Wallace and Gromit return to TV

khay

Wallace and Gromit are to return in a half-hour television adventure - the first since 1995's A Close Shave.

Aardman Animations has announced that the cheese-loving inventor and his loyal dog will star in Trouble at' Mill - to screen on BBC One in late 2008.

Creator Nick Park said: "The story takes Wallace and Gromit in a direction we haven't seen before - both emotionally and technically."

Shooting starts in January at Aardman studios in Bristol.

Trouble at' Mill is a murder mystery that sees Wallace and Gromit running a bakery business - with their house converted into a granary with ovens and robotic kneading arms.

In pictures: Wallace and Gromit sketches

It also introduces a new love interest for Wallace - bread enthusiast Piella Bakewell.

The new film will reunite Nick Park with writer Bob Baker who co-wrote both The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

It is the first outing for Wallace and Gromit since The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, which won the Oscar for best animated feature in 2006.

Mr Park said he was looking forward to making a short film after the pressure of a Hollywood feature.

"I love making films for the cinema but the production of Chicken Run and Curse of the Were-Rabbit were virtually back to back and each film took five years to complete," he said.

"This one we're making for the BBC. It's going to be a seven or eight-month shoot. That's faster than we've ever done it before," he told the BBC News website.

"It's nice to be out of that feature film pressure now. I don't feel like I'm making a film for a kid in some suburb of America - and being told they're not going to understand a joke, or a northern saying.

"I'm making this for myself again and the people who love Wallace and Gromit."

A video interview with Nick Park about Trouble at' Mill can be seen at www.wallaceandgromit.com

Is there any need for threads like this on here!! Wallace and Fucking Gromitt ffs!!

Get a grip man.

Did I tell you all that I'm going to a Wallace and Gromitt party ?????

A plastescine party?

• 1 year later...