colds

Holden McGroin

Hot lemon, whiskey and honey soothes a sore throat.

Drink plenty fluids, inc. orange juice for vit C.

Also to help clear a blocked nose, put some boling water in a bowl and inhale with a cloth over your head. Then the phlegm should be looser so you can give your nose a good ole blow!!!

But honestly you can't beat paracetamols 4 hourly to keep your temp down, as its a high temp that makes you feel ill.

Drink plenty fluids, inc. orange juice for vit C.

Also to help clear a blocked nose, put some boling water in a bowl and inhale with a cloth over your head. Then the phlegm should be looser so you can give your nose a good ole blow!!!

But honestly you can't beat paracetamols 4 hourly to keep your temp down, as its a high temp that makes you feel ill.

Correctamudo.

A hot bath will also help clear your tubes. Do you live near the sea? Have a walk along the beach and get some ozone in your lungs (or sleep with the window open).

Do you live near the sea? Have a walk along the beach and get some ozone in your lungs

Ozone is in the air, not the sea you div. :lol:

A common British folk myth dating back to the Victorian era holds that the smell of the sea is caused by ozone, and that this smell has "bracing" health benefits.[25] Neither of these is true. The characteristic "smell of the sea" is not caused by ozone, but by the presence of dimethyl sulfide generated by phytoplankton, and dimethyl sulfide, like ozone, is toxic in high concentrations.
My bad :mellow:

Do you live near the sea? Have a walk along the beach and get some ozone in your lungs

Ozone is in the air, not the sea you div. :lol:

A common British folk myth dating back to the Victorian era holds that the smell of the sea is caused by ozone, and that this smell has "bracing" health benefits.[25] Neither of these is true. The characteristic "smell of the sea" is not caused by ozone, but by the presence of dimethyl sulfide generated by phytoplankton, and dimethyl sulfide, like ozone, is toxic in high concentrations.
My bad :P

Aye, it smells like Ozone apparently. Btw, your post brings to mind the old "Skegness is so bracing" poster, which in turn brings to mind the "Skegness is so fucking shit" poster in The Viz :mellow:

Aye, it smells like Ozone apparently. Btw, your post brings to mind the old "Skegness is so bracing" poster, which in turn brings to mind the "Skegness is so fucking shit" poster in The Viz :mellow:

Had that on my wall as a teenager. Obviously. :lol:

121245.jpg

not a cure but a hot toddy is good for getting to sleep when your bunged up.

directions:

Add two parts hot water to 1 part whiskey or bourbon.

add a teaspoon of honey plus the juice of half a lemon.

drink. make another one. drink. pass out under duvet in front of the telly

Or just have a whisky.

the whiskey on its own will help you pass out but the honey will help a sore throat and the lemon juice will give you a dose of vitamin c.

I knew that needed a wink. You Irish btw?

Or just have a whisky.

the whiskey on its own will help you pass out but the honey will help a sore throat and the lemon juice will give you a dose of vitamin c.

nah

Or just have a whisky.

nah

Your spelling is.

Head over a bowl of boiling water with a couple of drops of olbas oil in it and a towel over the top of your head. Opens the nasal passages and works a treat.

Early night helps too.