New Owner, new Manager,

Noelie

And before anyone starts making out Dyer to be some sort of paragon of creative midfield play lets not forget that he's injured at the moment, just like he has been for most of the last five years. We were lucky to get six decent performances a year out of him.

The difference is a whole load of new players.

We need time to gel, and this season I don't expect us to be challenging up high in the league, give the new lads time, give Big Sam time, he's proven to be a good manager, unlike Roeder and Souness.

It'll take a while to gel, it won't happen over a few weeks time.

Hate sourmess, but what do you base that on? By the way I hate big sam 9although I want to be proved wrong)

New owner, new manager, new players & new shirts but...

...same fickle, ungrateful, impatient idiot supporters.

Big Sam out on N-O. I shit you not <_<

Glen?

Ruud

Ruud would have mentioned The Curse.

Glen?

Ruud

Ruud would have mentioned The Curse.

Can I interest anyone in a shmoke and a cursed pancake?

Big Sam out on N-O. I shit you not <_<

Boss at work reckons that's been the crack on Leg-ends for the past couple of weeks.

is the way forward....new manager every season?or even every 5 month as some would like

If you can't get through two managers a season you'll never win anything. <_<

Big sam is still the man for the job.

in the games weve played so far this season - how many different players have played in defence and in goal?

smith is a decent player but outt of neccessity he is being played in midfield.

if smith was never purchased, who would be playing in his place? faye? pattinson? would results be any different?

we still have barton, emre and duff to return, not to mention zoggy who is being played in defence. these are attacking options we dont really have at the moment.

theres also our permantly injured english show pony.

Whats changed?

The club has a chance of realising its potential - thats whats changed.

if smith wasn't purchased we could have used the £6m on a player we actually needed.

as regard to n'zogbia, it seems sam prefers him as a left back over the £6M spaniard adn would rather go with 3 cloggers in midfield instead of lining up with width.

the sky pundits were spot on yesterday - if you play 4-3-3, you need one of your 3 central midfielders to support the front man. i imagined smith might do that job but so far none of them are doing it

smith was needed - perhaps not specifically HIM, but we arguably needed a versatile forward capable of playing in several positions.

it would appear that enrique isnt settling in as quickly as some of our other buys so big sam is easing him in very gently and is having to play zoggy in that position - and zoggy has done very well considering.

Except Smith can't play in several positions to a standard you would expect from a player signed for £6 million.

Ameobi had a good game on the left wing when we beat Arsenal under Souness but I wouldn't say he was capable of playing in several positions.

Smith's contribution in midfield is around the same as Amdy Faye's when he was here, he has no attributes to play there whatsoever.