This Place

Kid Dynamite

When did it become so shit. I joined here years ago because most people tended to know more about football than the average bloke sitting behind you on the terrace.

Then it merged with N-O and people started talking pure rubbish about newcastle so this place was set up to try and get the old vibe back.

Except this place somehow manages to be even shitter than N-O now. This isnt a huff cos its been going on for years, more just a observation, but it seems most people would be happy getting rid of every member bar the 20-30 in the 'gang'.

In which case its may as well become a private friends forum than an open internet forum to anyone supporting newcastle.

As soon as theres 3 or 4 new people posting people genuinely get their backs up and hound them out.

Its a shame cos this place was fun a few years ago.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. However I do not get the following..

As soon as theres 3 or 4 new people posting people genuinely get their backs up and hound them out.

Also as is always argued when this place is criticised I always highlight the point that the posters make the forum including the starting of threads. Thats the biggest problem on here, not enough people actually start topics rather than post full stop. We went through a phase a couple of months back where 2 or 3 of us actually made an effort to start several topics a day and the difference in posts and replys was plain to see, but the forum does need other than the usual suspects to get topics going.

That quote, if someone posts something slightly contorversial its usually met with

''I dont think this is a new poster, just crimson or some other WUM under a new name''

And the reason there are so few new posters is because when they post something thats disagreed with they have 10 replies saying how dense they are and their opinion is wrong, rather than cutting them some slack and understanding that not everyones opinion on things is the same.

The lack of new threads if a problem like, I can go 3/4 days without coming on here and find the same old threads on the first page of general chat.

I personally am not too interested in the Newcastle forum cos I have beliefs about football and NUFC that will never change and hearing other people's bollocks only irritates me.

One has to wonder why J69 sticks around when it's apparent he doesn't rate this place very much any longer and 95% of posters don't rate him very much either! <_< Surely there's a WWF forum he could join?

That quote, if someone posts something slightly contorversial its usually met with

''I dont think this is a new poster, just crimson or some other WUM under a new name''

And the reason there are so few new posters is because when they post something thats disagreed with they have 10 replies saying how dense they are and their opinion is wrong, rather than cutting them some slack and understanding that not everyones opinion on things is the same.

As I pointed out to you in the Owen Wilson thread this is something you yourself are more than guilty of.

And tbh Crimson and that other fud whose name has escaped me at the minute are the new posters the majority of the time.

I don't know how much it relates directly to the point in question, but I've always said that one of the simultaneous strengths and weaknesses of this place is precisely the fact that a lot of the most regular posters do know each other in real life and meet up on a (semi-)regular basis. It makes for good craic and is a lot healthier than the "OMG look at mi internet powerz" approach elsewhere, but - even if I don't agree that new posters' comments get stomped on in quite as brutal a manner as J69 suggests - I can totally see how the general atmosphere would be offputting for your average newcomer.

As I pointed out to you in the Owen Wilson thread this is something you yourself are more than guilty of.And tbh Crimson and that other fud whose name has escaped me at the minute are the new posters the majority of the time.

But i started that thread? I posted my opininon first and like always, the immediate 5,6 posts after were telling me my opininon was wrong.

I don't think it needs people to start loads of shit threads just for the sake of having a new subject up, just that when you start a subject, people need to treat it as a thread they own and try to reply to any responses given. Not just post a story and bugger off.

In the past I've started threads that got few responses, while others posted the same subject later and got loads of responses, I don't agree that it's a clique or a case of hounding out newbies, I think I just started a thread and fucked off, so the debate petered out because the few people that were good enough to respond got nowt back off the original poster. If your thread gets hijacked and goes off on a tangent, fair enough.

Anyone who comes on without getting a feel for the place by lurking for a while, and can't accept a bit of piss taking (which everyone gives and takes) as a result, needs to look at their approach, rather than that of the regulars.

Think thats a load of old turd tbh. When I started posting (must be about 5 years ago or so now) I had Li3nZ and Blaydon on my back cos I was 'new'. I just thought it came with the territory tbh and it's no different nowadays.

Too much made about the gang/clique mentality etc iyam. Don't think theres any genuine malice on here and I have a lot of time for the newbies old skool alike.

Aye but if these newcomers had owt about them they have a pop back and stick around. I remember when Wacky first introduced me to Hawaythetoon in the days of SupaSimonWood, my first dozen posts or so nearly brought the place to it's knees and Simon was threatening to pack it all in. Now that's an entrance!!

The newcomers need to grow some balls imo.

Think thats a load of old turd tbh. When I started posting (must be about 5 years ago or so now) I had Li3nZ and Blaydon on my back cos I was 'new'. I just thought it came with the territory tbh and it's no different nowadays.

Too much made about the gang/clique mentality etc iyam. Don't think theres any genuine malice on here and I have a lot of time for the newbies old skool alike.

In forums like this there is banter all round IMO. We all know what people like Gem, SMO, Keith etc are like and yeh we have grown together, I have been posting for about 6-7 years now and check on here lots.

I dont think we need to start threads for the sake of it, but like HF says lets keep the threads alive etc.

Tahts my two penneth

Now see, this is the point in the thread at which you could note that either [a] J69 has been told his opinion is "wrong", wah wah waaah, or we're having a decent little discussion using his opinion as a springboard. It's all in the perception.

Guest stevieintoon
I personally am not too interested in the Newcastle forum cos I have beliefs about football and NUFC that will never change and hearing other people's bollocks only irritates me.

That is exactly how I feel on every Newcastle board I read, however it's refreshing reading some people with really interesting new idea's and theories, unfortunately this about as rare as a teenage mackem lass without an orange face.

I like talking about the past more than the present, because I just shake my head at 90% of posts about the present, but unfortunately very few can talk at length about the past.

Hey! Everyone! Look at me! LOOK! AT! ME!

FYP

Id like to think you posted that to be ironic, but unfortunately its more moronic.

As i stated, its just my observation, not fact, and its interesting to see peoples views on the matter.

I told those two, at the time, they weren't trying hard enough to get rid of you!! <_<

I must say that I get the feeling that the new posters get a bit intimidated as there are usually 'what a load of shit' type replies to their posts.

FYP

Id like to think you posted that to be ironic, but unfortunately its more moronic.

As i stated, its just my observation, not fact, and its interesting to see peoples views on the matter.

I posted it because you're an attention-seeker as evidence by most of your posts. You probably don't like it being pointed out to you but I think it's fairly obvious to most. Just my view on the matter like.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon

FYP

I posted it because you're an attention-seeker as evidence by most of your posts. You probably don't like it being pointed out to you but I think it's fairly obvious to most. Just my view on the matter like.

Why's he an attention seeker? He goes on about his bird stunning, good for him. I don't think he's an attention seeker. I prefer him to many, many of the cunts on toon boards, especially the geeky majority.

FYP

Why's he an attention seeker? He goes on about his bird stunning, good for him. I don't think he's an attention seeker. I prefer him to many, many of the cunts on toon boards, especially the geeky majority.

Good for you.

FYP

Good for you.

<_<

Calm doon marra

Guest stevieintoon

<_<

You still haven't explained why he's an attention seeker. Is it his Blyth badge what is it? When you have geeks and cliques in the same place, certain posters are never going to be liked, regardless what they say, mob mentality. At least he doesn't go on about fuckin wrestling and computer games like certain Sunderland side of the Tyne based people.