Wedding Groom Attire

Scottish Mag

As a Scot who is getting married I am currently looking at kilts but for those on here who are married what was your wedding attire?

What is the most common worn south of the border? A suit? Tuxedo? Top Hat and Tail?

Edited by Scottish Mag

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're wearing a dress does that mean she's wearing the grooms outfit?

You can't both be in dresses obviously. Would end up like one of those crazy lesbian civil ceremony circus shows then. Imagine the indignity of that. Awful. Laughable really. Best wishes for your special day by the way.

As a Scot who is getting married I am currently looking at kilts but for those on here who are married what was your wedding attire?

What is the most common worn south of the border? A suit? Tuxedo? Top Hat and Tail?

Was best man at my mates wedding in Annan and we both wore kilts - thought it would be a nightmare but got to wear a dagger (Dirk I think) in me sock and a sporran to keep me tabs in - liberating experiance imo

At my wedding just went for the formal gear waistcoat, cravat n all that - nee top hat and tails though

Forgot how much I spent but they always take your eye balls out in the wedding shops

Good luck for the big day

Was best man at my mates wedding in Annan and we both wore kilts - thought it would be a nightmare but got to wear a dagger (Dirk I think) in me sock and a sporran to keep me tabs in - liberating experiance imo

At my wedding just went for the formal gear waistcoat, cravat n all that - nee top hat and tails though

Forgot how much I spent but they always take your eye balls out in the wedding shops

That would be a Sgian Dubh ("skee(a)n doo")

That would be a Sgian Dubh ("skee(a)n doo")

Sorry mate - I should just stick to what I know - which is not much too be honest

Was best man at my mates wedding in Annan and we both wore kilts - thought it would be a nightmare

Fucking hell it gets worse. Might as well've turned up as the Cheeky Girls tbh.

Ritchie at this rate if you rocked up in one of those ostrich outfits you'd actually be raising the tone. Best wishes for the big day by the way.

Although folk take the piss out of kilts and the like, I'm quite envious that England doesn't have a proud cultural identity like Scotland for exmple that allows similar national dress.

i'm getting married next year. the morning suit can fuck right off as can the top hat.

i'm going for a bespoke suit. i've only ever had 'off the peg' suits and i'm not going to blow a shitload of cash on something i'll only wear once and that'll make me look a total goon.

i'm not going to blow a shitload of cash on something i'll only wear once and that'll make me look a total goon.

Thats the difference with the kilt. I will continue to get use out of it at other weddings, ceiledhs, black tie events etc

Although folk take the piss out of kilts and the like, I'm quite envious that England doesn't have a proud cultural identity like Scotland for exmple that allows similar national dress.

It's not all Scotsmen who see the kilt as an identity. I was talking about Scots colleague just recently and he said he wouldn't be seen dead in one. The modern day kilt image is just a marketing thing that took hold.

Kilts are class, I wore one to a wedding once, nowt on underneath.

You have to be careful though cos I was on the top table and those sitting on the other tables could see me with my legs splayed, cock wafting about freely. Nowt to worry about mind such is the length of the beast, although a few young kids got a shock but serves them right for crawling underneath tables! :lol:

You have to be careful though cos I was on the top table and those sitting on the other tables could see me with my legs splayed, cock wafting about freely. Nowt to worry about mind such is the length of the beast, although a few young kids got a shock but serves them right for crawling underneath tables! :lol:

A classic example of marketing and trendy-ism bullshit. As if Scotsmen wouldn't wear anything under their kilt! Can you imagine a true Highlander (I would say tchuchter, but I can't spell it!! :mellow: ) not wearing owt under his kilt ???

It's not all Scotsmen who see the kilt as an identity. I was talking about Scots colleague just recently and he said he wouldn't be seen dead in one. The modern day kilt image is just a marketing thing that took hold.

Tartan is a Victorian invention isn't it?

Tartan is a Victorian invention isn't it?

I think you could be right Alex. And I believe that Scotsmen wore their equivalent of underwear under the kilt - probably some rough woolen garb of some description.

I hope I am wrong but its looking like Snakehips may be putting the name RobW down in the alias thread... :blush:

:lol::mellow::P

I must admit that reading all that shite back just before logging out, I was cringing from sounding a right fucking nerb !!111

Oh well, it was all meant without any attempt at boolsheet. :(

A classic example of marketing and trendy-ism bullshit. As if Scotsmen wouldn't wear anything under their kilt! Can you imagine a true Highlander (I would say tchuchter, but I can't spell it!! :mellow: ) not wearing owt under his kilt ???

Fuck you you old bastard, the groom was a jock and wanted us to wear them too, for the record he went commando under his kilt too.

I hope I am wrong but its looking like Snakehips may be putting the name RobW down in the alias thread... :lol:

I must have missed the bit where he said he invented kilts.