Why didn't Emre start today?

Dr Gloom

We lost today because so called defensive midfielders went missing at the crucial times. No amount of short arsed Turkish wasters would have fixed that.

Yes but look at the table! :icon_lol:

What? What's your point?

i think he is trying to say that we are a hell of a lot better now than we have been since sir bob got sacked....give the man a chance...he has only been here a few month and imo we have a much stronger side...we are normaly looking up the table this time of year.....this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

See the match thread, you've got it the wrong way round son. :razz:

my opinion mate............and son ffs how old are you 70

Do you even know what I'm on about?

We lost today because so called defensive midfielders went missing at the crucial times. No amount of short arsed Turkish wasters would have fixed that.

What? What's your point?

i think he is trying to say that we are a hell of a lot better now than we have been since sir bob got sacked....give the man a chance...he has only been here a few month and imo we have a much stronger side...we are normaly looking up the table this time of year.....this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

do i have have to read the whole 9 pages?...if i do i couldnt give a fuk what your on about tbh

What? What's your point?

I think he's a little confused :blush:

What? What's your point?

do i have have to read the whole 9 pages?...if i do i couldnt give a fuk what your on about tbh

Well don't comment then. Cheers.

Has Emre been any different to Smith in the past?

in fts and starts. one thing, he hasn't been as consistently rubbish and at least offers something in terms of creativity, unlike our current midfield cloggers

Really?

Really.

A midfield of him and Butt performed better than anything else we've put out there since 2004/05.

I wonder how long Allardyce can continue with the negative midfield of Smith, Butt and Geremi?

Occasionally.

Ok, even I think that Emre is on paper the normally better midfield player. I also don't rate Smith very much and said so in the past. I also would play Emre ahead of Smith in central Midfield (as on the wing Emre has been totally shite himself). But I do think that a lot of performances of Emre in the past were of the very same standard of what Smith is producing at the moment. Late tacklings, yellow cards and loads of misplaced passes with hardly any positive contribution to the game. Hopefully Barton is fit next week and we see neither in the first team.

True but at least he occasionally offers something going forward, unlike Smith, Geremi and Butt

................ this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

This is where I seem to be poles apart from the opinions of many people.

I believe that if you bring in a large contingent of of players who have a lot of high-level experience yoo should expect to see rapid improvement.

The addition of Geremi, Beye, Cacapa, Rozenhall, Faye, Smith, Viduka, Enrique, should be showing almost immediate improvement after replacing Carr, Bramble, Babayaro, Sibierski, Parker, Solano, and Dyer.

Three losses, two draws, combined with letting in ten goals in the first eight games does not set my heart racing with excitement.

And anyway, I might not be around in one or two years time, every day above ground is a good day for me, so I want them to get off the pot NOW. :icon_lol:

If we're playing 4-3-3, I'd like to see a midfield trio of Emre, Faye, Geremi. Would offer far more balance and vision than Smith, Butt, Geremi. With Zog up top with Martins and Viduka.

Also, Geremi's ball to Martins was undeniably quality, and I think he has played alright these past couple of games and Sam has been wrong to bring him off instead of Smith or Butt IMO. Geremi on the right of a 4-3-3 linking with Beye and Martins with Emre/Milner, Zog and Enrique doing the same down the left would bring far more creativity and natural balance to the side for me.

................ this job cant be sorted out in a year or even two...its gonna take time

This is where I seem to be poles apart from the opinions of many people.

I believe that if you bring in a large contingent of of players who have a lot of high-level experience yoo should expect to see rapid improvement.

The addition of Geremi, Beye, Cacapa, Rozenhall, Faye, Smith, Viduka, Enrique, should be showing almost immediate improvement after replacing Carr, Bramble, Babayaro, Sibierski, Parker, Solano, and Dyer.

Three losses, two draws, combined with letting in ten goals in the first eight games does not set my heart racing with excitement.

And anyway, I might not be around in one or two years time, every day above ground is a good day for me, so I want them to get off the pot NOW. :icon_lol:

Beye, Cacapa, Rozehnal and Enrique haven't played in this league before, Enrique is still young and developing. Viduka had a slow start but after the international break is showing what he is capable of. Sometimes teams take time to gel, we are playing with a fairly uncreative midfield due to injuries/giving players time to settle in. Its no surprise to me at least we haven't instantly transformed from a team a couple of wins away from relegation to a team who will beat everyone we play comfortably.