Scottish Fitba

wykikitoon

Well, Well, its good times at the moment, let it continue.

If Scots Mag or Co can answer, why the change recently?

I think a major part of it has been the ridiculous transfer fees, many of the teams have ended up giving their youngsters a chance and whilst none of them are world beaters we certainly had a decent crop of players coming through. Rangers and Celtic also whilst not great are benefiting from having a large Scottish nucleus of players at both clubs (especially Rangers where Le Guens army of Jonny Foreigners were just not suited to the game).

The standard of football has also changed with several managers up here now trying to play decent football in particular Hibs and Yogi Hughes at Falkirk.

As for the international scene again I just think we have a decent crop coming through but I just hope with both Celtic and Rangers signing up a lot of the young talent they do not get wasted away on the bench but on the other hand with the European experience they gain at these clubs it can only be good for the national team. I still do not believe we will qualify for the Euros but this group of players with the exception of Weir could easily play for the national team for the next 5-6 years, even longer for some.

I got my tickets for the Ukraine game and cannot wait... <_<

I must admit normally I am quite content to see them both struggle in Europe but with so many of the national team playing for the Old Firm now both the experience of playing in these games and hopefully a belief that they are good enough to beat these sides can only be a good thing for the national side.

Glad to see Scotland winning. European Championships and more so the World Cup are both enhanced with Scottish sides fans involved. :lol:

Edited by Zathras

France's Euro 2008 qualifier against the Faroe Islands is in doubt after the squad's plane was unable to land because of bad weather on Friday.

The team plane, which was heading for Torshavn, had to be diverted to Norway.

Les Bleus will either fly to the Faroes on Saturday morning or take a ferry to fulfil the Group B fixture.

Uefa rules state that a team have to arrive at the match venue 24 hours before kick-off, which was scheduled for 1500 GMT on Saturday.

France are third in the group, one point adrift of second-placed Italy and two behind leaders Scotland.

I say give the three points to the Faroes if France don't get there :unsure: