Newcastle World

Tom

As an exile (last year of exile though <_<) i cant even get good radio so if its not on the telly im pretty much fucked.

Is there a one off payment option on world or something?

Is it worth getting?

As a fellow exile I had it last season for about £20 and got rid because i only ever used ot for he radio link - which i got before I subscribed to NW. The radio link doesnt work now as you need your login details from NW so I'm thinking of getting it again.

I know what you mean matt but when you live in Newcastle and you can listen to Radio Newcastle on match day you're alright.

When I had it last season I used to watch some of the video interviews (the interviewer just got too cringeworthy though) but in the end I only used it for the radio link. When it's your only means of reliably (well, mostly) listening to the match it's worth the £11. When they sent me the reminder to renew and told me it would be £35 I told them to get fooked.

Might sign up again, but if they try to charge me £35 I dunno <_<

I know what you mean matt but when you live in Newcastle and you can listen to Radio Newcastle on match day you're alright.

I live in France though. It's actually easier to get video streams than audio ones I find. All radio coverage is blocked off to people overseas.

I live in France though. It's actually easier to get video streams than audio ones I find. All radio coverage is blocked off to people overseas.

Well that's fooked that argument then hasn't it <_<

Its only 18 pounds this year. I signed up last year when it was 12 pounds for the same reason to get the radio link when the games are on.

Im curious, did they not try to charge you £35? Or did you cancel then resubscribe at £18.

When I had it last season I used to watch some of the video interviews (the interviewer just got too cringeworthy though) but in the end I only used it for the radio link. When it's your only means of reliably (well, mostly) listening to the match it's worth the £11. When they sent me the reminder to renew and told me it would be £35 I told them to get fooked.

Might sign up again, but if they try to charge me £35 I dunno <_<

I've set it to annual renewal and they are only charging me 12 quid for this season as well. I'd consider cancelling the subscription if they up the price vastly, but I've no problem with paying 1-2 quid a month to get the radio commentary for those few games I am unable to watch on TV or via streams.

Edited by Isegrim

Its only 18 pounds this year. I signed up last year when it was 12 pounds for the same reason to get the radio link when the games are on.

Im curious, did they not try to charge you £35? Or did you cancel then resubscribe at £18.

I had all ready cancelled by mistake anyways. However the emails I got sent to me said that it was going to cost 35 pounds for this year but then when it came to the end of July I think it was only 18pounds.

Proxy servers are your friend. Try FoxyProxy for firefox for easy management (apparently).

Tom - the service is shite, and their customer service don't give a shite. Hopefully Ashley intends to sort out that kind of thing.

[quote name='MattM4' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:10 AM' post='388582'

................................. All radio coverage is blocked off to people overseas.

There is truth in that, I've tried to get commentaries on BBC Radio 5 and it always indicates it's available only to UK listeners.

Proxy servers are your friend. Try FoxyProxy for firefox for easy management (apparently).

Yeah I know there are ways around... just sayng it's even easier to actually watch it which is great, Internet these days certainly is a god send for all fans really (not only in foreign contries). Been able to watch almost every game of the past 2 seasons live.

................................. All radio coverage is blocked off to people overseas.

There is truth in that, I've tried to get commentaries on BBC Radio 5 and it always indicates it's available only to UK listeners.

I was fairly convinced Matt was trying to pull a fast one there. Thanks for clearing that up.