Celtic v. Milan

acrossthepond

I can't believe he actually lay there and let them strap him into the stretcher and that. All the while knowing that everyone would see on camera that fuck all happened to him.

Something I will never understand when players pretend anything on the pitch. They will always get shown up by TV evidence and later on youtube.

Stevie Taylor, in case you are reading this: it's nonsense, absolute nonsense and makes you look really, really stupid.

I can't believe he actually lay there and let them strap him into the stretcher and that. All the while knowing that everyone would see on camera that fuck all happened to him.

Didn't Milan get some result overturned in the past when Dida got hit by a flare? Probably immediately occurred to him that that was their best chance of winning this one too, the fucking arsewipe.

Although being hit by a flare is genuinely traumatic, IIRC the tit still play acted by going down clutching his head despite being hit on the shoulder.

And Isegrim, players don't care what happens afterwards so long as they gain an advantage during the game - witness Taylor trying (and succeeding with) his party trick against Man Utd (I think) last season despite being made a national laughing stock for doing it before against Villa.

Didn't Milan get some result overturned in the past when Dida got hit by a flare? Probably immediately occurred to him that that was their best chance of winning this one too, the fucking arsewipe.

CL quarter final a few years ago against Inter. Milan were awarded a 3-0 win and Inter had to play a few games behind closed doors I think.

CL quarter final a few years ago against Inter. Milan were awarded a 3-0 win and Inter had to play a few games behind closed doors I think.

They were also fined IIRC. Listening to the radio I thought the fan had seriously tw@ted him and my first reaction is that Celtic would be gone. Inter got kicked out for the flare incident and it would only be fair if Celtic got the same. However, having seen the incident it hardly seems fair to kick them out.

Then again, was it fair to the Inter players after the fan threw the flare?

I hope Celtic are allowed to carry on as it would be an especially bitter pill for them to swallow given the significance of the victory, however, could they really complain if the reason was for a fan invading the pitch and assaulting (I use that term loosely, but valid none the less) a player.

The fan is a tit like. Some people need to learn some self control and awareness of others. His actions could ruin the campaign of his club. Bet he didn't think of that when he thought it'd be 'funny' to slap the oppositions keeper.

The fan is a tit like. Some people need to learn some self control and awareness of others. His actions could ruin the campaign of his club. Bet he didn't think of that when he thought it'd be 'funny' to slap the oppositions keeper.

Tbf if anyone deserves a slap it's Dida.

How's the incident any worse than a streaker running on the pitch or remember that geezer who ran on and gave the Barcelona shirt to Henry when he was still an Arse? Pretty sure it was Henry but can;t remember exactly

And all those times that Jimmy Jump popped on, same amount of "contact" with the player made also...

How's the incident any worse than a streaker running on the pitch or remember that geezer who ran on and gave the Barcelona shirt to Henry when he was still an Arse? Pretty sure it was Henry but can;t remember exactly

And all those times that Jimmy Jump popped on, same amount of "contact" with the player made also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw-ebY_nf5A

Don't get me wrong, I agree with this, and the two posts above it. The contact was minimal and it's the fan who should be punished (and he has) not the club. Part of my point was that how do UEFA react? This incident is no more Celtic's fault than the flare incident was Inters. Inter got thrown out, fined and forced to play the next 4 games behind closed doors. UEFA must show parity or risk the fall out. This incident was not a serious as the Inter one (although the hysterics would argue 'what if he's been carrying knife') but Uefa need to respond.

IMO, if anyone should be banned it should be Dida for his theatrics. If we should make an example, it should be him.

The cynic in me says he did it because he realised that his reaction may result in Celtic getting kicked out and therefore Milan would get through - it worked for them once before.

In reality though - who knows?

Actually I think the incidents and circumstances are very different, and very much warrant different outcomes.

First of all throwing a flare at a player is vicious by nature and intending to harm... even if it wasnt meant to land on Dida, it could and did. Whereas the tap he received the other day had no other purpose than to take the piss.

There have been some comments of the "what if he's been carrying knife" but with the amount of security checks you would get for a CL game makes it pretty unlikely. Claims of him possibly having a weapon are pretty moot i think.

If anything taking the result away from Celtic and forcing them to play behind closed doors would not be showing parity at all!

A fair outcome in terms of punishment would be:

- fine and ban for fan in question

- Maybe fine for Celtic also

- couple games ban and fine for Dida

end of story.

Dida was obviously trying to get Milan through by making it look worse and getting Celtic put out. He should get fucked by UEFA for cheating, but he won't.

It's only the 2nd game of the group phase?

Dida was obviously trying to get Milan through by making it look worse and getting Celtic put out. He should get fucked by UEFA for cheating, but he won't.

It's only the 2nd game of the group phase?

Get the game awarded to Milan then, you pedantic arsehole.

In reference to posts above, the Inter incident was completeley different - many Inter fans threw flares onto the pitch, not just one.

I agree about the difference in the incidents. Awarding the game to Milan and removing Celtic would be overkill and unjust.

Time will tell I guess. Celtic have acted swiftly, which is good. Let hope UEFA take this on board and leave it in the hands of the club.

The flare thing was a whole lot nastier, unquestionably. Wasn't it loads of missiles/flares being thrown onto the pitch? and one happened to hit the big girl. Inter deserved to get thrown out for that because clearly it was many fans acting outrageously, one just had slightly better aim than the others.

Saw that earlier...

A statement on the Uefa website said it had opened an investigation on the basis of article five, paragraph one of the disciplinary regulations, which state:

Member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship.

They should apply that more often...

Excellent. I think Celtic have taken the appropriate action and that should be the end of it. It'll be interesting to see what action UEFA take against Milan/Dida.

Might deter a few others :razz:

Rubbish, the guy was acting like a mackem equalising against Darlington!

Celtic should be thrown oot and banned for 5 years.

Where were the stewards?

Shocking.

Excellent. I think Celtic have taken the appropriate action and that should be the end of it. It'll be interesting to see what action UEFA take against Milan/Dida.

Might deter a few others :razz:

Rubbish, the guy was acting like a mackem equalising against Darlington!

Celtic should be thrown oot and banned for 5 years.

Where were the stewards?

Shocking.

What a load of shite.