Arsenal v Newcastle United

MattM4

He isn't that good either, unfortunately.

If he had a bit of luck he could have scored have scored 3 last night. I still think he is a valuable player to have in a pool of 4 strikers.

So do I. I don't think he's that good though. He's lively, pacy and likely to produce the occasional bit of brilliance. He's also inconsistent and has a poor touch and movement though. I concede we'd have been fucked without him last season and I'm glad we've got him for the upcoming games too.

the problem last night is he was asked to play up front on his own and like owen he needs a player alongside him to win the flick-ons. but he was still by far our most lively attacking player despite being deprived of service throughout the match. shocking finishing though.

our midfield looked horrible at times yesterday - so sloppy and pedestrian. we were basically playing a 4-5-1 with smith, feye and n'zogbia in the centre with shola on the left and milner on the right.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good goals by Arsenal tbf.

The second was a peach, the first was a well taken header but I think we could have done better defensivley?

The 5Live commentators were saying Roz and Taylor played well, its a pity Roz's only feck up led to the first goal.

The main thing here from what I am reading is, yes we got beat by a bunch of youngsters but it wasnt a spanking. Definsivley we were pretty sound, how many times have we heard that in the past two years?

We just need to get into our minds that we aint gonna be transformed over night are we?