Official Match thread: Man Citeh Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more disapointed by the result and the team selection than I am about the performance, apart from two or three shite performances, I don't think we played all that bad.

Same here tbh. We were just average.

:icon_lol: fucking rose tinted!

wake up cocker!

I'm more disapointed by the result and the team selection than I am about the performance, apart from two or three shite performances, I don't think we played all that bad.

wake up cocker!

:blush:

:razz:

twat!

wake up cocker!

:blush:

:razz:

twat!

Have you resorted to calling yerself names now? :blush:

Not a good game tbh.

And i hate how every one raves on about city all the time and pretends they didnt slag off Sven as England manager,

PS.

Porstmouth 7-4 reading - :icon_lol:

I still think Man City under Sven might be more Sunderland under Reid than Man U/Arsenal/Chelski.

He's spent a fair bit and is doing well, but there's a whole season to go and then a lot more after that.

We were certainly like jazzmen of the football pitch when we finished 11th in Sir Bob's first full season in charge.

Yes but at least we were playing good football, i'd rather be entertained and finish 11th than watch painful crap like we have the last few seasons.

At least you knew we were heading in the right direction as the 4th, 3rd, 5th places proved the following seasons.

I just hope Sam can prove us wrong but how many times have we said that in the last few years?

Playmakers should be his only concern in January and get some decent wingers as Milner and Zoggy do more bad things than good

Hey i'd be happy as hell if i'm proved wrong but what i've seen so far is second rate stuff.

Some people have short memories then. Second rate compared to Arsenal, not so much compared to the football of the last two seasons.

We've been second rate to alot of teams other than Arsenal! Villa, Derby, Man C etc All have looked better organised, we've just ridden our luck.

I want to see good football from the off not the crap we've seen for the last 4 seasons, and I was hoping we'd see a big change but it's not arrived yet.

Look at Sven and how city are playing? Exactly the same situation as us, New owners , New manager and alot of new faces!

But you can already see how they are responding to his coaching and direction. Big Sam has brought in new faces but nothing new going forward from when Roeder was here.(In terms of quality service from the wide areas) Look at KK and Bobby both started off playing good stuff and they were here for the long term, Where Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, and Roeder's football did nothing to amaze me in the slightest and I think Sam's started in the same vein as them.

Fuck right off :icon_lol:

To which bit? :razz:

Hey i'd be happy as hell if i'm proved wrong but what i've seen so far is second rate stuff.

Some people have short memories then. Second rate compared to Arsenal, not so much compared to the football of the last two seasons.

We've been second rate to alot of teams other than Arsenal! Villa, Derby, Man C etc All have looked better organised, we've just ridden our luck.

I want to see good football from the off not the crap we've seen for the last 4 seasons, and I was hoping we'd see a big change but it's not arrived yet.

Look at Sven and how city are playing? Exactly the same situation as us, New owners , New manager and alot of new faces!

But you can already see how they are responding to his coaching and direction. Big Sam has brought in new faces but nothing new going forward from when Roeder was here.(In terms of quality service from the wide areas) Look at KK and Bobby both started off playing good stuff and they were here for the long term, Where Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, and Roeder's football did nothing to amaze me in the slightest and I think Sam's started in the same vein as them.

Fuck right off :icon_lol:

To which bit? :blush:

Sorry, I got as far as the second paragraph so I didn't read most of your post. I think I mistook you for @yourservice :razz:

We were certainly like jazzmen of the football pitch when we finished 11th in Sir Bob's first full season in charge.

Yes but at least we were playing good football, i'd rather be entertained and finish 11th than watch painful crap like we have the last few seasons.

At least you knew we were heading in the right direction as the 4th, 3rd, 5th places proved the following seasons.

I just hope Sam can prove us wrong but how many times have we said that in the last few years?

Playmakers should be his only concern in January and get some decent wingers as Milner and Zoggy do more bad things than good

To be fair to Matt, that first season under Robson was dirge. What makes you think we're not going to make strides over the next three seasons?

To be fair to Matt, that first season under Robson was dirge. What makes you think we're not going to make strides over the next three seasons?

Err the shite i've witnessed since the start of the season!

And I remember Robson's 1st season and we played some good stuff overall, better than were playing at this point!

Anyway i'm waiting to see if Barton makes the difference!

And I remember Robson's 1st season and we played some good stuff overall, better than were playing at this point!

If I'd said to you at the start of the season that by the end of september, we'd be a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand but the football had been a bit hit and miss I bet you'd have had my hand off.

If I'd said to you at the start of the season that by the end of september, we'd be a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand but the football had been a bit hit and miss I bet you'd have had my hand off.

Surely we'd be assuming that Chelsea were in the top 2 though? What's the point in comparing us to a team who are doing much worse than they should be?

If I said to you by the end of September we'd be five points behind Man City, would you have took my hand off?

The point is people are making out its doom & gloom and we've had a dreadful start to the season, when the facts show we haven't.

Perhaps not dreadful doctor but not looking too good if you look at the chart.

Patient Newcastle.

Played 7 league games

In 9th place.

11 points out of a possible 21.

Won 2 at home.

Drawn 1 at home.

Goals for at home 4

Goals against at home 1

Won 1 away.

Lost 2 away.

Drawn 1 away.

Goals for away 6

Goals against away 7.

Lost 2 - 0 away in Carling Cup.

I believe the patient needs a shot, I suggest the bum.

11 points from 7 games is 1.57 points per game, which over the course of a season would get us 59 points, which last season would put us in sixth place, a point behind Spurs in fifth. Obviously this is quite a rough estimate and we haven't played any of the 'Big Four' but we have played one of the form teams (Citeh) and only one of the promoted sides (Derby), but I'd take a top six finish this year!

Isn't that what Sven brought into Man City (among other things)?

But a quality attacking/playmaking midfielder is something we've really needed for 2-3 seasons now.

Edited by Fop

I really can't wait till we shed supporters of the likes of BONTEMPI. Total fantasists, should gan support Chelsea really.
"If I was BS i'd get shot of Milner and Zoggy in Jan!

They just will never be good enough, so we may as well cash in!

Everytime either of them get in a good position, they just hit and hope instead of trying to pick a player out, it's so frustrating!

We need wingers with real pace and the ability to whip great balls in, because were flogging a dead horse with these two"

"Knew we'd get found out by a good side!

The depressing thing is it's a f****** reserve side!

f****** s**** the lot of them"

Poor fella does love a knee jerk.

Edited by Scy

Why is the concept that this is a transition season (yes, yet another one) so difficult for some people. We've changed half the side ffs. There are so many impatient know-nowts following this club.

elano05vx0qr7.gif !!!!

... <_<

Who was the moron who said Given should have saved that? Melano couldn't have placed ball closer to the top corner if he'd been standing next to the post on a step ladder FFS. Given did amazingly well to get that close, another six inches or so and he've got a glove to it.