Jenas explains Magpies Exit

adios

Jermaine Jenas has explained the time was right for him to leave Newcastle United.

The £5 million signing from Nottingham Forest spent four years at St James' Park and believed he had done all he could during his time in the North East.

Jenas has now joined Tottenham for £8 million and the 22-year-old is hoping a change of scenery with bolster his chances of making England's squad in next year's World Cup.

"I was up there for four years and had a good time, but I had hit a bit of a ceiling," explained Jenas.

"I needed to move - it was best for everyone. I had gone as far as I could with them.

"It was just purely about football reasons I want to get back into England contention and, hopefully, this will help."

I know I'm not a professional so can someone more knowledgeable please explain what part golfish bowls play in football?

The people at St James' aren't men then? Is that why he moved to Spurs?

31870[/snapback]

No they are, but he fancies Carrick.

31877[/snapback]

Being a midfileder, he will be quite close to Carrick, in the field or on the bench I guess.

31882[/snapback]

And in the bedroom.. LOL

"It was just purely about football reasons I want to get back into England contention and, hopefully, this will help."

Smart lad isn't he?

He has just left a team that has England's 1st choice striker because he wants a better opportunity to make the national team.

Why doesn't he admit it he isn't first a team player. I watched the spurs v pool match and honestly he is put to shame by Davids. He pulls out of tackles, he would of scored on his debut if he wasn't such a soft player, you can actually see him stop and flinch from the front on angle.

Maybe he blows Sven? (Please note this is a humorous allegation and should be taken in the humour it is intended in. Because truth is we all know he would have to get in line with the staff of the English FA for an opportunity and he's not that patient or dedicated!)