Teeth Whitening

Guest James_coDurham

Guest James_coDurham

My knashers are looking a bit discoloured to me lately, was thinking of getting them whitened. What's the best way to do it? Any recommendations for good products, I don't particularly want to pay a dentist thousands for a professional job. My teeth aren't exactly brown, I'm just a bit vein :icon_lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this:

'Illegal' teeth whitening warning

Untrained salon staff are carrying out teeth whitening on clients, according to consumer magazine Which?

The General Dental Council (GDC) said it was illegal for non-dentists to carry out the procedure.

The dental regulatory body has launched investigations into six London clinics offering the service and visited by Which? magazine.

Habia, the body which helps salons understand legislation, said some may have been confused by regulations.

'Bleaching agent'

James Goonik, of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, said the use of a substance by three of the clinics - chlorine dioxide - was particularly worrying.

"This chemical is a bleaching agent used to purify water and is very acidic," he said. "It can wreck tooth enamel".

The other three clinics reportedly used a hydrogen peroxide formula at a strength above the legal limit.

Concerns were also raised about the failure of some of the clinics to check for gum disease.

Clinics saying they would take impressions of teeth to check for problems were accused of acting illegally because this would have been carried out by an untrained person.

But while it may be illegal for a non-dentist to carry out teeth whitening on someone it is perfectly legal for someone to take home a teeth whitening kit and perform it on themselves.

Wendy Nixon, of Habia - the government-approved body which helps salons understand legislation - said it was this which may have confused salons, most of which "were not deliberately acting irresponsibly".

"A lot of people just don't know about these regulations and they are continually being pressured by very pushy sales people who say it's perfectly OK for them to offer this service," she said.

"At the same time, there's more and more demand from clients."

Whitening has become a fad of recent years, popularised in part by celebrities.

However, the desire for gleaming teeth is not a modern phenomenon. The Romans, for instance, used urine to whiten theirs.

Guest James_coDurham
ross.jpg

Before anyone else posts it. Now less of the bemockery, any serious advice?

Aye brush your teeth after every meal you lazy fuck! :icon_lol:

Fuck off ffs.

Get em done professionally, as with everything in life.... buy cheap, buy twice

:blush: Before

:razz: After

:icon_lol:

If you can't tell I'm mocking myself here you're an idiot alex/Gemmil/Renton

I've started using that Blanx toothpaste which does help with the staining. I've also totally cut out drinking coffee which probably wasn't helping matters.

Some bloke at work had his professionally whitened and it looks fucking ridiculous. You need a pair shades every time he smiles!

I've started using that Blanx toothpaste which does help with the staining. I've also totally cut out drinking coffee which probably wasn't helping matters.

Tea is even worse. And smoking doesn't help.

I still drink tea.... thankfully i've never smoked.

As for the Simon Cowell comment, this bloke's look worse..... a lot, lot worse! It's as though he's bunged some dentures in a vat of domestos over night.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Patrokles
My knashers are looking a bit discoloured to me lately, was thinking of getting them whitened. What's the best way to do it? Any recommendations for good products, I don't particularly want to pay a dentist thousands for a professional job. My teeth aren't exactly brown, I'm just a bit vein :o

If you were that vain, you'd have fucking learned to spell so you don't come across like a complete retard every time you post. 'vein' ffs. :lol:

Guest James_coDurham
My knashers are looking a bit discoloured to me lately, was thinking of getting them whitened. What's the best way to do it? Any recommendations for good products, I don't particularly want to pay a dentist thousands for a professional job. My teeth aren't exactly brown, I'm just a bit vein :o

If you were that vain, you'd have fucking learned to spell so you don't come across like a complete retard every time you post. 'vein' ffs. :lol:

Dragged this up as retaliation as clearly hurt by the bald jibe hehehehehehehe

Guest Patrokles

Dragged this up as retaliation as clearly hurt by the bald jibe hehehehehehehe

Not really, since I didn't really understand where you were coming from on any of the multiple occasions you attempted to elicit a bite, you dumb cunt. I just clicked on your profile to see whether you'd gotten around to having a picture anywhere, since you seem somewhat reluctant to prove you're not just a fat, spotty, greasy little virgin. We all know from your N-O days that your proudest achievement with a girl was to cop a feel when you were 15 in the janitor's cupboard at school and that you got a gold star at maths. I can't actually remember if it was Vic or you with the maths thing, actually, which I think speaks volumes.

Guest James_coDurham
Mate of mine is a dentist, apparently the stuff that they charge you thousands for actually costs them about six quid a go.

I know yeah, that's why I was so reluctant to go to them in the first place :razz: