Smith: I’ll do anything for Toon cause

Scottish Mag

Clueless.

Can you point out what you don't agree with and give a reason why?

It's much better than the 'clueless' response and makes you look incapable of debating a point.

Giggs is faster than Milner? Ok.

The fact you even admitted Milner stood out in a shite squad last season contradicts everything you have said basically.

How have I contradicted myself?

Standing out in a shit team doesn't necessarily mean you're the best player, both Milner and Butt stood out because they give 100% on the pitchwhere as someone like N'Zogbia chose to sulk because he doesn't share a similar attitude, yet I don't think there's much doubt that he's the better player, certainly better than Milner anyway.

Btw Scott Parker stood out the season before because he gave 100% and got stuck in, unfortunately for us he wasn't good enough either.

I thought he offers us little?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to find players in the current squad/aspects of the current regime that Baggio doesn't have a downer on. I wouldn't worry too much that he doesn't like Milner either.

Isn't it just the English players he hates?

Like who?

You pointed this out on N-O a week or so ago and I didn't know what you were getting at, are you suggesting I hate all English players or just the one's that play for us?

Clueless.

It's much better than the 'clueless' response and makes you look incapable of debating a point.

The fact you even admitted Milner stood out in a shite squad last season contradicts everything you have said basically.

Standing out in a shit team doesn't necessarily mean you're the best player, both Milner and Butt stood out because they give 100% on the pitchwhere as someone like N'Zogbia chose to sulk because he doesn't share a similar attitude, yet I don't think there's much doubt that he's the better player, certainly better than Milner anyway.

Btw Scott Parker stood out the season before because he gave 100% and got stuck in, unfortunately for us he wasn't good enough either.

He does offer us very little but stood out in a poor side because he gave 100% effort every game, that doesn't mean he's good enough for us if we have any ambition of cracking the top 6 does it?

Why don't you put forward a decent post as to why you think Milner is a top player (if you think that that is) instead of being pedantic and trying to catch people out.

It's hard to find players in the current squad/aspects of the current regime that Baggio doesn't have a downer on. I wouldn't worry too much that he doesn't like Milner either.

Isn't it just the English players he hates?

Like who?

You pointed this out on N-O a week or so ago and I didn't know what you were getting at, are you suggesting I hate all English players or just the one's that play for us?

Dunno, just something I've picked up on (apart from Wright-Phillips). Just seems to be that in your posts which criticise our players, it tends to be the English ones which you want out. Perhaps that says more about the squad than it does about you though.

Milner is a decent player, puts a good hour and halfs worth of graft in and creates opportunities as well as occasionally getting on the score sheet.

That's fine by me.

Edited by Tribal

Clueless.

He does offer us very little but stood out in a poor side because he gave 100% effort every game, that doesn't mean he's good enough for us if we have any ambition of cracking the top 6 does it?

Why don't you put forward a decent post as to why you think Milner is a top player (if you think that that is) instead of being pedantic and trying to catch people out.

I still think half of our squad needs replacing, but until January comes, I don't think there's anyone else in the squad who could do a job on the right wing which Milner could do.

Clueless.

I still think half of our squad needs replacing, but until January comes, I don't think there's anyone else in the squad who could do a job on the right wing which Milner could do.

I'd play Duff there if he gets fit tbh.

Milner is a decent player, puts a good hour and halfs worth of graft in and creates opportunities as well as occasionally getting on the score sheet.

That's fine by me.

Fine if you've got no ambition for the team to improve, as I said getting the odd goal or assist (and I mean odd) isn't enough to justify your place in the team every week, players like Arteta, Lennon, Bentley and even N'Zogbia offer far more over the course of 90 minutes in terms of pace, penetration and the all round attacking play.

So are you happy with the team as it is? What position do you think we should look to strengthen first in January?

Clueless.

I'd play Duff there if he gets fit tbh.

Who?

Milner's becoming a very good player for us in my opinion. To say he doesn't offer a lot to overall play is ridiculous. Other than goals, crosses, a good work-ethic, etc.

Go and watch the spotty fucker. He is mediocre. At best.

goals - when?

crosses - have you watched his attempts? It's like watching Ian Stewart again.

a good work-ethic - I can chase back slowly as well. Doesn't make up for the fact that I'm shite.

Nb: Giggs would murder Milner over any distance. It felt very wrong putting those two players in the same sentence tbh

Edited by gram

This is just sad. How much dross have we just got rid off for a net £8m and people still want a superstar squad? Get fucking real.

Superstar squad? Not really. Just rid of people who are in and doing very very little. Smith is fine by me. He offers versatility, commitment and can actually pass a ball. He has a footballing brain and adapts. Milner is just a spotty pleb who needs benching - probably quicker to bring the bench to him though.

This is just sad. How much dross have we just got rid off for a net £8m and people still want a superstar squad? Get fucking real.

Superstar squad? Not really. Just rid of people who are in and doing very very little. Smith is fine by me. He offers versatility, commitment and can actually pass a ball. He has a footballing brain and adapts. Milner is just a spotty pleb who needs benching - probably quicker to bring the bench to him though.

I can't believe you're defending Smith yet attacking Milner all in the one post. :(

You say he is versatile? Well I suppose the capability to be equally shit up front or anywhere across the midfield could be classed as being versatile. Commitment? If by commitment you mean being committed to stupid lunging tackles which result in free kicks and yellow cards then yes, Smith is very committed. And I've yet to see any sign of real quality passing ability from him. I don't think anyone is trying to claim that Milner is a world beater but over the past two seasons he has proven himself a better player than Smith.

Just what does Smith do? Does he score goals? Does he provide goals? Does he break up play? Does he set up play? What the fuck does he do???!11!!! :P

Edited by ewerk

we should sell smith in january

To prove you right? :(

no - because we don't need him.

i wish i was wrong but i don't see what he offers as a midfielder or as our vice captain.

I still think he'll turn out to be a good player for us. He's struggling wide-right though as I think we all agree. I actually think we do need him too, mainly because of his versatility.

we should sell smith in january

To prove you right? :(

no - because we don't need him.

i wish i was wrong but i don't see what he offers as a midfielder or as our vice captain.

I still think he'll turn out to be a good player for us. He's struggling wide-right though as I think we all agree. I actually think we do need him too, mainly because of his versatility.

i wouldn't mind him as back up striker but sam seems to view him as a first choice midfielder and 5th choice centre forward. it's all well being versatile - it is useful to for any squad to have players that can play a number of different roles - but he keeps being picked in positions where, in my opinion, he contributes little.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I wouldn't have him starting when everyone was available, especially in midfield.

got to agree to disagree then. on this season's evidence i haven't seen anything to convince me that he can do a good enough job in midfield

I wouldn't have him starting when everyone was available, especially in midfield.

got to agree to disagree then. on this season's evidence i haven't seen anything to convince me that he can do a good enough job in midfield

I was agreeing with you man! :(

I was agreeing with you man! :(

:P