What loaf of bread do you buy?

Glasgow Mag

What's your favourite loaf? Mine is Warburtons Seeded Batch. Used to love Mighty White when I were a nipper - can't seem to find it anywhere these days. Does anyone eat the ends of the loaf?

I'm about to put some hummus on my toast for late night snack, just in from work and don't want a full dinner.

Firstly, hummus belongs nowhere near bread, or anything else thats destined for your mouth.

As for kinds of bread, we get stoneground. Oh and aye, I eat the ends, makes lush toast.

What's your favourite loaf? Mine is Warburtons Seeded Batch. Used to love Mighty White when I were a nipper - can't seem to find it anywhere these days. Does anyone eat the ends of the loaf?

I'm about to put some hummus on my toast for late night snack, just in from work and don't want a full dinner.

Can still get Mighty White in Tesco's

I thought the "end bits" are called crusts? or is that just me

'End Bits' are crusts IMO although I have had debates in the past with people who say they're called 'toppers' and that 'crusts' are only the edging around a slice - WTF??

I tend to buy whatever bread is on offer but at the moment am liking Warburton's Thick Sliced Toastie...

Oh and hummus with pitta bread is yum... <_<

'End Bits' are crusts IMO although I have had debates in the past with people who say they're called 'toppers' and that 'crusts' are only the edging around a slice - WTF??

I suppose both the end bits and the edgings are "crusts". Although I'd probably call the end bits "end bits" too, if only to differentiate from the edgings - "do you want the crusts or shall I chuck them out?" does sound a bit like you're offering people the bits of your sandwich you won't eat because you're secretly still an 8-year-old.

Speaking of which: Invisible Crust bread? Fuck off man.

Anyway, as for what I buy, it's all about whatever wholemeal-bread-with-bits-in has the longest best before date. The "longevity" method of shopping, bloke-style.

I suppose both the end bits and the edgings are "crusts". Although I'd probably call the end bits "end bits" too, if only to differentiate from the edgings - "do you want the crusts or shall I chuck them out?" does sound a bit like you're offering people the bits of your sandwich you won't eat because you're secretly still an 8-year-old.

Speaking of which: Invisible Crust bread? Fuck off man.

Anyway, as for what I buy, it's all about whatever wholemeal-bread-with-bits-in has the longest best before date. The "longevity" method of shopping, bloke-style.

I'd say on the whole though you do tend to get more longevity out of the old wholemeal bread.

Pumpkin bread was always a real winner from Bakers Delight here.... however i generally have wheat bread if i have it around home. If not i go breadless and eat crumpets.

What is a milk loaf? I have this mental image of milk in bread... Looks like soggy wheatbixs.

Edited by wellsy

For the record, the best bread is Nutty Krust, unfortunately I don't think it's available outside of Ireland.

Quite nice. Fresh baked bread is the nicest though.

Pumpkin bread was always a real winner from Bakers Delight here.... however i generally have wheat bread if i have it around home. If not i go breadless and eat crumpets.

What is a milk loaf? I have this mental image of milk in bread... Looks like soggy wheatbixs.

The one's I've seen are round and about the size of a pint of milk, could be wrong though. Just like normal white bread tbh

The one's I've seen are round and about the size of a pint of milk, could be wrong though. Just like normal white bread tbh

It actually contains milk I think.