Jimbo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrov does not look like he should be that fast. <_<

Glad Spurs never got him!

Upset with the defeat but was not expecting more than a draw away to Man City in the first place.

elano05vx0qr7.gif !!!!

... <_<

Who was the moron who said Given should have saved that? Melano couldn't have placed ball closer to the top corner if he'd been standing next to the post on a step ladder FFS. Given did amazingly well to get that close, another six inches or so and he've got a glove to it.

That would be our board's bigger than average straight edge soldier blaming the fact he moved the other way initially.

But fucking hell what the ball, at first it moves to the right and then moves back. It's no wonder Given moved the way he did at first!

It is a pretty sick free kick. It's so perfectly deposited into the corner.... Elano probably couldnt replicate it with such perfection if tried another 100 odd times.

<_<

<_< What?

Probably the most annoying word when used in that context.

How can it be good if you call it sick!?

"You're well sick man!", someone said to me the other night... Umm, cheers! :blink:

elano05vx0qr7.gif !!!!

... :blink:

Who was the moron who said Given should have saved that? Melano couldn't have placed ball closer to the top corner if he'd been standing next to the post on a step ladder FFS. Given did amazingly well to get that close, another six inches or so and he've got a glove to it.

I'm a believer that the wall is there to cover one side and anything on the keeper's side is his responsibility and from that distance is savable. If Given hadn't taken a step in the other direction I think he could've stopped it.

p.s. Harper would've saved it. <_<

Edited by ewerk

No keeper would have saved that, unless he was standing directly underneath where the ball went in to start with. FACT!

Given had to move initially to his left in case the ball was being directed over the wall and to the opposite side of the goal. What Given did was good goalkeeping.

Good free kick that, as someone said, probably could only be replicated 2 times out of every ten - at most!

elano05vx0qr7.gif !!!!

... :blink:

I'm a believer that the wall is there to cover one side and anything on the keeper's side is his responsibility and from that distance is savable. If Given hadn't taken a step in the other direction I think he could've stopped it.

p.s. Harper would've saved it. <_<

The ball initially went to Given's left, so his reactions were sound. Funny thing was that if he'd reacted slower he might have saved it, although I wouldn't advocate a 'wait and see' approach to defending free kicks struck like a thunderbolt! He did nothing wrong IMO, just unlucky really.