Is Shearer still an integral part of the team?

ChocChip

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any player, black or foreign who had done for the club what Shearer has done would get the amount of adulation Big Al gets. Also, if you think Shearer has the worst ball control of our players you are about as worng as you can be. I agree with your points about his legs being gone though, I've been saying it for a while. On Saturday, he had to play because of the lack of options. We'll only know if Souness agrees with us about him not being intergral to the team once everyone is fit.

32102[/snapback]

True, look at the reception Sir Les still gets. But there is a sizeable element who always seem quicker to get on a black/foreign players back when they first start or go through a bad patch.

Shearer was finished when Bobby first came too. The first thing he told him was that he was spending too much time with his back to goal for a striker, later he brought Bellamy in to do the running for him. Souness has done well to undo that and wouldn't have the tactical nous to see what Bobby saw. Owen and a decent manager and Shearer has a season left in him, and Shearer is technically adept, I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can think otherwise. I think his head's dropping as it was when Gullit was here though.

32125[/snapback]

Just to open this unfortunate point, players i read on here and hear demonised at the few away games i get or have gone to.

Ameobi

Kluivert

Faye

Bramble

Babayaro

Bernard (terrible positioning apparently but Elliots aint so bad!!!!!!)

Jenas

Dyer

Now Boumsong.

Not saying they were all good players, but are they really so much worse than some of the other crap who don't get the same amount of shit?

32142[/snapback]

Butt

O'Brien

Elliott

Carr

Milner

Bowyer

Robert

Shearer

Think you're trying to make too much of this to be honest.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any player, black or foreign who had done for the club what Shearer has done would get the amount of adulation Big Al gets. Also, if you think Shearer has the worst ball control of our players you are about as worng as you can be. I agree with your points about his legs being gone though, I've been saying it for a while. On Saturday, he had to play because of the lack of options. We'll only know if Souness agrees with us about him not being intergral to the team once everyone is fit.

32102[/snapback]

True, look at the reception Sir Les still gets. But there is a sizeable element who always seem quicker to get on a black/foreign players back when they first start or go through a bad patch.

Shearer was finished when Bobby first came too. The first thing he told him was that he was spending too much time with his back to goal for a striker, later he brought Bellamy in to do the running for him. Souness has done well to undo that and wouldn't have the tactical nous to see what Bobby saw. Owen and a decent manager and Shearer has a season left in him, and Shearer is technically adept, I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can think otherwise. I think his head's dropping as it was when Gullit was here though.

32125[/snapback]

Just to open this unfortunate point, players i read on here and hear demonised at the few away games i get or have gone to.

Ameobi

Kluivert

Faye

Bramble

Babayaro

Jenas

Dyer

Now Boumsong.

Not saying they were all good players, but are they really so much worse than some of the other crap who don't get the same amount of shit?

32142[/snapback]

Butt

O'Brien

Elliott

Carr

Milner

Bowyer

Robert

Shearer

32148[/snapback]

Apart from Butt i think your blind to the fact that the others don't/haven't inspired anywhere near the same amount of vitriol as those i mentioned. Do you really think O'Brien had as much shit as Bramble? Neither are up to much but Bramble got it big time. Wonder why.

32102[/snapback]

32125[/snapback]

Ameobi

Kluivert

Faye

Bramble

Babayaro

Jenas

Dyer

Now Boumsong.

32142[/snapback]

Butt

O'Brien

Elliott

Carr

Milner

Bowyer

Robert

Shearer

32148[/snapback]

Apart from Butt i think your blind to the fact that the others don't/haven't inspired anywhere near the same amount of vitriol as those i mentioned. Do you really think O'Brien had as much shit as Bramble? Neither are up to much but Bramble got it big time. Wonder why.

32152[/snapback]

You're joking surely?

You've certainly missed some threads..... :icon_lol:

Theres a general bias against foreign players here, usually helped along by Anal Oliver and people of his mentality, such that the likes of Kluivert and Baba are "feigning injury and are lazy mercanaries" but english players are just injury prone if they miss games.

But there isn't a bias against black players if thats what's being implied.

Theres a general bias against foreign players here, usually helped along by Anal Oliver and people of his mentality, such that the likes of Kluivert and Baba are "feigning injury and are lazy mercanaries" but english players are just injury prone if they miss games.

32163[/snapback]

Glad someone else noticed his thinly veiled racist agenda.

Butt

O'Brien

Elliott

Carr

Milner

Bowyer

Robert

Shearer

32148[/snapback]

I know you were focusing on the black angle but all of these players are foreign and all but 2 are not Geordies. Which is certainly a sin in Oliver's book.

Seriously though how can you say Elliott has suffered anywhere near as badly as say Babayaro. The easiest example I could come up with would be Taylor versus Boumsong.

Edited by DotBum

32163[/snapback]

I think your wrong. I can tell you i've heard enough at away games that, as a black person, i can feel uncomfortable. I've heard 'Titus, you thick black c**t' too often. O'Brien got stick in the end but he was always shite. This doesn't make me think all Geordies are necessarily actively racist (i haven't heard many black taunts from London accented NUFC supporters though, just the once actually, Tottenham away, facist maniac in the seat next to me, it had to be me :icon_lol:), but you wouldn't hear that at Arsenal, not these days, but i still hear it at NUFC games. I remember monkey chants being directed at Carl Cort when Wimbledon beat NUFC at Selhurst Park, and then we signed him, now he WAS crap but why call him a monkey? Whose more often than not the bogeyman who the supporters start blaming first? Ameobi, Bramble, Dyer, Jenas, Robert (polynesian i think - non-white anyway), Babayaro, Faye.

People don't tend to hear what doesn't effect them, nor do they tend to notice a bias which isn't against them. All lot of you notice a bias from the southern media against Newcastle and because of that i notice it, i ask my mates (Londoners) they don't notice it.]

I love the club, i don't love Geordies, i don't have an opinion, i don't know any! But i wouldn't automatically like someone because of their accent or place of birth. When i'm in the away section it's good to be with fans who support your club, it's f**king fantastic tbh and the way you speak if hysterical (in a good way) but don't tell me the insular attitude that is so publicly predominant if not representational of the region isn't gonna jump on the most obvious difference (skin colour) if they've got a gripe with that indivdual, because it always will.

32163[/snapback]

I think your wrong. I can tell you i've heard enough at away games that, as a black person, i can feel uncomfortable. I've heard 'Titus, you thick black c**t' too often. O'Brien got stick in the end but he was always shite. This doesn't make me think all Geordies are necessarily actively racist (i haven't heard many black taunts from London accented NUFC supporters though, just the once actually, Tottenham away, facist maniac in the seat next to me, it had to be me :icon_lol:), but you wouldn't hear that at Arsenal, not these days, but i still hear it at NUFC games. I remember monkey chants being directed at Carl Cort when Wimbledon beat NUFC at Selhurst Park, and then we signed him, now he WAS crap but why call him a monkey? Whose more often than not the bogeyman who the supporters start blaming first? Ameobi, Bramble, Dyer, Jenas, Robert (polynesian i think - non-white anyway), Babayaro, Faye.

People don't tend to hear what doesn't effect them, nor do they tend to notice a bias which isn't against them. All lot of you notice a bias from the southern media against Newcastle and because of that i notice it, i ask my mates (Londoners) they don't notice it.]

I love the club, i don't love Geordies, i don't have an opinion, i don't know any! But i wouldn't automatically like someone because of their accent or place of birth. When i'm in the away section it's good to be with fans who support your club, it's f**king fantastic tbh and the way you speak if hysterical (in a good way) but don't tell me the insular attitude that is so publicly predominant if not representational of the region isn't gonna jump on the most obvious difference (skin colour) if they've got a gripe with that indivdual, because it always will.

32199[/snapback]

ChocChip on your shoulder IMO.

It's this kind of threads that I feared when Shearer announced his decision to play on for another year.

He still can be useful if the teams plays to his strength. But as already stated his lack of pace and immobility doesn't help a team that is lacking creativity and flair anyway. When Shearer had Bellamy alongside him his weaknesses could get compensated. But when Shearer is lacking service he is reduced to ineffictiveness. At least he battled well agaisnt ManUre...

32163[/snapback]

32199[/snapback]

That's big of you!

A wise poster on here who hasn't graced us with his presence in a while would have called that racism.

Edited by DotBum

32163[/snapback]

32199[/snapback]

32202[/snapback]

You'd be all the smarter if you'd called me that yourself, but i knew what i was doing when i chose my user name. Fitting, isn't it? I thought you had more to you.

32163[/snapback]

32199[/snapback]

32202[/snapback]

You'd be all the smarter if you'd called me that yourself, but i knew what i was doing when i chose my user name. Fitting, isn't it? I thought you had more to you.

32207[/snapback]

It was just a phrase, apologies if you thought it was racist. I really meant no offence by it, it's just your username after all. I do think you've got a chip on your shoulder though about this. You've used Robert as an example and I've always thought he was white (or at least predominantly so). He certainly isn't Polynesian, Reunion where he is from is thousands of miles away from Polynesia and in the Indian Ocean.

32163[/snapback]

32199[/snapback]

Very sad and very true.

Newcastle is still way behind London in a lot of ways, especially attitudes towards women and minorities.

Robert's white, I've got myself a nice tan since I moved to France, does that give me a right to rap?

You do seem to have a chip ChocChip, you seem to think racism is only a black & white thing and you also appear to be blowing things out of proportion.

Re the bias against black players - I've heard instances of black players being abused too. At the weekend someone in my section called Faye a "useless darkie".

However, these are isolated incidents of neanderthal behaviour by pathetic morons. They shouldn't be mistaken for a bias against black players.

Very sad and very true.

Newcastle is still way behind London in a lot of ways, especially attitudes towards women and minorities.

32212[/snapback]

How many times has the BNP got a council seat in Newcastle in recent years?

Very sad and very true.

32212[/snapback]

Just out of interest, ignoring the minorities comment, how are women in London so much better off?

Very sad and very true.

32212[/snapback]

32218[/snapback]

BNP are anti-women!? :icon_lol:

I've found attitudes towards immigrants to be extremely old fashioned. Do all people with these attitudes vote? Doesn't mean it's not there though.

BTW, did you miss me? :angry:

Very sad and very true.

32212[/snapback]

Just out of interest, ignoring the minorities comment, how are women in London so much better off?

32228[/snapback]

Dynamite public transport for a start :icon_lol:

Edited by DotBum

Very sad and very true.

32212[/snapback]

32228[/snapback]

They're employed in places other than Greggs.

(joke)

Very sad and very true.

32212[/snapback]

32228[/snapback]

(joke)

32240[/snapback]

So you were talking shite then? Thanks for clearing that one up.

Very sad and very true.

Newcastle is still way behind London in a lot of ways, especially attitudes towards women and minorities .

32212[/snapback]

32218[/snapback]

BNP are anti-women!? :icon_lol:

I've found attitudes towards immigrants to be extremely old fashioned. Do all people with these attitudes vote? Doesn't mean it's not there though.

BTW, did you miss me? :angry:

32236[/snapback]

I was referring to the minorities bit in your post, nice try though :angry:

(joke)

32240[/snapback]

So you were talking shite then? Thanks for clearing that one up.

32243[/snapback]

If I knew you in real life, I'd buy you a big ice cream to cheer you up!

OK. I'm glad we had this discussion because it's been on my mind for a couple of years. I haven't got any fixed opinions, they're always in a state of flux because i meet/encounter new people all the time.

I have suspicions, no one's convicted :-)

It's been enlightening to listen to your opinions (about everything) and i'm glad i've had an opportunity to express mine. It's good to not have to hold back.

The worst possible outcome would be some sickly pro-black PC type atmosphere because i'd rather deal with skinheads! Everyone should be free to call a spade a spade, even my uncle uses this phrase, unbelievable!

I'm learning a lot from all of you and i would gladly buy any of you a.............lemonade (i'm straightedge now ;-))

I may well have 'a chip' , i'll have it examined.

I'm sure Robert is not caucasian. If he is, at least he's foreign.

Alex, nothing you've said i have found even remotely racist. I called myself ChocChip. I called myself that because i knew i was gonna want to have this discussion and i thought it would be a fun way of polarising my position quickly. I every faith that you only an unwitting tool of the white facist regime of denegrating the black man. I'm joking.

Peace brothers, let's call a truce.

I'm gonna have to carry on with my college assignment now before they expel for some trumped up charge of misuse of voodoo or something.

Back later.

OK. I'm glad we had this discussion because it's been on my mind for a couple of years. I haven't got any fixed opinions, they're always in a state of flux because i meet/encounter new people all the time.

I have suspicions, no one's convicted :-)

It's been enlightening to listen to your opinions (about everything) and i'm glad i've had an opportunity to express mine. It's good to not have to hold back.

The worst possible outcome would be some sickly pro-black PC type atmosphere because i'd rather deal with skinheads! Everyone should be free to call a spade a spade, even my uncle uses this phrase, unbelievable!

I'm learning a lot from all of you and i would gladly buy any of you a.............lemonade (i'm straightedge now ;-))

I may well have 'a chip' , i'll have it examined.

I'm sure Robert is not caucasian. If he is, at least he's foreign.

Alex, nothing you've said i have found even remotely racist. I called myself ChocChip. I called myself that because i knew i was gonna want to have this discussion and i thought it would be a fun way of polarising my position quickly. I every faith that you only an unwitting tool of the white facist regime of denegrating the black man. I'm joking.

Peace brothers, let's call a truce.

I'm gonna have to carry on with my college assignment now before they expel for some trumped up charge of misuse of voodoo or something.

Back later.

32260[/snapback]

Nice one mate, like I said apologies for any offence caused.