Official Match thread: Man Citeh Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky to be going in at half time level, very disapointed with Smith, his play has been sloppy as has Geremi, Butt is lucky to still be on the pitch in my opinion.

Superb goal by Martins with a brilliant touch! We don't look too bad up front but are getting murdered in midfield and at the back. We are rendering possession far too easily and our organisation of the back four isn't really up to it today. The goal was clearly Beye's fault when there was no need to leave his man unmarked. Fair play to the Zog though who looks like having to play on the whole left flank on his own...

Butt is lucky to still be on the pitch in my opinion.

Are you refering to that tackle early on?

If so, I actually think the ref was right not to give a booking. It looked bad but it was one of those sliding along the player then trying to nick the ball rather than laying straight into Mpenza.

Sam needs to kick some ass at half time, we're getting leathered in midfield, Smith should be took off imo, Emre brought on.

Butt needs to calm down too.

Agreed

Milner, Geremi, Butt and Smith in midfield just doesn't work.
I think it's Viduka up front with Martins and Milner on the wings and Smith, Geremi and Butt in the middle, which works better imo.

I think we've not done too bad. City have looked pretty good, so I think 1-1 is a fair result at half-time and not one we would be disappointed with if we'd scored second.

It's the predictability of the midfield battle that is most annoying right now tbh. Was clear with players like Elano and Petrov they were going to run at us, yet nothing really seems to have been put into place to counter this.