Writers wanted

peasepud

Do you reckon you could write a piece for the site? maybe a match report, lead in to a game or a Toon hero write up like this one here > Peter Beardsley.

If so, send it in, we might use it then again Craig might wipe his arse on it <_<

You can PM whatever you have to one of the Admins or email it to admin@toontastic.net

I'd be interested if there were some degree of editorial process. I wrote for N-O, mainly to help myself get better at writing, the crafting of an article rather than just a tortuous stream of consciousness, but got nothing back other than "This is GREAT ©" which, like "I Love you", quickly loses it's potency.

I'd be interested if there were some degree of editorial process. I wrote for N-O, mainly to help myself get better at writing, the crafting of an article rather than just a tortuous stream of consciousness, but got nothing back other than "This is GREAT ©" which, like "I Love you", quickly loses it's potency.

You say that now fish but when you reach your lonely fourties, like mr hips, wacky and leaze you're going to be craving any attention to the point that, "do you have a fag?" will become your catchphrase.

Edited by sammynb

What about a Jam Doughnut for every article used? will that keep you interested?

You say that now fish but when you reach your lonely fourties, like mr hips, wacky and leaze you're going to be craving any attention to the point that, "do you have a fag?" will become your catchphrase.

*gives sammynb a slap to the back of the head*

Go on grandpa, give it your best

Fish if that worries you, you could always buy to many tickets for the spice girls to ensure your popularity <_<

Edited by sammynb

I'd do the odd one like. I can stand the piss-takers on here giving their verdict. I work better if someone gives me a title to work with, for some reason.

Edited by alex

Fish if that worries you, you could always buy to many tickets for the spice girls to ensure your popularity <_<

Once upon a time, sunshine, once upon a time.

Glad I didn't buy too many tickets for the spice girls either :blink: .

Glad I didn't buy too many tickets for the spice girls either <_< .

Actually I heard you bought two too many tickets to the concert, pops. :blink:

Glad I didn't buy too many tickets for the spice girls either <_< .

Actually I heard you bought two too many tickets to the concert, pops. :blink:

toot off, cleva clogs :icon_lol:

Guest stevieintoon
I'd do the odd one like. I can stand the piss-takers on here giving their verdict. I work better if someone gives me a title to work with, for some reason.

What do you mean "give their verdict" Alex? When I've written loads of articles in the past for all manner of publications, like the Beardsley one highlighted by pud, quite frankly you have to have the attitude that you know more about a given topic than 99% of other cunts, in this case invariably it's true <_< . Even if you don't fuck what people think, if they held any significant opinions they'd do it themselves anyway.

Peasepud I've told you, I'll write some articles for you, just give me a few weeks, am still settling in to my new role with my firm, and have less spare time.

What do you mean "give their verdict" Alex? When I've written loads of articles in the past for all manner of publications, like the Beardsley one highlighted by pud, quite frankly you have to have the attitude that you know more about a given topic than 99% of other cunts, in this case invariably it's true <_< . Even if you don't fuck what people think, if they held any significant opinions they'd do it themselves anyway.

Peasepud I've told you, I'll write some articles for you, just give me a few weeks, am still settling in to my new role with my firm, and have less spare time.

I was joking man!

I reckon Alex for editor, he should be able to give you the masochistic return you desire. <_<:blink:

I reckon Alex for editor, he should be able to give you the masochistic return you desire. <_<:blink:

I wouldn't have a problem with doing that as it happens. Don't mind proof-reading or offering some comments to stuff other people have done. Let's be honest, it's much easier than writing stuff from scratch. I've done the odd article for N-O and the reason I did it was because Parky invited me and he said he'd be acting as editor. Beforehand there was no editorial control and Chris (HTT) would more or less accept and publish anything. While this was a noble idea it didn't make for great articles in my opinion and anything decent got buried beneath the not so good stuff.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon

I wouldn't have a problem with doing that as it happens. Don't mind proof-reading or offering some comments to stuff other people have done. Let's be honest, it's much easier than writing stuff from scratch. I've done the odd article for N-O and the reason I did it was because Parky invited me and he said he'd be acting as editor. Beforehand there was no editorial control and Chris (HTT) would more or less accept and publish anything. While this was a noble idea it didn't make for great articles in my opinion and anything decent got buried beneath the not so good stuff.

I agree, so much shite, even the stuff now 90% isn't worth reading. The best they've got is the "who the fuck are ....." sections and all they are is copy and pastes off wikipedia.

I said I'd do some stuff for them before I was permanently banned for exposing their backstabbing of Rocker in the "VIP area", their loss not mine, am back on there now anyway under a different name. Fuck me it's shite noo, it's just borin compared to how it was. None of the good posters post as much.

I agree, so much shite, even the stuff now 90% isn't worth reading. The best they've got is the "who the fuck are ....." sections and all they are is copy and pastes off wikipedia.

I said I'd do some stuff for them before I was permanently banned for exposing their backstabbing of Rocker in the "VIP area", their loss not mine, am back on there now anyway under a different name. Fuck me it's shite noo, it's just borin compared to how it was. None of the good posters post as much.

Most of the articles are still unedited like. The Rants and Opinions Team <_< is geet select.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon

Most of the articles are still unedited like. The Rants and Opinions Team <_< is geet select.

I know. They have the basis of an excellent set up, but it's like Blyth Spartans players playing for Man Utd. The infrastructure is fantastic, but the most important thing the content is pish.

The problem is the admin, I met NSG last night who is clearly a top lad, they'd never met make him a mod or whatever, because it's a select group of cyber geeks, and he's met some of them and told me in the past that's exactly what they're like in person.

I've met Dave and Bluf. Canny lads to be fair.

I was thinking more local based.

I haven't got the strength for another board war Stevie <_< Did you know I turned down my VIP pass btw? First person in history I heard :blink:

Guest stevieintoon

In hindsight I shouldn't have bothered really, proper bitchfest, why not just say "you're a cunt" on the board far better than some gay private room for people to act like fuckin women.

Edited by stevieintoon

is there any appetite for an article on the failings of alan smith?

Or one about how long it'll be before XXXL Sam is driven out of the club by the whingers and moaners? If I hear him say 'I must be mad' about managing us one more time I will put 20p on him resigning before the end of the season.