Turk Vows To Fight For Toon Future

Scottish Mag

TURKISH playmaker Emre says that he is determined to rediscover his best form at Newcastle United as looks to put his five-month injury nightmare firmly behind him.

The 27-year-old has been restricted to just one start for the Magpies since breaking his ankle at Reading in April, with a niggling groin injury keeping the former Inter Milan ace sidelined in recent weeks.

And, after making a return to action as a second-half substitute at Arsenal on Tuesday, Emre was keen to rubbish newspaper reports which suggest he has been trying to manufacture a move away from Tyneside.

Instead, he insists that he is ready to fight for his place in Sam Allardyce's starting line-up.

"I broke my ankle in April and then got a small groin injury with Turkey and it has been a very frustrating five months," the 47-times capped star told Newcastle World TV.

"But I'm very happy to be back playing. Now I have to fight for my fitness and work hard in training which I have always done.

"Last season I was very confident and played well. I know when I play the supporters like me and I like them too very much.

"I know if I play well I will get chances and I am determined to do that.

"I saw them (the newspaper reports), but I did not say anything and I do not know why newspapers write things like that.

"I'm very happy to stay here and I have three more years on my contract.

"I like Newcastle and I like the supporters and I will always try my best when I play."

Emre is in the squad for the trip to Man City on Saturday with competition for places in United's midfield really hotting up.

But the former Galatasary youngster feels that that strength-in-depth is key to the Geordies' success this season.

"We have a big squad now and that is important," he added.

"I think we are a good team away from home now and the Man City game is big because we are close in the league.

"We have to forget about Arsenal and show the spirit we did against West Ham."

Guest Patrokles

One of the UPS guys here is Turkish and I was wearing my Newcastle training top when I got out of bed to answer the door the other day. He was talking about Emre, though he was a Fenerbache fan. He reckons all the paper talk was complete fabrication and apparently there were ridiculous rumours about Emre messing around with the daughter of the Galatasary president, etc.

One of the UPS guys here is Turkish and I was wearing my Newcastle training top when I got out of bed to answer the door the other day. He was talking about Emre, though he was a Fenerbache fan. He reckons all the paper talk was complete fabrication and apparently there were ridiculous rumours about Emre messing around with the daughter of the Galatasary president, etc.

Wouldn't suprise me, there's been persistent rumours he's a horny little, racist Muslim

Wouldn't suprise me, there's been persistent rumours he's a horny little racist.

FYP. Him being a Muslim isn't a rumour and it has nothing to do with the other three.

Wouldn't suprise me, there's been persistent rumours he's a horny little racist.

FYP. Him being a Muslim isn't a rumour and it has nothing to do with the other three.

Wrong! It was a vicious rumour i started, he's actually a Jehovah's witness