Official Match thread: Man Citeh Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

Simple facts for all to see:

Smith is not a midfielder

N'Zogbia is not a Left back

Butt is shite more often than not

Geremi is fucking shite

Taylor is little more than a white Titus Bramble.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see this season is that given a chance to gel, we will see a lot more solid defence (especially with Faye/Cacapa instead of Taylor) but until the midfield can be enhanced in January I think we'll rarely "turn it on" away from home and against sides with a bit of flair like Man City will struggle. I think we'll do well at home.

I hope Barton does make as much a difference as people hope but I feel we need more than just him.

Simple facts for all to see:

Smith is not a midfielder

N'Zogbia is not a Left back

Butt is shite more often than not

Geremi is fucking shite

Taylor is little more than a white Titus Bramble.

The thing with Geremi is that I thought after losing Parker it would mean the end of someone whose idea of a pass is to hit the ball in the general direction of a random shirt. Geremi has proved me wrong on that.

Substitute "Geordie" for "White" and that's how I've described Taylor since day one. Faye is better.

Petrov and Elano: exactly the type of midfield players we lack, you can stuff Geremi and Smith up your arse.

Especially Smith... both ends of the "Attacking Midfield" spectrum him and Elano.... Smith has just been stroling around all game.

Smith's been nonexistent, Butt's been atrocious (horrific tackle early on, and a deliberate foul on Petrov in front of the ref that surely merited a yellow) and yet the one time Geremi's looking vaguely decent, it's him comes off.

Big Sam's tactics as of late have been less than satisfactory, he must realize that buying the players is just the first step.

Any thoughts on the number of times Martins' poor touches have surrendered possession, broken up an attack and led to a dangerous counter?

Think you could say that about most of our team! Butt and Smith stand out the most.

If this is Big Sams way then he can keep it! And why have we still got the shite coaches from last season there? We just look like a sub standard mid table side nothing more.

Yes Bartons got to come back but can you really see him making up for the shite we've been watching since Sam's taken over.

Yep, to all the twats out there that have been calling for taylor to be a first choice centre half, I hope you watched that game and realised the errors of your ways!

Oh and can anyone explain to me how martins can control a ball like he did for the goal and then proceed to let everything else bounce four feet in front of him off his shin?

The way I see this season is that given a chance to gel, we will see a lot more solid defence (especially with Faye/Cacapa instead of Taylor) but until the midfield can be enhanced in January I think we'll rarely "turn it on" away from home and against sides with a bit of flair like Man City will struggle. I think we'll do well at home.

I hope Barton does make as much a difference as people hope but I feel we need more than just him.

I pretty much agree. I guess this season will very much be an up and down of performances. City have started well, so losing there isn't the end of the world. Still, there are some serious shortcoming in the abilities of various players and it will take much more time for the team to work together than I thought it would be the case.

Barton will make some difference, because it can't be as poor as having the likes of Smith playing there. Also moving N'Zogbia into midfield will hopefully make a difference with at least some creativity and pace coming to our play. Ideally also Duff will make a difference in case he can get fit and in form.

Petrov and Elano: exactly the type of midfield players we lack, you can stuff Geremi and Smith up your arse.

Especially Smith... both ends of the "Attacking Midfield" spectrum him and Elano.... Smith has just been stroling around all game.

Smith's been nonexistent, Butt's been atrocious (horrific tackle early on, and a deliberate foul on Petrov in front of the ref that surely merited a yellow) and yet the one time Geremi's looking vaguely decent, it's him comes off.

Big Sam's tactics as of late have been less than satisfactory, he must realize that buying the players is just the first step.

Any thoughts on the number of times Martins' poor touches have surrendered possession, broken up an attack and led to a dangerous counter?

Actually I thought that Martins and Milner provided the only energy in this game. And I believe the game was lost in midfield although the defence was pretty shocking too, which is why I focused on them.

Next match:

GK: Given

RB: Beye

CB: Rozy/Cacapa

LB: Sanchez

RW: Milner

CM: Barton/Butt

LW: N'Zogbia

ST: Martins/Viduka

bench:

Harper, Taylor, Faye, Geremi, Smith (SMITH as striker not mid)

You heard it here first :icon_lol:

Oh and can anyone explain to me how martins can control a ball like he did for the goal and then proceed to let everything else bounce four feet in front of him off his shin?

He's inconsistent. Do I win a prize? :icon_lol:

He's inconsistent. Do I win a prize? :icon_lol:

Yes you win a big load of fucking nothing!

edit: oh and thanks again for the help earlier obagol

Edited by sammynb

Actually I thought that Martins and Milner provided the only energy in this game. And I believe the game was lost in midfield although the defence was pretty shocking too, which is why I focused on them.

You know that's not what I asked, though, right?

GK: Given

RB: Beye

CB: Rozy/Cacapa

LB: Sanchez

RW: Milner

CM: Barton/Butt

LW: N'Zogbia

ST: Martins/Viduka

bench:

Harper, Taylor, Faye, Geremi, Smith (SMITH as striker not mid)

Surely that's got to be the obvious choice of a set up! Praying this is how we line up against Everton.

Absolute shite!

Whats the difference from last season in our play to this one?cause I'm fucked if i can see it,the players he's brought in might have looked good on paper compared to the one's he let go,but i can't see the difference here like.

Can't even control a fucking football never mind pass it,and the same faces are still there in Terry Mac and Pearson with Clark as fucking reserve team coach,ffs i thought the fat man was gonna change the setup?tbh i don't think he knows what system is best for the players he's brought in and the players themselves don't know what job they have to on the pitch.

fucking shambles of a team.

How many people still think Milner will ever be good enough for a top 4 or even top 6 side btw?

Shame like; good, honest, hard working player, so inconsistent with his final pass.

Absolute shite!

Whats the difference from last season in our play to this one?cause I'm fucked if i can see it,the players he's brought in might have looked good on paper compared to the one's he let go,but i can't see the difference here like.

Can't even control a fucking football never mind pass it,and the same faces are still there in Terry Mac and Pearson with Clark as fucking reserve team coach,ffs i thought the fat man was gonna change the setup?tbh i don't think he knows what system is best for the players he's brought in and the players themselves don't know what job they have to on the pitch.

fucking shambles of a team.

Massive kneejerk written by a massive twat

Edited by Skol

How many people still think Milner will ever be good enough for a top 4 or even top 6 side btw?

Shame like; good, honest, hard working player, so inconsistent with his final pass.

I have always thought he was over rated. Happens all too often with English/British players who run at the opposition..