Moving to Manchester

Steve

Hello,

I was wondering if I could ask the people knowledgeable about Manchester a very important question.

I'm looking for a flat up there at the moment because I've accepted a job in Manchester and just curious, which areas should I avoid? Of course I'm waiting for the comedy replies of 'all of it' and I say bring them on, but which areas should I just not even think about going near? And obviously very similar, which are decent areas to live in that are close enough to the city centre?

Thanks.

I didn't PM him because I didn't know if he still posted very much. I'm never here so I don't know the comings and goings. I mean, I heard you rarely post anymore. It's gone all freaky over here in my absence.

Yeah I can't really get on from work anymore, so you don't really get involved in threads as much, and so there's less point getting on on a night too I guess.

Sammy still gets on a bit though - was on earlier tonight.

Avoid where I live.

Burgled within the first month of living here.

Man shot dead at the end of my street.

Other end of the street is a roundabout known as 'stab circle'

Girl got mugged in the street last week...

I didn't PM him because I didn't know if he still posted very much. I'm never here so I don't know the comings and goings. I mean, I heard you rarely post anymore. It's gone all freaky over here in my absence.

Whats all this you rhastclart? I thought you didnt like Mcr and were mincing on about London the other day?

Anyways as far as practical advice goes the only good place to live is South Manchester tbh. I simply won't speak of North or East Manchester and West Manchester doesnt really exist as such as thats effectively Salford. The only caveat is that South Manchester is also the most dangerous part of the city. Places you want to avoid include (in this specific order) Longsight, Moss Side, Ardwick, Rusholme, Whalley Range and Old Moat. Hulme (formerly the worst of all) is ok now that it's had an injection of the pink pound. It's still dangerous though as now you will be absolutely savaged if you're not wearing designer while cottaging.

I think Greg would be classed as city centre if he's still up near UMIST. That or Rusholme border. Don't live on his street either apparently.

On a serious note though if you're up here on a scouting mission let us know mate as I'll happily take you on a drive round to orientate you and see which places you can get a feel for.

Whats all this you rhastclart? I thought you didnt like Mcr and were mincing on about London the other day?

Anyways as far as practical advice goes the only good place to live is South Manchester tbh. I simply won't speak of North or East Manchester and West Manchester doesnt really exist as such as thats effectively Salford. The only caveat is that South Manchester is also the most dangerous part of the city. Places you want to avoid include (in this specific order) Longsight, Moss Side, Ardwick, Rusholme, Whalley Range and Old Moat. Hulme (formerly the worst of all) is ok now that it's had an injection of the pink pound. It's still dangerous though as now you will be absolutely savaged if you're not wearing designer while cottaging.

I think Greg would be classed as city centre if he's still up near UMIST. That or Rusholme border. Don't live on his street either apparently.

On a serious note though if you're up here on a scouting mission let us know mate as I'll happily take you on a drive round to orientate you and see which places you can get a feel for.

I've moved away from the Uni North Campus, in a house now which is shown below by a red dot!

denisonxk8.jpg

Are you going to the match tomorrow?

I've moved away from the Uni North Campus, in a house now which is shown below by a red dot!

denisonxk8.jpg

That looks like Victoria Park/Rusholme to me, though you're clearly on the border with Longsight, which would account for the fatal shooting.

And no, won't be at the match tomorrow. I'm not in Mcr this weekend as I'm at a Christening on the Sunday. Would have given you a nudge otherwise mate.

Edited by manc-mag

I would PM Sammy about this. He's gonna know all you need to know.

Decent areas include Canal Street.

Anyone told you you're a fucking arsehole Gemmill? :icon_lol:

denisonxk8.jpg

Is the Rampant Lion still shit? I was gutted when they began to clean the place up a bit, wasted many sunny afternoons in their beer garden.

denisonxk8.jpg

Is the Rampant Lion still shit? I was gutted when they began to clean the place up a bit, wasted many sunny afternoons in their beer garden.

It's alright, go there quite a bit but it is quite expensive, the beer garden is class when the weather is nice, I'll probs be in there tonight for a few pints after work.

Edited by Greg

denisonxk8.jpg

That looks like Victoria Park/Rusholme to me, though you're clearly on the border with Longsight, which would account for the fatal shooting.

And no, won't be at the match tomorrow. I'm not in Mcr this weekend as I'm at a Christening on the Sunday. Would have given you a nudge otherwise mate.

Aye, my address is house no, street name, St Vincents, Victoria Park. It's a new build estate with some pretty nice houses but in a pretty shit area. The shooting at the end of the street was a drive by on Anson Road in June or July.

Bet the greedy fucka will want petrol money, be cheaper getting a taxi tbh :icon_lol:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Bet the greedy fucka will want petrol money, be cheaper getting a taxi tbh :icon_lol:

My whip is a 1.1 you fucking dick. I'd be more likely to ask him to help me with the pedalling.

My whip is a 1.1 you fucking dick. I'd be more likely to ask him to help me with the pedalling.

Hardly a fucking whip then is it you cock muncher, more a screeve in my books :razz:

denisonxk8.jpg

Aye, my address is house no, street name, St Vincents, Victoria Park. It's a new build estate with some pretty nice houses but in a pretty shit area. The shooting at the end of the street was a drive by on Anson Road in June or July.

links?

I walk that road everyday going to uni. whooooosh.

Steve, If you're moving to Manc you're not that far from the Mighty Leeds, you and Manc should pop across for a few pints and a proper night out.

Watch your arses boys, sounds to me like the fish is getting desperate and he's after rubbing his sharks fin on your back :icon_lol: