Why didn't Emre start today?

Dr Gloom

Surely he should start ahead of one of smith, Geremi or Butt? we threatened at times today but it was mostly down the flanks. There was NO creativity or forward runs from central midfield. If we're going to continue with a 4-3-3, one of those 3 has to be dropped for the next game to make way for Emre or eventually barton. If we move to a 4-4-2, Zoggy should start at left wing and Enrique in at left back with Smith on the bench where he belongs.

Are you the actual DrG from the website?

Pretty sure it's the artist formerly known as Dan btw.

And I agree, I would have expected Emre to at least be introduced in the second half.

Has Emre been any different to Smith in the past?

in fts and starts. one thing, he hasn't been as consistently rubbish and at least offers something in terms of creativity, unlike our current midfield cloggers

because i'm lazy. why do you care?

Because it's annoying.

get a grip matt

Not having a go... Was just curious, you do what you want. Just that from a personal perspective it makes your posts more annoying to read.

Why do you never capitalise the first letter of players' names? :icon_lol:

Are you the actual DrG from the website?

because i'm lazy. why do you care?

and, no.

Not good enough, never has been, never will be, is merely pretending to be something he's not!

The real Gloomy is a legend.

Oh and Emre for all his promise and potential, that he hasn't delivered, do we really want to wasting our hope on him?

in fts and starts. one thing, he hasn't been as consistently rubbish and at least offers something in terms of creativity, unlike our current midfield cloggers

Really?

Yes. I remember him having the odd good game for us. Smith is yet to have one

Really?

Really.

A midfield of him and Butt performed better than anything else we've put out there since 2004/05.

I wonder how long Allardyce can continue with the negative midfield of Smith, Butt and Geremi?

Really?

Really.

A midfield of him and Butt performed better than anything else we've put out there since 2004/05.

I wonder how long Allardyce can continue with the negative midfield of Smith, Butt and Geremi?

Occasionally.

Ok, even I think that Emre is on paper the normally better midfield player. I also don't rate Smith very much and said so in the past. I also would play Emre ahead of Smith in central Midfield (as on the wing Emre has been totally shite himself). But I do think that a lot of performances of Emre in the past were of the very same standard of what Smith is producing at the moment. Late tacklings, yellow cards and loads of misplaced passes with hardly any positive contribution to the game. Hopefully Barton is fit next week and we see neither in the first team.

We lost today because so called defensive midfielders went missing at the crucial times. No amount of short arsed Turkish wasters would have fixed that.

Yes but look at the table! :icon_lol:

What? What's your point?

We lost today because so called defensive midfielders went missing at the crucial times. No amount of short arsed Turkish wasters would have fixed that.

What? What's your point?

i think he is trying to say that we are a hell of a lot better now than we have been since sir bob got sacked....give the man a chance...he has only been here a few month and imo we have a much stronger side...we are normaly looking up the table this time of year.....this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

What? What's your point?

i think he is trying to say that we are a hell of a lot better now than we have been since sir bob got sacked....give the man a chance...he has only been here a few month and imo we have a much stronger side...we are normaly looking up the table this time of year.....this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

See the match thread, you've got it the wrong way round son. :razz:

What? What's your point?

See the match thread, you've got it the wrong way round son. :razz:

my opinion mate............and son ffs how old are you 70