WaYNe Rooney

duckerDavies

Call me mad but I'm really glad we never spent 30million on him as it could of harmed the club,When Euro 2004 started i was the dudes biggest fan he was awesome then when we made a bid for him i cummed my load without even touching my cock i was that excited.

But since he went to Man utd he seems no better then any other Footballer,Apart from that wonderful hat trick what has he done that makes him better then the likes of Ashton? Or even Saha and Martins?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not improved since going to ManU? No better than Saha, Ashton or Martins?

What a complete load of bullshit. The guy's a quality player and simlpy brilliant on a good day.

Not improved since going to ManU? No better than Saha, Ashton or Martins?

What a complete load of bullshit. The guy's a quality player and simlpy brilliant on a good day.

What does he do other then have 1 good shot on goal then moan to the Ref? Saha Scores,Ashton Scores,Martin Scores.

I believe not having him in the England side was a blessing

Pretty ignorant comments... So Oba is a better, more useful player than Rooney?

England are a different team when he takes part. We need him in there because he's an itelligent player who can create something out of nothing. How have England not missed him though?

Pretty ignorant comments... England are a different team when he takes part. We need him in there because he's an itelligent player who can create something out of nothing. How have England not missed him though?

Not Really,Unless you mean nearly getting sent off all the time?

Even that clueless scottish twat on MOTD creams his pants whenever Rooney is analysed. The boy is class.

People always still forget how young he has, and he's had some bad injuries at bad times for him personally and this is only bound to make him stronger.

He's strong as fuck, pretty quick, and when they are struck, they are struck like Shearer. For England's sake let's hope he keeps improving and not turn into a Kluivert by peaking far too early =/

Whilst he is still a very good player he is not half the player the media and many supporters bummed him up to be.

Exactly right. Couldn't have said it better.

People have tried to build him up as Best, Geoff Hurst, and Jesus Christ all rolled into one, but he's just another overhyped England man. He's mercurial, able to create something out of nothing as many have said but also quite capable of creating nothing but a yellow card and a growing sense of frustration in many matches.

I think there are players who are just as effective (if not talented) as him at domestic level and in that sense it's a fair comment. He would excel way above them at international level however 'on his day'...the only question here, as already pointed out, is how often will he have his day? That'll be the key and history will be the judge.

Don't think his age is a factor at all btw. I dont expect him to get better just because he was exceptional when he was very young and new on the scene. It doesnt necessarily follow. Ryan Giggs was awesome when he first arrived (aged 17 or so) then went on to be one of the more effective wingers in the league for the next 15 years.......but he never really set the world alight and my arse did he ever turn out to be the 'new George Best' as the Man U Jizz Press gleefully foretold.

I thought he was excellent last season. The problem is he's too inconsistent - he tends to have spells where he's simply outstanding and then spells where he can't do much right. He doesn't strike me as a player who will regularly score 20+ in a Premiership season as his game as equally as much about creating than scoring. That said, he needs to get performing for England as his goalscoring rate, particularly in competitive matches, isn't overly impressive.

Anyone who knock's Rooney's ability are in the same category as those who reckon Owen isn't far and away our best striker.

We can all go on about a striker 'on their day' but if you compare them all 'on their day', Rooney is streets ahead of most.

We were right not to buy him but it was from a financial perspective, not a footballing one.

Anyone who knock's Rooney's ability are in the same category as those who reckon Owen isn't far and away our best striker.

We can all go on about a striker 'on their day' but if you compare them all 'on their day', Rooney is streets ahead of most.

We were right not to buy him but it was from a financial perspective, not a footballing one.

That would be true had we not spunked money on the likes of Owen, Boumsong and Luque with a similar amount of cash soon after.

That would be true had we not spunked money on the likes of Owen, Boumsong and Luque with a similar amount of cash soon after.

I still think we were right to go for Owen at the time. Injuries are something you just can't envisage or help. When he's played, he's been well worth the money. The other two, I agree, was money down the pisser as they're shite

It really rats at me how they wank over the ugly twat but I think the main reason for this is down to jealousy.

Rooney isnt an out and out goalscorer as he drops so deep and links so well with the midfield and does a load of work. He grafts like fuck and is so strong. I cant really say he has or hasnt improved as he wasnt in the team week in week out at Everton was he?

I hope he can stay fit for England.

I think Rooney is 100% class. He is limited, I reckon, in how he is allowed to play in the Man U set up. However, I have no doubt that defenders are absolutely shit scared of him which means, in my book, the boy is the real deal.

How old is he 21?? 22?? and he IS top drawer. Says it all imo.

Excellent player - but its almost as if hes had the 'flair' trained out of him.

Definately a better all round forward but hes lost that something he had at everton.

I still always get the feeling that when he plays there's something we're waiting for, and that's been going on for two or three years now and I can't really judge how much he's improved since then. Fantastic player but still needs to turn it on, on the international scene. Hasn't really shined since Euro 2004, which is pretty poor for a player of his calibre.

Saha! Martins! Ashton! as good as Rooney?

Oh well if you can't see the difference there's not a lot to be said.

As far as not shining since Euro 2004 he went into the last world cup not fully fit and has had a series of injuries since, I think the trouble with a lot of people who criticise Rooney is that they hate ManYoo too much and are blinkered by this.

Edited by BigAl