Beckham for Sunderland? Ho hee hee...

Scottish Mag

David Beckham has been offered a shock Premier League comeback by Roy Keane.

The Sunderland manager has sounded out his former Manchester United Treble-winning team-mate about a six-month loan switch to the Stadium of Light.

Keane wants to give Beckham the chance to play himself back into Steve McClaren's England squad ahead of Euro 2008 during the MLS close season, which starts next month.

Beckham has played just five games for new club LA Galaxy, who invested £128million in his signing.

Advertisement

Keane will face a battle to prize Beckham away from the United States given Galaxy's investment.

But the chance to stay fit and in the spotlight for McClaren could prove a temptation.

Beckham has a knee injury and his absence has coincided with Galaxy putting together a run of form that could see them reaching the play-offs.

Keane is trying to sell him the dream of being a new messiah in the North East by turning out in front of the passionate Sunderland fans.

Their former United pals Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole have already been snapped up by Keane, who believes Becks could help his inexperienced side climb away from the relegation zone.

<_<

Do people get paid to come up with this stuff? That sounds like a pretty easy job to me.

"Well, news is slow today, why don't I just make something up? BECKHAM JOINING SUNDERLAND, that's absurd enough, should convince some wallies..."

Do people get paid to come up with this stuff? That sounds like a pretty easy job to me.

"Well, news is slow today, why don't I just make something up? BECKHAM JOINING SUNDERLAND, that's absurd enough, should convince some wallies..."

To be fair, some people on the SMB were convinced they were signing van Nistelrooy and Scholes in the summer.

To be fair, some people on the SMB were convinced they were signing van Nistelrooy and Scholes in the summer.

Don't forget Forlan, he was nailed on from day one!

Duff was practically a Sunderland player before he picked up that injury.

Duff was practically a Sunderland player before he picked up that injury.

Along with Nugent and Baines!