Brogues

Smooth Operator

Anyone wear them, you know the shoes with the fancy pattern on the front around the toe bit of the shoe, a good pair can cost £100 +.

Looking for a new pair of shoes and these look decent of the shelves but can never imagine myself wearing a pair as I've always associated them with old men. But they seem to be in fashion more and more nowadays, almost too in fashion though like those daft haircuts I imagine J69 to have.

Not a fan personally. Loakes ones are pretty good quality though I think. I've had a pair of their loafers and they were very well made etc.

Edited by alex

One need look no further than Gemmill to realise just how bad a pair of brogues can make you look. I honestly thought he was having a nervous breakdown.

Start of a slippery slope to manbagdom as it turned out.

The other thing stopping me getting them is a mate of mine got a pair and we renamed them benders brogues, basically cos he dared to wear something different, so it would look hugely hypocritical to get them now. Stick to Rocports! <_<

Speaking of which my mate bought a pair of Rocksports once. 10 years later and if we're very very remiss, we very occasionally forget to remind him about it.

Ive got a pair of brogues in the softest leather ive ever known.

However - i dont think ive worn then in at least 4 or 5 years.

I see them as a very, very formal shoe.

One need look no further than Gemmill to realise just how bad a pair of brogues can make you look. I honestly thought he was having a nervous breakdown.

Start of a slippery slope to manbagdom as it turned out.

I can almost smell his brogues in his posts tbh

I wouldn't go any further than Patrick Cox's when it comes to shoes/boots, at least you know what your getting. Like slippers my last ones.

SMO I could see you in a pair of Ox blood Dealers, be canny for kicking your lass in the flaps when she works herself as well