:

Sadly not, just read on RTG (for my sins) someone's looked at the accounts etc and the loans are via a holding company, and held by that entity, Chelski the club is technically debt free. How accurate that is, who can say.

Suppose it'll be how that's all deemed to fit when any sale is investigated though.

Edited by Toonpack

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Question for the financials on here; Why would anyone pay money for the club to Abramovic/Charitable trust when they could wait for administrators (or whatever the equivalent is for this unprecedented situation is) to wade in and sell stuff off for pennies on the pound?

Because there's more than one bidder in the running for the club. If an administrator comes in then they'll still listen to all offers and try to get a bidding war going.

The complication here seems to be Abramovich's loan. If he can unilaterally write it off then that would make things a lot more straightforward. But right now no one is going to want to buy a club on the hook for £1.5bn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Sadly not, just read on RTG (for my sins) someone's looked at the accounts etc and the loans are via a holding company, and held by that entity, Chelski is technically debt free. How accurate that is, who can say.

Suppose it'll be how that's all deemed to fit when any sale is investigated though.

The thing is that any bidder would be buying the holding company rather than just the football club.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because there's more than one bidder in the running for the club. If an administrator comes in then they'll still listen to all offers and try to get a bidding war going.

The complication here seems to be Abramovich's loan. If he can unilaterally write it off then that would make things a lot more straightforward. But right now no one is going to want to buy a club on the hook for £1.5bn.

#ZZTramp #Business #Opportunity #HeronFoods

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Sadly not, just read on RTG (for my sins) someone's looked at the accounts etc and the loans are via a holding company, and held by that entity, Chelski is technically debt free. How accurate that is, who can say.

was it fat bob the makem