Toon to pull Nic and Luis deals

Scottish Mag

Newcastle are set to pull out of their moves for Nicolas Anelka and Luis Boa Morte.

The North East giants lodged bids for both forwards last week, but their offers were immediately shunned by their respective clubs - Fenerbahce and Fulham.

Newcastle were expected to go back with fresh bids for both players this week, but chairman Freddy Shepherd insists no new offers will be made for either Anelka or Boa Morte.

"In the past perhaps we have been willing to bring in a player at any cost but we are not going to be anybody's mugs any more," stressed Shepherd.

"They (the bids) are certainly not derisory and we won't be budging. If the clubs in question decide to pick the bids up, then great.

"If not, then we will move on. If we don't get them, Graeme and the scouts will identify different players and we will move for them."

One deal that talks are continuing over is that for Craig Moore.

The experienced Australian defender has been targeted by manager Graeme Souness and he could soon seal a move to St James' Park.

"He has indicated he wants to come to Newcastle, but we have got to have a deal that suits both parties and talks are ongoing," Shepherd told the club's website.

We're the only team to bid for Boa Morte, and it's about £1m less than they want.

Nice to start the season with no left sided midfielder anyway eh...

3034[/snapback]

Pathetic. How long before we are rid of that sad excuse of a chairman?

Sheppard is going to totally destroy our season yet again. We make a good start to our transfers with Parker and Emre but without strenghthening up front we are going to be a laughing stock this season.

I was very hopefull of a good season this term with the expectation of these two players but now I can see us ending up with players like Dickov, not because that is who Souness has identified as a player to take us forward but because that fat prick of a chairman is going to leave us in such a state that with so little time that is all we will be able to get.

I am thoroughly pissed off now :razz:

Sheppard is going to totally destroy our season yet again.  We make a good start to our transfers with Parker and Emre but without strenghthening up front we are going to be a laughing stock this season.

I was very hopefull of a good season this term with the expectation of these two players but now I can see us ending up with players like Dickov, not because that is who Souness has identified as a player to take us forward but because that fat prick of a chairman is going to leave us in such a state that with so little time that is all we will be able to get.

I am thoroughly pissed off now :razz:

3121[/snapback]

Feeling pretty much the same as I am then :angry:

What annoys me is that it was obvious that we were going to be held to ransom by clubs who know we are desperate to sign a left-sided player and a striker. When you considered that the two clubs in question also want to hang onto to the respective players, one wonders what else the chairman expected. Still, at least Woodgate will always be welcomed here. :razz:

i dont see him saying we are pulling out of the deals? only that the moneys on the table , take it or leave it......its a game ain't it , both other teams will need money for new players also and may eventually have to just take whats been offered. :razz:

i dont see him saying we are pulling out of the deals? only that the moneys on the table , take it or leave it......its a game ain't it , both other teams will need money for new players also and may eventually have to just take whats been offered. :razz:

3136[/snapback]

Neither team actually wants to sell though. It was much easier signing Emre and Parker, because neither were going to play first team football. Both Anelka and Boa Morte are important players to their respective teams.

I feel there are some legs left in both deals to be honest. As a poster mentioned further up we haven't pulled out of deals just not upping them. Maybe that will force Fulham/Fenebache to drop their demands a little.

I think and this is only my opinion that Anelka and LBM especially LBM would prefer to be at the Toon, no clubs want unsettled players in their squads especially players that are quite important to that particular club.

I feel there are some legs left in both deals to be honest. As a poster mentioned further up we haven't pulled out of deals just not upping them. Maybe that will force Fulham/Fenebache to drop their demands a little.

I think and this is only my opinion that Anelka and LBM especially LBM would prefer to be at the Toon, no clubs want unsettled players in their squads especially players that are quite important to that particular club.

3303[/snapback]

If that's the case, Jenas will be on his way to Arsenal for £9million then.

yes but we don't know whether Arsenal have bid or not. Newcastle have denied any bid and Arsenal say they have made any bid, but Newcastle, Fulham and Fenebache have all confimed bids for the relevant players.

yes but we don't know whether Arsenal have bid or not. Newcastle have denied any bid and Arsenal say they have made any bid, but Newcastle, Fulham and Fenebache have all confimed bids for the relevant players.

3309[/snapback]

By the same token Fenerbache and Fulham don't want to and presumably don't need to sell. I don't understand why they would be forced to drop their demands.

• 1 month later...